Is this message reasonable? Why not?

lictor616

Ethnic Pride, a universal right?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cute story:

at the local mall, two adorable little girls, bopping around the hallways, there Dad doing his best to keep up with the energetic twosome.

The older of the two, turned to me, with her megawatt smile, HELLO, friendly wave.

And I said "hello cutie" back to her.

Cause I always call little people "cutie"

And she was as pleased as punch.

And her little smiling face and friendly wave made my day

And, ya know what?

Our skin was not the same colour, did the little cutie care?

Nope she saw a friendly face on another PERSON and said hello.

Oh you're so liberal and noble and inclusive that you are clearly a person among persons.

I so admire you. But then, I'm sure everyone does.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman
cute story:

at the local mall, two adorable little girls, bopping around the hallways, there Dad doing his best to keep up with the energetic twosome.

The older of the two, turned to me, with her megawatt smile, HELLO, friendly wave.

And I said "hello cutie" back to her.

Cause I always call little people "cutie"

And she was as pleased as punch.

And her little smiling face and friendly wave made my day

And, ya know what?

Nope she saw a friendly face on another PERSON and said hello.

With all due respect, is there a point to your story other than it's "cuteness?"

Have you ever met any Somalis? Do you know anything at all about them and their morally bankrupt culture? Do you have any idea what their well-deserved reputation is in areas of Canada where they have gathered in large numbers?

There are Blacks in Ottawa from all over the world, but the only negative comments I generally hear - and consistently hear - are about Somalis. And I hear them from Blacks too.

Well the running joke here in Ottawa is : What is the capitol of Somalia? The answer is Ottawa. I can't say for all somali's, but I did have one as a roomate. He had a problem with drugs and alcohol, and eventualy I needed to kick him out, for the fact of him making direct threats to me and my other roomate. Did not tolerate it, and he had to go.

But it does makes sense Argus. Somalia has not had any real form of functioning government in over 20 years. So anyone comming from Somalia immigrating to Canada might not respect any kind of authority simply because they never had to. It never existed. That is something they need to adjust to, or problems are going to arise. I have been living in Ottawa for about 13 years now and the Somali thing was one of the first things I was told about, from whites, blacks, asians. ect. So there really seems to be something of concern here.

Guest American Woman
I can't say for all somali's, but I did have one as a roomate. He had a problem with drugs and alcohol, and eventualy I needed to kick him out, for the fact of him making direct threats to me and my other roomate.

As you already noted, your roommate certainly doesn't speak for all Somalis; but by the same token, many people have had similar problems with roommates who were not Somalis. Problem roommates come in all races and nationalities.

Edited by American Woman

Well I thought Kuzadd's story was cute. It must have made those little brown children feel really good to get a pat on the head from a white person.

And I can relate, because I have a young dark fellow on my crew, I think he's Jamaican or something, but now he's a Canadian! He's still in school, but he's home schooled so he can work afternoons with us, and we're just as pleased as punch to have him. He's just as sweet as could be. Always comes to work with an "I (heart) Jesus" pin on his shirt, and a big smile on his face, and he works just as hard as everybody else! And I always spend a little extra time with him so that he'll learn some skills that'll help him, and to show him that even though he's dark I just really appreciate all the hard work he does for us.

And Kuzadd, if you're appalled at how patronizing and self-congratulatory all of the above was, then I've accomplished my goal, because that's exactly how I felt reading your cringe-inducing message.

-k

Well the running joke here in Ottawa is : What is the capitol of Somalia? The answer is Ottawa. I can't say for all somali's, but I did have one as a roomate. He had a problem with drugs and alcohol, and eventualy I needed to kick him out, for the fact of him making direct threats to me and my other roomate. Did not tolerate it, and he had to go.

But it does makes sense Argus. Somalia has not had any real form of functioning government in over 20 years. So anyone comming from Somalia immigrating to Canada might not respect any kind of authority simply because they never had to. It never existed. That is something they need to adjust to, or problems are going to arise. I have been living in Ottawa for about 13 years now and the Somali thing was one of the first things I was told about, from whites, blacks, asians. ect. So there really seems to be something of concern here.

Somalis have a culture vastly different from Canada.

I have read a little about Somalia since it is one of three countries in the world that does not have a central bank but I haven't been there.

There is a heirarchy in Somalia based upon clans. You could never understand a Somali by comparing him to Canadian standards. They don't live by our standards. Their clans do not tolerate criminal behavior. There are no clans in Canada that protect or restrict criminal behavior.

There is no bond to respect other people's person or property that they would recognize as familiar.

If I remember correctly about what I read their system of clans expects each member to respect other clans and if crimes against other clans are committed the whole clan is held accountable for any damages caused by it's individual members. A clan member can be disowned if he causes the clan too much trouble. There are clanless individuals roaming around and the Clans generally know who they are. They aren't punished, I don't think, other than being disowned, and I think they can earn their way back but that is how their culture works.

They definitely would find our culture strange.

A central government there is not possible because the clans band together and defeat any attempt to change the heirarchichal structure of the culture. It works for them but their problems here are a classic example of why dissimilar cultures should not be "forced" to mix under such unthoughtout legislation as multiculturalism.

The cannibal wishing to shed his cannibalistic ways and eagerly and eanestly learn the ways of a new culture could be welcomed but not thrust upon a different culture and given refugee status or something like that. Being a hyphenated Cannibal-Canadian is not acceptable. One must be of the opinion that the culture he is adopting is of some merit and he is deserving of what he can offer it when he learns what is expected of him.

Well I thought Kuzadd's story was cute. It must have made those little brown children feel really good to get a pat on the head from a white person.

And I can relate, because I have a young dark fellow on my crew, I think he's Jamaican or something, but now he's a Canadian! He's still in school, but he's home schooled so he can work afternoons with us, and we're just as pleased as punch to have him. He's just as sweet as could be. Always comes to work with an "I (heart) Jesus" pin on his shirt, and a big smile on his face, and he works just as hard as everybody else! And I always spend a little extra time with him so that he'll learn some skills that'll help him, and to show him that even though he's dark I just really appreciate all the hard work he does for us.

And Kuzadd, if you're appalled at how patronizing and self-congratulatory all of the above was, then I've accomplished my goal, because that's exactly how I felt reading your cringe-inducing message.

-k

"Jamaican or something", "even though he's dark" - "A" for liberal speak - :D

the point of the message, and it was right in the story.

See, right in the end

"And, ya know what?

Nope she saw a friendly face on another PERSON and said hello."

The point was, the little gal, didn't see colour, she didn't see "race", she saw a person.

In her youth, she is wiser then the fools that populate this forum

Edited by kuzadd

Oh you're so liberal and noble and inclusive that you are clearly a person among persons.

I so admire you. But then, I'm sure everyone does.

Yes, I am inclusive, but it has nothing to do with being liberal, and everything to do with being a member of the human race, a human being. Try being one, it is very enjoyable.

-k

"cringe inducing" wow, what a weird reaction to a little girl who didn't see colour, only a person. Were you scared, maybe she was muslim on top of it all?

really. :rolleyes:

Edited by kuzadd

"cringe inducing" wow, what a weird reaction to a little girl who didn't see colour, only a person. Were you scared, maybe she was muslim on top of it all?

really. :rolleyes:

I wasn't cringing because someone had a nice moment with a little child.

I was cringing at the tone of your story.

It reminded me of a time when one of my friends met an openly gay man, and felt compelled to tell everyone that she'd met a gay man, and had talked to him for several minutes, even though he was gay, and that she had found him really interesting, despite the fact that he's actually gay. She was ... I guess... expecting people to congratulate her for being so open-minded and brave as to talk to a gay man. She seemed perplexed that people didn't applaud her display of prominent nobility for talking to a gay man. But what was she really doing? She was calling attention to the fact that the one who really had an issue with this gay person's gayness was she herself.

-k

Kuzzadd

Escape from the cloud of the collective conscience and attempt an understanding of what is being said here.

Your "cute" story is all about the person who wrote it and not about the cute little girl in the least. The person who wrote it seems almost "surprised" that the little girl smiled and waved to a white person as though there was no difference in their skin color. He obviously noticed the little girl was black and here she was behaving like any cute little white girl would. Isn't that nice. It's almost as though she didn't even know she was black.

I know you focus on the cute little girl in the story when you read it but take a look at the person telling the story. It's a condescending and discriminatory tale that sounds all warm and fuzzy. It isn't. It's deadly and it's the reason racism is so hard to escape.

Get me out of here when they make a law that we have to talk all sugary and sweet to each other and make our lower lip quiver just a bit so we can exact sympathetic, and cooing tones of adulation from our listener.

Kuzzadd

Escape from the cloud of the collective conscience and attempt an understanding of what is being said here.

Your "cute" story is all about the person who wrote it and not about the cute little girl in the least. The person who wrote it seems almost "surprised" that the little girl smiled and waved to a white person as though there was no difference in their skin color. He obviously noticed the little girl was black and here she was behaving like any cute little white girl would. Isn't that nice. It's almost as though she didn't even know she was black.

I know you focus on the cute little girl in the story when you read it but take a look at the person telling the story. It's a condescending and discriminatory tale that sounds all warm and fuzzy. It isn't. It's deadly and it's the reason racism is so hard to escape.

How you or other individuals percieve what I have said? I have no control over.

Good god, you people just pile in with assumptions, it is incredible!

Kimmy has me condenscendingly patting her head, and you have me being "surprised"

You ALL make your own assumptions for all your own reasons, and as I have said, they have nothing to do with me.

One reason is you clearly didn't read what I wrote based on what you wrote above.

So stop attributing imaginary head pats and expressions of surprise, when nothing like that happened.

Goodness Argus even cited "liberalism" for gods sakes.

I think some self-examination on your part, and the part of some others is in line.

For the way you all read a simple story of the wisdom of the little gal.

Ya know that safe about assuming.....

Edited by kuzadd

See, right in the end

The point was, the little gal, didn't see colour, she didn't see "race", she saw a person.

I babysat for three little girls once. After their bath they ran around the house naked, squealing in joy and ignoring the people trying to get them back to their room.

I wouldn't actually mind it if older girls had that same innocence, but it would probably create difficulties for traffic and such.

Still and all, within certain age and weight restrictions, I do encourage such innocence.

Yes, I am inclusive, but it has nothing to do with being liberal, and everything to do with being a member of the human race, a human being. Try being one, it is very enjoyable.

Well, gee, I'm nto sure how inclusive you really are being you've just excluded me from the human race... :unsure:

Guest American Woman

See, right in the end

Yet you saw color, so that's why I was wondering what the point was. I guess it was to point out that you are a "fool?" ;)

I don't take a lot of pride just for picking my grandparents. I have much respect for what the CULTURE of my British heritage has brought to the world, from steam engines to British Law and systems of government! However, my ancestors did that, not me.

I've always felt that I'm on my own! It's up to me as an individual to do something worthy of pride. Nobody should hand it to me because of my race or the folks I hang around with.

I've never felt part of some "tribe". To me, if you have to take pride in your "tribe" accomplishments then you're not doing enough yourself!

That's also why I don't feel any "white" guilt. Again, that's a tribal thing. If it wasn't me that did something and I feel no right to take credit then it logically follows that I feel no obligation to take any blame.

This is also the way I treat others. I COULD give some of my black friends a hard time, if I wanted. After all, they gave us Jimi Hendrix and rock and roll. Also B B King, who is GOD! Then they followed it up with disco and hiphop! Still, that would be tribal and I just can't see the logic in that. I only discriminate against those black friends that listen to hiphop. They're still my friends, I just feel very, very sorry for them! ;)

So when I hear racism I just tune it out, like some fundamentalist Christian trying to tell me the world was created in 4004 B.C. or some such illogical drivel.

I WILL debate positives and negatives between various cultures! Culture has little or nothing to do with race, except by happenstance. Raise an Inuit child in Somalia and you'll have just another Somali who looks a bit different from the rest. His culture will be the same, determined by his upbringing.

So again, screw the whole racial pride thing, white, black, yellow or green. It's getting to be a Star Trek world very quickly. Nobody cares about your race when we need someone trained and educated enough to fly a starship. If you don't get the job, it's not gonna be because of your race. It will be because we need someone who spent enough time at school learning science and technology. A degree in the Koran or Christian divinity won't cut it.

Nor will just being white!

I second the Wild one's coments.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=American Woman : Since it was initiated by a Black historian, and promoted by Black civic organizations, it's pretty clear that it has more to do with Blacks than with "white feel-good law at all."

We ratified it in our magnanimous generosity.

Did "we," now? And if "we" hadn't ratified it, what would have been the reason?-- What would that have made "us" then?

I used to think that sending people like American Woman over to Somalia for a year to live among the people there would probably do wonders to change their thinking... But I no longer beleive that...

For some people the implanted politically correct hallucinations are so well embedded that they cannot be broken...

All one has to do is substitute the name Lictor for American woman and "an innercity in North America" or

"reservation" for Somalia and I think the above statement would probably be more valid.

Your attempt to stereotype American Woman as some naive do gooder is a good one.

Your attempt to act holier then thou and act like your neo Nazi agenda is justified and the result of

you having lived in Somalia or because of what may have happened in Somalia is even better.

You have any idea how absurd it is when you try criticize people for not being a neo Nazi like you?

I can assure you if I said something stupid American Woman would tell me to f.. off and not

care what ethnicity I am.

You would know that if you read her posts.

You are quick to label people with stereotypes. From what I can see it is you who choose to embrace

the silly one you now live.

White pride? Right. Define white.

Say now let's start with eliminating Catholics and Jews and native born Muslims born in Albania, Bosnia, Serbia.

Now then-what about albinos? That will get tricky.

How about whites that have darker skin-do we exclude them once they get say the colour of mocha, or the stain in your undies? How dark is dark before its no longer white?

Oh do tell. Will you do a blood test to rule out Jews or Muslims that look white?

How about those light skinned blacks? I can't wait to see the nose and hair texture classification system you use.

White pride.

Who are you fooling. By the time you get finished with the acceptable list for who is in your group

you will be no further ahead then you are now with just your right hand as company.

Guest American Woman
I can assure you if I said something stupid American Woman would tell me to f.. off and not care what ethnicity I am.

You would know that if you read her posts.

Thank you.

And you're right, so you best remember that, mister. ;)

:P

How you or other individuals percieve what I have said? I have no control over.

Good god, you people just pile in with assumptions, it is incredible!

Kimmy has me condenscendingly patting her head, and you have me being "surprised"

You ALL make your own assumptions for all your own reasons, and as I have said, they have nothing to do with me.

One reason is you clearly didn't read what I wrote based on what you wrote above.

So stop attributing imaginary head pats and expressions of surprise, when nothing like that happened.

Goodness Argus even cited "liberalism" for gods sakes.

I think some self-examination on your part, and the part of some others is in line.

For the way you all read a simple story of the wisdom of the little gal.

Ya know that safe about assuming.....

The story tells me you are such a nice guy.