Is this message reasonable? Why not?

lictor616

Ethnic Pride, a universal right?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, you see the clip I showed was very much like a celebration of White history... it wasn't hateful towards other races (in fact it said nothing of other races)... and yet no one here found it acceptable...

Black history is the same ... it forces us to look at the achievements of a particular race and pardon my cynicism ... but do you expect me to believe that you do not think that Black History is source of pride for blacks? The movement's orginal purpose was to give to blacks a sense of racial pride and group achievement:

the official website : http://www.biography.com/blackhistory/blac...story-month.jsp says:

"The Black Power Movement of the 1970s emphasized racial pride and the significance of collective cultural values. This prompted the ASNLH, now called the Association for the Study of African American Life and History, to change Negro History Week to Black History Week. In 1976, they extended the week to a month-long observance."

but since you say that the teaching of history is not necessarily "a manifestation of pride"... would you agree (for the sake of equality) to grant us a White History Month? highlighting mainly the racial achievements of white people (as a group)?

Y'see, here is where you become such a sneak. You can't just come out and say what you mean can you? One would think you would at least have the courage of your convictions. But no, you creep around with insinuation and tell yourself your having a debate. Wich implies you don't have the courage of your convictions for the simplie reason you don't have the conviction.

So, back to your question. Will I agree to grant you a white history month? It is to laugh! I hereby grant you a White History Decade! I'm pretty sure I know what you will do with it - you will cherry-pick the actions of others of your race to claim that you - yes you Lictor - not me or BC2004 or American woman or anyone else - You are a superior human being because by some freak of genetics the talents and skills (both intellectual and physical) of those other white folks have devolved upon you. You will claim to have all the talents of all famous white-folks even though you have done absolutely nothing

Is that not where this is going?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'see, here is where you become such a sneak. You can't just come out and say what you mean can you? One would think you would at least have the courage of your convictions. But no, you creep around with insinuation and tell yourself your having a debate. Wich implies you don't have the courage of your convictions for the simplie reason you don't have the conviction.

So, back to your question. Will I agree to grant you a white history month? It is to laugh! I hereby grant you a White History Decade! I'm pretty sure I know what you will do with it - you will cherry-pick the actions of others of your race to claim that you - yes you Lictor - not me or BC2004 or American woman or anyone else - You are a superior human being because by some freak of genetics the talents and skills (both intellectual and physical) of those other white folks have devolved upon you. You will claim to have all the talents of all famous white-folks even though you have done absolutely nothing

Is that not where this is going?

thank you for that little ad hominem fit... I don't understand where I fit in in this discussion ... last I check we were talking about Racial Pride, if its acceptable ... and then Black Histroy month.... so far as I know it never got switched back to "lets talk about lictor616 the freak of genetics"

perhaps you'd like to re-read my previous question (which was by no means ambiguous and deserved a straightforward response)

Guest American Woman
... would you agree (for the sake of equality) to grant us a White History Month? highlighting mainly the racial achievements of white people (as a group)?

I think "history" for the most part has been predominantly "white history" for some time.

Last time I checked, there was only one race, the human race. But then again I have been called a race traitor coz I was dating a Chinese girl back in college. Funny how some people can't see beyond the shape of another persons eyes or the colour of their skin.

As for the OP Lictor......he's just a tool and not worth many words.

Edited by Sabre Rider

No you don't. It's always white history month! my granting of it or denying it means nothing.

really? I don't think i've ever turned my TV on the have the news anchors tell of "another white history capsule"...

And I've never seen "white" hisotry in Canada celebrated as such... ever! Perhaps you could list a couple of suggestive examples... known political figures speaking highly of our white ancestors say or something of the sort...

or maybe its a silent "celebration"...

or maybe you're just grabbing at straws...

but again... I have to clarify: do you agree with the statement that: "if blacks receive a black history month, whites should have one also"? yes or no?

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=American Woman: I think "history" for the most part has been predominantly "white history" for some time.

all the more reason to celebrate it then ... no?

You're asking for "white history month," and I'm saying we've had years and years of "white history."

really? I don't think i've ever turned my TV on the have the news anchors tell of "another white history capsule"...

And I've never seen "white" hisotry in Canada celebrated as such... ever! Perhaps you could list a couple of suggestive examples... known political figures speaking highly of our white ancestors say or something of the sort...

or maybe its a silent "celebration"...

or maybe you're just grabbing at straws...

but again... I have to clarify: do you agree with the statement that: "if blacks receive a black history month, whites should have one also"? yes or no?

Tell me, is the PM of this country a White male or of some other group? Was Dwight D Eisenhower a white man? How a bout the pope? Hitler? Stalin? Cromwell? Columbus? Churchill? Newton? Einstien? Coulombe? DeGaulle?

No need for TV announcers to point it out...Its always white history month.

Last time I checked, there was only one race, the human race. But then again I have been called a race traitor coz I was dating a Chinese girl back in college. Funny how some people can't see beyond the shape of another persons eyes or the colour of their skin.

As for the OP Lictor......he's just a tool and not worth many words.

awww! they called you race traitor... yeah and let me guess, wicked nazis followed you home throwing rocks at you but you fought them all off one by one right... why do people use personal experiences to strengthen arguments based on observable reality? Do you thinkn we can check that anecdote? then why say it? except of course, to create an illusion of pervasive anti-minority racism which doesn't exist.

oh and to use a comparable wild biological flourish...

"Last time i checked, there was only one race, the genus Felinidae (i.e.: felines), yes the tiger, house cat, meercat, lynx, the Felis bieti, the Pardofelis marmorata.... hey! they're all the same... despite minor differences in fur color"...

another human social construct...

Edited by lictor616

You're asking for "white history month," and I'm saying we've had years and years of "white history."

can you show me (second time I asked to the board) how our history is celebrated as such? Do we celebrate the accomplishments of white people AS SUCH in any reasonably overt way?

I bet you can't bring up a single instance of us celebrating white history in any way resembling Black History month...

Guest American Woman
can you show me (second time I asked to the board) how our history is celebrated as such? Do we celebrate the accomplishments of white people AS SUCH in any reasonably overt way?

I bet you can't bring up a single instance of us celebrating white history in any way resembling Black History month...

I'll try to put it another way. If we'd had years and years of black history, rather than years and years of white history, I'd be all for a White History Month.

Satisfied?

Tell me, is the PM of this country a White male or of some other group? Was Dwight D Eisenhower a white man? How a bout the pope? Hitler? Stalin? Cromwell? Columbus? Churchill? Newton? Einstien? Coulombe? DeGaulle?

No need for TV announcers to point it out...Its always white history month.

the "Queen of Canada" (in a way) Her Excellency The Right Honorable Michaëlle Jean is rather dusky hued and emanates from that most unpleasant of compost heap called Haiti.

Your point? Why do we need to point out to Michaelle Jean, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, lol George Washington Carver (the prolific inventor of starch and peanut butter) as Black History then?

I mean cmon! Don't you see the disconnect there?

I'll try to put it another way. If we'd had years and years of black history, rather than years and years of white history, I'd be all for a White History Month.

Satisfied?

Doubt he will be, racist git that he is. He cannot seem to wrap around his tiny brain the fact that the history that is taught and has been taught in Canadian Schools is almost strictly that of Europe stating in Roman and up to the conquest of the Americas by Europeans. The only time that history of say China, Japan, Africa or the Middle East is touched upon occurs only when it interacts with European or North American history. And forget about First Nations history, only time they are mentioned really is when they came into conflict with the advancing tide of European immigration.

the "Queen of Canada" (in a way) Her Excellency The Right Honorable Michaëlle Jean is rather dusky hued and emanates from that most unpleasant of compost heap called Haiti.

Your point? Why do we need to point out to Michaelle Jean, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, lol George Washington Carver (the prolific inventor of starch and peanut butter) as Black History then?

I mean cmon! Don't you see the disconnect there?

God you are a tool. The Queen of Canada is Elizabeth the Second, not the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean who is the Governor General of Canada, appointed by the sitting Government of Canada and not the Queen, even though she is the Queen's Representative.

Satisfied?

There's a problem still though... white history is not: REPEAT:::: NOT CELEBRATED AS SUCH... actually, one could get himself into BIG trouble for pointing out that History is for all practical purposes a "white thing" because it actually obliterates the theory of racial equality and cultural relativism/multiculturalism, since it shows that white contributions are what history is made of... and that comparatively, whites have done MORE in the world to be remembered.

So its a very sketchy subject...

Blacks (western/sub-Saharan) (previous to white colonialism) had no written history at all before being brought to the White world as slaves. And the history they have acquired since then is a rather inglorious one. Despite all of the assurances of White liberals that they are "equal," its clear they don't really believe it then.... and you don't believe it...

So we are left with this double standard...

God you are a tool. The Queen of Canada is Elizabeth the Second, not the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean who is the Governor General of Canada, appointed by the sitting Government of Canada and not the Queen, even though she is the Queen's Representative.

Yes Elizabeth II is the proper monarch of Canada, but as the G.G. (Michaelle Jean) is literally the "Queen's envoy to Canada" which makes her the highest representative of the royal family IN CANADA.

she is therefore the highest regal symbol in our land... which in the absence of Elizabeth... makes her a queen in her own right...

either way my quote is pretty obvious: i wrote: "the "Queen of Canada" (in a way) "

meaning in a way... she is queen...

you just decided to talk about this to make it seem (most disingenously) as if I didn't understand who's who and what's what and to take another opportunity to call me a "tool"...

model debater you are!

Edited by lictor616

Guest American Woman
The Right Honorable Michaëlle Jean is rather dusky hued and emanates from that most unpleasant of compost heap called Haiti.

If this is a "compost heap," then compost heaps are incredibly beautiful. Who would have known?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever traveled outside of your own little world at all? You should try it some time. You might be pleasantly, and in your case, humbly, surprised. Furthermore, I can guarantee that you'd find yourself a lot happier and a lot more at peace if you lost some of the hatred you harbor. In case you're really aware of it, in the end, you hurt yourself more than you hurt anyone else.

Blacks (western/sub-Saharan) (previous to white colonialism) had no written history at all before being brought to the White world as slaves. And the history they have acquired since then is a rather inglorious one. Despite all of the assurances of White liberals that they are "equal," its clear they don't really believe it then.... and you don't believe it...

The Germans and Celts didn't have written language until the Romans introduced it, and the Romans didn't have it until the Etruscans forced it on them, and the Etruscans didn't have it until they had picked it up from the Greeks, who didn't have until they had picked it up from the Egyptians and the Phoenicians. After that, it gets murky, but the Phoenician system largely owes its roots to the Sumero-Akkadian and Egyptian scripts, and the debate is whether Egyptian writing developed in isolation on its own or whether it too is ultimately descended from the Sumerian logographic system.

In fact, if we review writing systems, this is what we find out. Writing has only been independently developed four times:

1. Sumeria

2. Egypt (probably)

3. China (most likely)

4. Meso-America (this is dicey, may have been reinvented a few times).

In fact, the one thing we can say for sure is that "white" Europeans never independently developed writing. In fact, they didn't develop metallurgy, agriculture, livestock breeding and the development of the key grain crops. The basic technologies and structures of civilization itself were developed in a band of societies stretching from Mesopotomia and the Sea of China.

All concepts are human concepts. We are the only species with the intelligence to come up with "concepts". That doesn't make them any less existent.

Concepts, by their very nature, are intangible. Human beings, of course, possess physical aspects; but only through human conjuring are they used to try and classify. Race is a vague and ill-defined notion; it is far too inadequate to corral into slots the complexities of biological reality.

If this is a "compost heap," then compost heaps are incredibly beautiful. Who would have known?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever traveled outside of your own little world at all? You should try it some time. You might be pleasantly, and in your case, humbly, surprised. Furthermore, I can guarantee that you'd find yourself a lot happier and a lot more at peace if you lost some of the hatred you harbor. In case you're really aware of it, in the end, you hurt yourself more than you hurt anyone else.

I was an exchange student in venezuela for one year through AFS, I lived in Merida and Maracaibo for many months while there... I also saw Bogota for a week in colombia, Brazil (mostly en what is called la Gran Savana) and dabbled in Los Roques, Isla Marguarita, and a 2 week trip to Argentina.

My first trip was with my parents (when I was two).. we went to puerto Rico.

Also, from meeting so many people during my exchange program... I was received in hamburg, Leuven, stayed in portugal for 4 months (Minho, Porto, Braga, Lisbon etc) , Spain (Alicante, Mallorca, Ibiza, Barcelona, Grado).. France etc...

I'm actually rather well traveled for my age. I don't know many canadians who claim to live abroad for a year before 20...

My family is even more "travel crazed"... my mother lived and studied in Tianjin university in china for a year.. she speaks 5 languages (and generally deplores many of my opinions on such issues it must be said)...

but I digress, back to the topic?

you must be an amateur traveler if you rely on travelling agencies to tell you what countries are like... I bet you're the type of person who makes her opinion on other countries based on travel ads and all inclusive americanized resorts where brown faces bring you rum and cokes with little umbrellas on them...

Real haiti: is more like this::: http://www.jansochor.com/photo-essay/hunge...um-haiti-05.jpg

and this (must read) http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...sa%3DG%26um%3D1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CoGakO2yoxk/SXwR.../s400/haiti.jpg

and if your not immune to reality: Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere with 80% of the population living under the poverty line and 54% in abject poverty.

Concepts, by their very nature, are intangible. Human beings, of course, possess physical aspects; but only through human conjuring are they used to try and classify. Race is a vague and ill-defined notion; it is far too inadequate to corral into slots the complexities of biological reality.

utterly false, race is very easily ascertainable even to untrained human eyes... you knwo exactly what race Wesley Snipes is... it is very much tangible... Race, like the spots on a leopard, are clear and unmistakable with a very high probability.

Race is imperfect ONLY because it is "too broad" and encompasses large and varied phenotypical groups... just as there are many varieties of TIGERS, doesn't mean that the differences between tigers are intagible... More then ever is race "real"... today we have drugs like BiDil which are RACE-SPECIFIC drugs... We can take a genome test and detect with a HIGH percentage of accuracy, where our ancestor s come from... (Mohamed ali did it... and traced part his ancestors back to Ireland... where he went and visited recently...)

Only people who are ignorant of modern biology can say such hopelessly false statements such as "races are figments of the human imagination"...

Races aren't even specifically human! Even two closely related races of dogs will detect and know they are different. Intra specie "genocide" occurs very often in the animal world as well...

anyways