Conservative Party Logo on Government cheque

madmax

OPPS :blink:

One two three..... boy are you dumb.....

Conservative treats our money like its their own

Last month, the Conservative was in Chester, N.S., to present $302,000 from the Infrastructure Canada fund. The money is to be used to upgrade the hockey rink in Chester.

So far, so good.

But featured prominently on the cheque: the Conservative Party logo.

Now, the Government of Canada has pretty strict rules about how taxpayers' money can used. The Federal Identity Program makes it clear that it should be issued in an nonpartisan way. No logos, no Conservative slogans, you get the drift.

OBVIOUS GUY SAYS:

This example may be pretty obvious. It's hard to argue with a big cheque and an well-known logo.

For the record, Keddy says the cheque was produced by his office.

UPDATE: Uh oh. The Prime Minister's Office is hot on the tail of the big cheque.

Apparently, it was not authorized by PMO. And what's more, Stephen Harper's office wants Keddy to acknowledge his mistake.

A spokesperson for the prime minister says the money belongs to the "taxpayers of Canada"

and that these good projects are for all Canadians and "not just Conservatives."

:(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well.... I got a $20 today with Joe Clark's picture on it...

I was thinking that it was a Conservative plot when I realized that the picture was just an obscene pencil doodle. I should have realized that the Queen wouldn't allow an image of Clark performing that act to appear on her money.

How many times has the Tories done something wrong knowingly and thinking, all they have to do is apologize for doing but the idea of gettting their point across is all that counts. Perhaps the Tory party should pay for it and this will help them remind themselves were the money came from.

If you have not heard it lately let me remind you - the Banks are and will always be conservative - what ever that means these days - and they will brand their money (or ours) how ever you look at it with their logo....and there is nothing you can do about it...the conservative logo on government checks is just a precursor of things to come.

If you have not heard it lately let me remind you - the Banks are and will always be conservative - what ever that means these days - and they will brand their money (or ours) how ever you look at it with their logo....and there is nothing you can do about it...the conservative logo on government checks is just a precursor of things to come.

Bank money was for a very long time funnelled into the Liberal party. The Conservatives have always got their money from Big bisuness.

Here's what the Calgary Herald had to say about this topic...... http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Step...0638/story.html

What's the difference? All is fair in love and war. For instance go to your local family court and your very own tax dollars are used to bankrupt you - or pay taxes to the gov who hands it over to some charity or child protection agency and they will use YOUR money to wage war on you.

Ridiculous

The NDP was so incensed that they wanted to launch an investigation?

GROW UP! For heaven's sake!

I think that Jack Layton should have launched an investigation when I witnessed some distraught protesting father who was screwed by the courts about to jump from the roof of Laytons Toronto head quarters...now that would be diserving a look see into a judical mechanism that pushes men to the brink of death by with holding what they love most - but commies like Jack like that shit - that whole communal it takes a village crap!

What a pathetic issue. Who cares what logo is put on a cheque? It must be a slow news day, or something!

most of the stuff that comes up in the political games is silly crap...but this is not, it's OUR money not theirs, the libs got kicked out for treating our money as if it was theirs...

most of the stuff that comes up in the political games is silly crap...but this is not, it's OUR money not theirs, the libs got kicked out for treating our money as if it was theirs...

Yuppers. Ex-actly.

I figure I'm going to give copies of 'Animal Farm' to all sorts of people, for Christmas.

I don't see anything wrong here at all.

First they whine about no stimulus in the budget, the Tories fixed that.

Second they said that the money spent was too much.

Thirdly they said that not enough money was flowing quickly enough.

and now they complain in the manner to which the money is getting out to the communities.

The Liberals are really grasping at straws. Desperate to make anything stick to the Tories. Sad, very sad.

I hope the liberals come out with some policies. I hope the next election isn't the same for the Liberals. No plan, No policy and lots of mudslinging. Worked out great for us last time. Keep it up. It serves to make the Liberals look petty and confrontational not leaders.

and now they complain in the manner to which the money is getting out to the communities.

The Liberals are really grasping at straws. Desperate to make anything stick to the Tories. Sad, very sad.

I hope the liberals come out with some policies. I hope the next election isn't the same for the Liberals. No plan, No policy and lots of mudslinging. Worked out great for us last time. Keep it up. It serves to make the Liberals look petty and confrontational not leaders.

You don't see anything wrong here? If that's the case why was Mr. Harper so quick to lay the blame on the MP's office and distance himself and party from it?

Not to mention how can you not see anything wrong with the Conservative logo on a check from the Tax Payer's of Canada? It should have the GoC logo nothing more. This essentially equates to advertizing for the CPC on my dime. That's not even in the realm of no big deal. If the cheque doesn't come out of the CPC's coffers their logo has no place there.

If the LPC had pulled a stunt like this would you be so cavalier about the matter? There are strict rules in place about the manner in which government programs and grants are advertized and they must always be party neutral.

The comment that really got to me I will list below from the CBC report.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story...ddy-cheque.html

A photo of the cheque presentation was published in a local newspaper.

Keddy said he never noticed the Tory blue design and large Conservative Party logo in the top left corner, or his signature at the bottom.

Seriously how dumb does he think we are? The cheque was 3ftx1ft how could you miss it?

That's hardly surprising. I suspect if Harper carved up your mother and fed her to you, you'd probably be here complimenting him on his skills as a cook.

With a gun to their heads.

Considering that it is Parliament who passed the stimulus package, and the cheque in question is branded with a Conservative logo, then yes, there is a problem.

But not quite as sad as a government trying to deceive the electorate into believing that they alone created the stimulus program.

Which is irrelevant to this point.