Tigers Are Not Vegetarians

jdobbin

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...ub=TopStoriesV2

The Calgary Zoo says two 27-year-old men snuck onto zoo grounds Monday morning and climbed over the public safety fence surrounding a tiger exhibit, where one man suffered serious arm injuries.

Zoo officials held a news conference on Monday to discuss the details of the bizarre incident which happened at about 1:00 a.m. local time.

This is an experiment that has been tried a few times and seems to have produced the same results. However, since we can't be sure with such a small sample, I expect it will have to happen a few times to be conclusive.

In other news, gorillas in the Calgary Zoo are threatening others with knives.

The suspicion is that guards are being paid off in this seeming escalation at the Calgary Zoo.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

Pictures snapped by onlookers show the gorilla, Barika, clutching the knife in her black, hairy hand and briefly holding it up near another animal.

This is an experiment that has been tried a few times and seems to have produced the same results. However, since we can't be sure with such a small sample, I expect it will have to happen a few times to be conclusive.

I am not sure we can get many volunteers for this experiment. But I would be interested in the results as well !!

I am not sure we can get many volunteers for this experiment. But I would be interested in the results as well !!

There seems to be a supply of male volunteers but women seem reticent to volunteer. Perhaps they are just not as good at climbing fences as their male counterparts.

There seems to be a supply of male volunteers but women seem reticent to volunteer. Perhaps they are just not as good at climbing fences as their male counterparts.

Quite true, I recall as a kid me and my pals jumped the fence while my kid sister was on the other side crying cause she could not.

Quite true, I recall as a kid me and my pals jumped the fence while my kid sister was on the other side crying cause she could not.

Exactly, I'm sure they would want to test the theory that tigers are cuddly but haven't been able to get over the fence.

There is a very good biological reason why women steer clear of dangerous animals, Dobbins.

-k

Tiger attacks are very serious...as this video shows. Watch where you point that thing.

That was excellent! :lol:

Better than primates pitching turds.

We had two Siberians on display at the local zoo, and the designers were smart enough to use 25mm thick Lexan barriers in the exhibit to prevent "golden showers" from a big cat.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/alberta/20...9/11359001.html

Trever James Wearmouth, 27, and Thomas Anthony Bryce-Hart, 27, have each been charged with one count of trespassing.

Investigators said because the case is now before the courts, they are unable to release further details and refused to identify which men was the more severely injured out of the two.

Think they should be charged with feeding the animals as well, don't you?

Reminds me of the guy in Harlem who was badly mauled by his "pet" tiger.

I remember hippish girls who were convinced their cats and dogs were vegetarians. It's all cute untill the family mutt snatches up the new born infant human and eats it. Look inside a tigers mouth or a dogs - thoses those jaws and teeth are not desinged to munch on apples..they are made for gripping and ripping flesh. Why is it that some human beings are so dellusional about creatures that they can not see what they are? We have a new generation coming up that was raised on Disney films where dogs and other animals talked - hence the formation of PETA. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly, I'm sure they would want to test the theory that tigers are cuddly but haven't been able to get over the fence.

Well, maybe not all of them.

A well-liked, friendly 14 year old chimpanzee literally went apes*** this past Monday in Stamford, Connecticut. Read below:

Police: Pet chimpanzee, Travis, attacks woman in Stamford

BY Edgar Sandoval, Bill Hutchinson and Helen Kennedy

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 5:34 AM

A teenage ape raised like a human went berserk in Connecticut Monday, badly mauling a friend of his owner before cops shot and killed him.

Sandy Herold tried to stop the rampage by stabbing her beloved pet chimp, Travis, with a butcher knife, cops said.

"In an effort to stop him, she had to go after her pet of many years," said Stamford, Conn., police Capt. Rich Conklin.

But Travis, a normally docile 200-pound chimp that starred in a TV commercial for Old Navy cargo shorts and enjoyed human activities like drinking wine and surfing the Internet, could not be stopped.

When cops drove up around 4 p.m., the burly ape tore off a cruiser's side mirror and opened the door.

The officers had "nowhere to retreat," Conklin said, and shot him several times.

Bleeding from stab wounds and gunshots, 15-year-old Travis staggered down the driveway and into Herold's house, where he collapsed and died in a zoolike cage the size of a room.

The celebrity monkey was a media darling, however.

A 2003 feature story in the Stamford Advocate reported he liked to surf the Internet and watched TV with a remote, preferring baseball games if he could find them.

He watered plants, fed hay to the Herolds' horses, ate at the table with his owners and drank wine from a stemmed glass.

Travis was known to the town cops because they worked with the Herolds' towing company, Desire Me Towing. He would ride in the trucks, waving.

Conklin said Travis pounced on the victim, 55-year-old Charla Nash, as soon as she got out of her car to try to help Herold get the ape back in his cage.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/02/16/2009-02-16_police_pet_chimpanzee_travis_attacks_wom.html#ixzz0WKG8ETLW

Go here for more (link).

Edited by jbg