President Obama ties George W. Bush on golf

President Barack Obama has only been in office for just over nine months, but he's already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years.

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.

Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

Politico

He must have so much time to play golf, because all of the foreign conflicts have been settled, and prosperity reigns throughout the homeland. :rolleyes::blink:

Hope n change! :lol:

Guest American Woman

Shady actually has a point. Bush was criticized for being out on the golf course as war raged and the economy tanked. Apparently the media isn't doing the same to Obama.

Obama’s golf outings have generated favorable reports from the media, in contrast to his predecessor, George W. Bush. Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course

Edited by American Woman

Shady actually has a point. Bush was criticized for being out on the golf course as war raged and the economy tanked. Apparently the media isn't doing the same to Obama.

Obama’s golf outings have generated favorable reports from the media, in contrast to his predecessor, George W. Bush. Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course

You're exactly right. Personally, I don't have a problem with him golfing. I think President's should have the right to get away from things, even for just a short while every so often, to ease stress, or to think. FDR used to people over to the White House on a daily basis for cocktails, and forbode anyone to speak of the war during that hour or so. I just wish the media would treat everyone equal and be consistent with their criticism or lack of.

You're exactly right. Personally, I don't have a problem with him golfing. I think President's should have the right to get away from things, even for just a short while every so often, to ease stress, or to think. FDR used to people over to the White House on a daily basis for cocktails, and forbode anyone to speak of the war during that hour or so. I just wish the media (or shady!!!!!) would treat everyone equal and be consistent with their criticism or lack of.

Heheheheheheheheheh.

You're exactly right. Personally, I don't have a problem with him golfing. I think President's should have the right to get away from things, even for just a short while every so often, to ease stress, or to think. FDR used to people over to the White House on a daily basis for cocktails, and forbode anyone to speak of the war during that hour or so. I just wish the media would treat everyone equal and be consistent with their criticism or lack of.

I dont think Bush got critisized for playing too much golf. He got critisized for that one flippant "Now watch this drive" comment while talking to some reporter.

Personally, I don't have a problem with him golfing.

Bullshit. Heres your OP...

He must have so much time to play golf, because all of the foreign conflicts have been settled, and prosperity reigns throughout the homeland.

• 5 months later...
Obama skips Polish funeral, heads to golf course

A massive volcanic plume covering most of Europe forced President Obama to cancel a Sunday trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president. But the last-minute change left an opening in his schedule, so the president headed to the links for a round of golf instead.

Mr. Obama has played golf far more often than former President George W. Bush. In his eight years in office, Mr. Bush played just 24 times. His last time as president was Oct. 13, 2003.

Link

Obama played his 32nd round of golf today. Bush played 24 rounds, in 8 years! And remember how he was chastised about it? Well, where's the outrage now? Two wars, high unemployment, double-standard! :angry:

Obama played his 32nd round of golf today. Bush played 24 rounds, in 8 years! And remember how he was chastised about it? Well, where's the outrage now? Two wars, high unemployment, double-standard! :angry:

Yah but Bush gave up golf for the troops. Obama was never dumb enough to say something like that. How much time has Obama spent on Bush's ranch now Shady remind me of that one?

Edited by punked

Guest American Woman

Yeah...he skipped the Polish Funeral....what a headline.... :rolleyes:

As if the headline's not bad enough, it reads as if he had a choice over not attending the president's funeral. Talk about a misleading headline; it's like saying someone skipped class when class was cancelled.

Edited by American Woman

I am indeed outraged. I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you.

Indeed you should be. Some of the soldiers coming home in body bags from Obama's Afghanistan surge, I'm sure would've liked to play a round or two of golf as well.

Indeed you should be. Some of the soldiers coming home in body bags from Obama's Afghanistan surge, I'm sure would've liked to play a round or two of golf as well.

Yeah he should give up Golf for the troops like Bush. That stopped them from coming home in body bags. KNOW WHAT MIGHT? Bring the troops home from Bushs stupid wars. Enough talk about golf.

Yeah he should give up Golf for the troops like Bush. That stopped them from coming home in body bags. KNOW WHAT MIGHT? Bring the troops home from Bushs stupid wars. Enough talk about golf.

I was being sarcastic. This golf thingy is such a non starter.

Edited by Born Free

I'm just pointing out the complete and utter hypocrisy of the situation. Bush gets criticized for playing golf, while Obama golfs at will, and nothings said about it. Personally, I couldn't care less whether a President golfs or takes time off. During war, or otherwise. But it seemed to be a big deal before, and now it's not. You do the math.

Perhaps it's just part of the affirmative action program that allowed Obama to become President in the first place. :)

Guest American Woman

I'm just pointing out the complete and utter hypocrisy of the situation. Bush gets criticized for playing golf, while Obama golfs at will, and nothings said about it.

Actually, that's not quite true. Bush was criticized for his "now watch this drive" comment......

....and for playing golf after he said he was giving it up for the troops.

I'm just pointing out the complete and utter hypocrisy of the situation. Bush gets criticized for playing golf, while Obama golfs at will, and nothings said about it. Personally, I couldn't care less whether a President golfs or takes time off. During war, or otherwise. But it seemed to be a big deal before, and now it's not. You do the math.

Perhaps it's just part of the affirmative action program that allowed Obama to become President in the first place. :)

It's getting so obvious now. You just knew that sooner or later the outright persecution of Bush would come back to bite the MSM. Comparing the bias in covering the 2 shows one whether the MSM is trustworthy. They simply are not. The next big proof will be the mid-terms.

No see you missed the part where he said he gave it up for the troops. He was criticized for the stupid comment and everytime he played golf that stupid comment was brought back up. There is a real substantial difference Shady that you miss.

Looks like I was completely right!

The Media's Golf Double Standard

News flash: President Obama hasn’t held a formal press conference in almost a year (274 days and counting) yet has golfed 32 times since he was elected—eight more times than President George W. Bush did during his entire presidency.

On Memorial Day last year, the press reverently reported that Obama placed a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknowns in the morning, and then observed a moment of silence that afternoon—on the golf course before teeing off. (I can only imagine how this would have been reported if Bush’s moment of “silent remembrance and solemn prayer” was on the green.)

Link

You do know about that volcano that shut down air traffic from North America to Europe,.... right?? Obama was not the only one who missed it. Typical 'Shady Post'.