Upgraded Forum

Greg

• Forum Admin

The upgrade of the forum software took longer than expected. I'll spare you the gory details, but there were a few hurtles I didn't initially expect. However, the forum has been upgraded and everything should be operating fine. However, the templating system unexpectedly changed from the old version to the new version, therefore all the forum templates need to be rebuild - by hand. What you're seeing is the default forum template. I will be working on the forum templates over the next few days and the forum should be properly integrated into Maple Leaf Web's design shortly.

Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any specific questions about the new forum software, please feel free to ask them in this thread or post a support question in the Support and Questions forum

Thanks!

[updated!] The new "skin" has been applied to the forums - please disregard my original discussion about the "default forum template"

Edited by Greg
Updated Post to Reflect

Bravo! Well worth the wait...the new look and feel are outstanding.

Only glitch so far is for ignore list....had some additions, including myself. Previous ignore list was empty (I love to read posts from all members! :P )

Thanks backatcha.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What you're seeing is the default forum template. I will be working on the forum templates over the next few days and the forum should be properly integrated into Maple Leaf Web's design shortly.

Thanks for your work. Hope the integration goes well. It will look similar to what we had before?

It took me a while to get used to the current visual look.

I think it is great that we now have a Multiquote feature, because it will allow me to Multiquote. I've been doing "manual" multiquotes since day one, using cut-and-paste... the automated Multiquote will save a lot of work. I encourage everybody to use Multiquote when responding to multiple messages. It makes you look sophisticated.

As well, I think it is great that there is now a picture of Kimmy at the top of each page. I anticipate that this will really add to everyone's enjoyment of the message board.

-k

I had some problems when I tried to add a link in my post. It did not seem to work. Also I find that the screen layout is a bit too wide. Not a big problem, but makes it more difficult to read the thread content.

Look forward to a template that has a bit more contrast.

Can the icons and such be made larger?

It must be a lot of work. Thanks for your efforts.

Fantastic work Greg. Site looks nice. Having dealt with some webdesign and hosting and implementation myself, it is a real bitch if you don't have all your stuff lined up. I recall one day looking at my code for 2 hours because a table was not aligned right, and I needed a second pair of eyes to point that out to me. I have no idea what is involved in todays designing of website.

Looks nice and I look forward to the tweaks here in the future.

On the previous version, we had a menu selection with assistant and such. Will that come back or is it just me and I can'd locate it? Also, I can't seem to get to my personal messages section.

Ok, it popped up this time, must have been a glitch with the personal messages, however,

my inquiry about the assistant remains.

Edited by madmax

Funny how you miss the board when it's not accessible. There's something comforting even when just visiting and not posting, and seeing/reading the usual contributors. Being a member of a group is good for your sense of belonging, even if that link is virtual.

About the new look. Dang, I can hardly remember what the old setup looked like now. Do we get more adaptable the older we get? Or is it because of those creeping lapses of memory? :lol:

Greg and co., thanks for all your work which at times I'm sure seems thankless.

• Forum Admin

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone - HOWEVER, don't get to comfortable with this "default" design provided by IP.Board.

We working on a complete redesign of the forums, and a lot of colours/etc are going to be moved and changed.

I am taking in everyone's suggestions into consideration, but it is important that the forum look and feel adhere to Maple Leaf Web's existing branding before we attempt to "improve" it.

Thanks! We're hoping to launch the new "look" tomorrow. I will keep everyone in the loop.

We working on a complete redesign of the forums, and a lot of colours/etc are going to be moved and changed.
I'd prefer it if "colors" and not "colours" were being moved and changed.