God's Warriors - Israel

naomiglover

There is a big shift happening in the Israeli military where a once secular military has been transformed into a religious military.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8243737.stm

The rise of Israel's military rabbis

Katya Adler reports on the rise of the military rabbis who are changing the face of the once proudly secular Israeli army.

After watching that report, I could not help but wonder, how is this any different from messages Muslim fighter are getting from their Military Mullahs......no difference if you ask me. If could well turn the simmering cauldron that is the Mid-East into a raging fire, it doesn't bode well for anyone, be they Muslim Arab or Israeli Jew.

After watching that report, I could not help but wonder, how is this any different from messages Muslim fighter are getting from their Military Mullahs......no difference if you ask me. If could well turn the simmering cauldron that is the Mid-East into a raging fire, it doesn't bode well for anyone, be they Muslim Arab or Israeli Jew.

Hello Sabre!

Totally agreed!

It seems like the more the secular Jewish Israelis become indifferent to the occupation and the settlements, the more the religious right is encouraged to participate by the government. It seems like this is the only way they can keep the wheel going.

As you mentioned, these religious extremists are no different from each other. Muslim extremists seem to use the same methods to recruit and continue their fights.

I think it's time for all of us secular Jews and Muslims and Christians to stand up to these religious zealots.

Hello Sabre!

Totally agreed!

It seems like the more the secular Jewish Israelis become indifferent to the occupation and the settlements, the more the religious right is encouraged to participate by the government. It seems like this is the only way they can keep the wheel going.

As you mentioned, these religious extremists are no different from each other. Muslim extremists seem to use the same methods to recruit and continue their fights.

I think it's time for all of us secular Jews and Muslims and Christians to stand up to these religious zealots.

I hate all people with beards.

I hate all people with beards.

It bothers me anytime mythology wins out over secularism. Talk of 'the Messiah returning' says you're not fighting for this World...but some imaginary afterlife. As the one reserve soldier said, the Rabbis should be kept away from actual IDF operations...this isn't 'Holy War'. But Israel has changed since the days of Yom Kippur in 1973.

Only a nut would actually think that Israel is a theocracy! The place is full of atheists and secularist partizan twits...speaking to a young Israeli, I asked him if he believed in God. He said he did not but he "believed in the state of Israel"...sound like a father land thing - or maybe a mother land thing - I guess it puts dent in the real male ego when you chop of a piece on the 8th day of life..trama.. :lol: a society where men are less than men and old Jewish mothers rule. :lol:

Only a nut would actually think that Israel is a theocracy!

Oh, come on. My comment was made with tongue planted in cheek; I'm aware Israel isn't a theocracy, but it is the Jewish state, and last time I checked, Judaism was still a religion. I don't know why everyone always gets their knickers in such a knot over that country.

Oh, come on. My comment was made with tongue planted in cheek; I'm aware Israel isn't a theocracy, but it is the Jewish state, and last time I checked, Judaism was still a religion. I don't know why everyone always gets their knickers in such a knot over that country.

Jewishness has become a state of mind...it is no longer a religion - but it has through their racist breeding pratices become a race. People get in a tizzy about that country because they want to be nice guys and seem civlized so they support the place because of who the Jews WERE...Most people do not like them but they will never state that in public ...much like the politically charged gay issue..most people don't care for them either....My landlord owns a bunch of buildings on Queen East - He's a Jew and a jerk - sterotypically cheap and a user - much like gays ---but we have to do what's right and be nice.. :rolleyes: Most of the dishonouable things they say about Jews is true - that they are racist, non- assimulating cheap skapes - and gays are dishonest pleasure seeking rats - but we have to be nice and play nice - so we do.. :lol: BUT in our minds we think what we want..cos' that's the last domain of freedom - the mind.

• 9 months later...

There is a big shift happening in the Israeli military where a once secular military has been transformed into a religious military.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8243737.stm

The rise of Israel's military rabbis

Katya Adler reports on the rise of the military rabbis who are changing the face of the once proudly secular Israeli army.

I see you got an early start to Jew and Israel hatred.

I think it's time for us atheists to find a new planet and leave you folks to your own devices.

The Jewishness is part of my culture which goes beyond religion and belief in some higher spiritual being. I am an atheist.

• 2 months later...

The American military is the same. From Defence Donald Rumsfeld's staff putting Bible verses on the top of the military "Worldwide Intelligence Update" briefings, the discrimination of Atheist soldiers, the proselytizing to the local Afghans by American military chaplains in Muslim Afghanistan, to the incredible influence the born again movement has in the American Military.

Edited by Post To The Left

The American military is the same. From Defence Donald Rumsfeld's staff putting Bible verses on the top of the military "Worldwide Intelligence Update" briefings, the discrimination of Atheist soldiers, the proselytizing to the local Afghans by American military chaplains in Muslim Afghanistan, to the incredible influence the born again movement has in the American Military.

That's because "God" has a very important role in the "American Military":

"Kill'em all, and let God sort'em out"

Always scary to know that vast ammounts of firepower are in the hands of people that believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree!

Always scary to know that vast ammounts of firepower are in the hands of people that believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree!

Jews believe in the Holy Trinity now?

:lol: