Upgraded Forum

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Greg has more or less put the forum back to the way it was before (from the user's perspective, it only has fancier graphics), does anyone know how to see in this new version which users are online, and in what thread?

In the past, we used to be able to know this.

Edited by August1991

does anyone know how to see in this new version which users are online, and in what thread?
Click on the link that says: Member Name below.

This link is at the bottom of the forum home page, below the line that says:

"Today's active content -- The moderating team -- Today's top 20 posters -- Overall top posters"

You guys have more or less finally put this forum back to the state it was (user perspective) several months ago. Good.

I have a minor, serious quibble. (This sounds arcane but in fact it's an important part of a poster's life.)

In the past with MLW 1.0, if I prepared a post, then used the back click, then the forward click, I would still find my prepared post. Now with MLW 2.0, if I back click, and then forward click - my prepared post is lost.

Am I wrong?

Guest American Woman
In the past with MLW 1.0, if I prepared a post, then used the back click, then the forward click, I would still find my prepared post. Now with MLW 2.0, if I back click, and then forward click - my prepared post is lost.

Am I wrong?

My prepared post is still there when I back click and then forward click.

Am I wrong?

I've always had that problem, new version or old. I suggest, when "clicking" to copy the prepared post to the clipboard.

• 6 months later...

Yay! The forum has been upgraded again!

I assume we can all look forward to another 2 weeks of August complaining that the Search menu doesn't work the same as it used to.

-k

• 6 years later...
On 11/8/2009 at 0:14 PM, jdobbin said:

It seems inevitable that this will happen. Think I'll be withdrawing from participating on the board at this time. It has been a good run and I don't question the dedication of Greg and Charles in keeping the forum running smoothly. I know how hard they have worked in both design and moderating things. It has been great in terms of lay-out and subject headings for discussions.

I won't be posting anymore although I'll likely keep reading some of the threads simply for the insights. I might send a note or two to people personally if something strikes as something I just have your thoughts on.

Some of the posters here have been extremely interesting over the years. Some I have clashed with repeatedly but generally were never boring. Sometimes it has gotten quite heated. On occasion, I have stopped engaging with a poster or two to avoid a continuation of something that ultimately was negative. To any an all posters, I thank you and to some, I'm sorry if words or actions were more than just mere disagreement.

I wish everyone well and if there are any developments on the board, please let me know.

Once again, thanks for forum and thanks to the people who filled it with their contributions.

I miss posters such as jdobbin and many others who enlivened the Board in the past. I wish this one and others would return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jbg said:

I miss posters such as jdobbin and many others who enlivened the Board in the past. I wish this one and others would return.

Peeves was good, if I remember correctly, as was American Women.  I came late to it, but I remember those and a few more.  Lots of "w"s  WIp, Wyly,Wwwtt, Waldo,

Cybercoma should never have left.  He was always good for a fight.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Peeves was good, if I remember correctly, as was American Women.  I came late to it, but I remember those and a few more.  Lots of "w"s  WIp, Wyly,Wwwtt, Waldo,

Same with KeepitSimple.

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

People who get too emotional should not (and eventually cannot) participate here.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

People who get too emotional should not (and eventually cannot) participate here.

Very true.  I try to never let the argument get the better of me.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2010 at 2:31 AM, August1991 said:

I have a minor, serious quibble. (This sounds arcane but in fact it's an important part of a poster's life.)

Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong.  However, such control is not a function of the forum software. 

The preservation of your draft post is controlled by your computer, your chosen browser and your internet connection. 

• 2 weeks later...