Money-Driven Medicine

What do you mean, "could be"? Whats that got to do with this thread anyway?

I'm sure we both know what a tangled rats nest politics is. There are deals that have to be made, concessions, compromising our values for the "greater good", as defined by someone else.

Is it wrong to distrust government? I look at it this way- when someone is in a position of authority, when they have access to secrets, and the keeping of secrets, and control the money... thats a recipe for corruption if there ever was one. And if you don't play along with the team, you'll be quickly eliminated. An honest person cannot even survive among them. An honest person, could never even make it into that level of government. Why? Because they would be politically killed off, in the constant power struggle that always exists in these places. In politics, ruthless ambition is the road to success. Underhandedness and deceitful manipulations are totally commonplace. These are the facts of life son...

bandelot, it is only a tangled rats nest when the side you oppose is in power.

Not you specifically,

But, as an example for Pliny. It's a tangled rats nest because Obama is in, when Bush was in, it was all hunkydory. :rolleyes:

What a laugh!

Now for the Obama followers, it is all good....

Yet, it is all the same, it is always the same, I was listening to an interview and the man, James Petrus, was calling Obama, the third term of the Bush administration.

Why? Because despite the sale pitch of change, there has been none!

But according to those that ally themselves with the "right" OMG! It is some huge change.

Hence the saying, the more things change, the more they stay the same!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean, "could be"? Whats that got to do with this thread anyway?

I'm sure we both know what a tangled rats nest politics is. There are deals that have to be made, concessions, compromising our values for the "greater good", as defined by someone else.

Is it wrong to distrust government? I look at it this way- when someone is in a position of authority, when they have access to secrets, and the keeping of secrets, and control the money... thats a recipe for corruption if there ever was one. And if you don't play along with the team, you'll be quickly eliminated. An honest person cannot even survive among them. An honest person, could never even make it into that level of government. Why? Because they would be politically killed off, in the constant power struggle that always exists in these places. In politics, ruthless ambition is the road to success. Underhandedness and deceitful manipulations are totally commonplace. These are the facts of life son...

You outline precisely why government should be limited and small. It seems most of your arguments are for bigger government? You know, build roads and hospitals, help the poor, educate our youth, level the playing field, redistribute the wealth, send peace keeping missions to foreign lands, bailout failing corporations, stimulate the economy, safeguard the nations currency, make sure Quebec is happy, keep Natives on the Reservations, ensure criminals have rights,.....all the while selling our sovereignty to global interests and even bigger government.

bandelot, it is only a tangled rats nest when the side you oppose is in power.

Not you specifically,

But, as an example for Pliny. It's a tangled rats nest because Obama is in, when Bush was in, it was all hunkydory. :rolleyes:

What a laugh!

Now for the Obama followers, it is all good....

Yet, it is all the same, it is always the same, I was listening to an interview and the man, James Petrus, was calling Obama, the third term of the Bush administration.

Why? Because despite the sale pitch of change, there has been none!

But according to those that ally themselves with the "right" OMG! It is some huge change.

Hence the saying, the more things change, the more they stay the same!

Sorry, I was not much of a Bush fan. He was not a great President. The options - Gore and Kerry, were worse. I want smaller government George didn't deliver but he did keep America safe in unstable times.