Swine Flu

I was wondering how many on here is going to get the swine flu shot and the regular flu shot this fall? I've one had one regular flu shot and I didn't feel well after that so for the last five years I haven't and I haven't been sick. I boost my immune system every early fall and try to stay away from crowds in the flu season, so I won't be getting the swine flu shot and I heard 45% of Canadians aren't either. I found this article about the swine flu shot and it makes one think about getting. http://www.infowars.com/fuzzy-math-why-swi...es-dont-add-up/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance in hell.

First and last time I had a flu shot I got pneumonia. Doctor said I was 'depressed', not sick from the shot, so I was sick for 6 months before I got proper treatment. They absolutely refuse to believe that those things make people sick, but they do.

Is it a conspiracy to reduce the population of the earth?

I'm really not sure, but I'm not taking any more chances.

You two obviously are not nurses or you would be getting the shots. It is mandatory for them to get flu shots. Do you think they should make it mandatory for everyone to get shots? Is it child neglect to not have your children get shots?

Anyway, I, like yourselves, will not be getting any flu shots of any type. I do not understand how they can prepare for a strain of flu that they have yet to determine is going to be prevalent at the flu season. Swine flu, H1N5, and known strains will also morph over time. I have also not seen an improvement in the number of annual flu related deaths outside of what seem to be just normal fluctuations.

I think this is a first. We agree on something.

I don't mix with Mexicans so I have little chance to catch said swine flu. Just as I don't mix with orientals and I didn't catch SARS. Nor do I live in a city and use a crammed bus like some third world country people or like animals with people breathing all over me, disgusting. I drive an auto like a human being.

I imagine the mass vaccination of populations will likely contribute to the evolution of more vaccine resistant pathogens in the future, the same way the widespread use of antibiotics are driving the evolution of resistant strains of bacteria.

Of course if you believe evolution is just bunch of hooey, then I suppose there's no problem.

I don't mix with Mexicans so I have little chance to catch said swine flu. Just as I don't mix with orientals and I didn't catch SARS. Nor do I live in a city and use a crammed bus like some third world country people or like animals with people breathing all over me, disgusting. I drive an auto like a human being.

disgusting

Yes, it really is which is why I live where I do. I don't need to be surrounded by parasites and germs. City people have worse health and weaker immune systems.

Evidence? Link? Generally exposure helps build immunity, so I think you are out to lunch on that.

Do you live a hermit's life out of fear of germs?

I can understand your fear of people, though, considering your disgusting racist attitudes.

Why is it that you prefer the Red Ensign again?

Well I certainly do believe it. I was sick all the time before I got them shots. I have M.S. so my immune system isn't great to begin with. But since taking the shots I haven't had the flu. That's enough evidence for me.

My wife works for the City Health Dept. All city employees HAVE to get a flu shot! It's that or lose their job.

So we go as a family and all get hit up at once. This has been going on for a few years now. During that time I have never once gotten the flu. Before that, I always had one bout for a week or two every winter.

So I don't have a problem with it. Being a techie, I never really thought I would. I have some understanding of how the vaccine works and it makes sense. The only drawback is that it's a crapshoot if the medicos pick the right strains of flu for their shots. They might miss the one that actually comes along that winter, six months after they started making the vaccine.

Still, that's just my own personal experience. My family as well, I guess. As for the other claims of negative things happening, I don't see enough evidence to say one way or another. One person's experience of a one time event doesn't prove anything. As any techie would say, you can't plot a curve with only one data point. It could easily be just coincidence.

Others can do what they want. I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm not accepting that they're right, either.

Me, I'm gonna keep getting the shots!

Edited by Wild Bill

Just wow. I'd stay away from you or I might catch a case of the bigots. There is no known cure for that it seems.

I have not had a flu shot in over 20 years. I won't get a flu shot either. I am pretty healthy and have not had any major health issues. I guess I am just lucky to have a good immune system. I don't get colds that often, and I can't recall the last time I threw up because of the flu (usually it is from too much alcohol !!!)

Bonam

Flu shots are a terrible idea, the flu itself may have you sick and feeling bad for a week, but the shots have much higher risks.

There is the possible allergic reaction to the shot, and you won't know that untill you get it.

The only way for your immune system to improve is to get sick once in a while and stay away from medication as much as possible. When you get sick, your body kicks in and does it's best to cure itself. Of course there are things where you should be going to a doctor for, but if you get the sniffles, do you really need to see a doctor every time you get a cold?

We can also get into nutrition. North American eats are not all that good for you. And that will not help your health or your immune system. Eating the right foods and a good amount of it, will help prevent these kinds of problems in the future.

Now that is not to say that all shots are bad. Vaccinations against stuff like polio, smallpox and the like, when you are a child, is definatly a good idea, simply because the human immune system does not have a way to combat the illness.

Scorpio

Well I certainly do believe it. I was sick all the time before I got them shots. I have M.S. so my immune system isn't great to begin with. But since taking the shots I haven't had the flu. That's enough evidence for me.

You raise a good point. MS does take a huge toll on your body and your immune system. So people like you would definately benefit from the flu shot. Simply because your immune system is already in a degraded state. With the greater chance of you getting the flu, you also have a greater chance of srpeading it.

I'm sure the Mexicans and Orientals and city folk and bus riders and animals are thankful. I'm not sure about the auto manufacturers.

I mix with Mexicans and didn't get swine flu and I mix with Orientals and I didn't catch SARS, and I live in a city.

I don't use a crammed bus though. I drive an auto.

Bonam

There is the possible allergic reaction to the shot, and you won't know that untill you get it.

The only way for your immune system to improve is to get sick once in a while and stay away from medication as much as possible. When you get sick, your body kicks in and does it's best to cure itself. Of course there are things where you should be going to a doctor for, but if you get the sniffles, do you really need to see a doctor every time you get a cold?

We can also get into nutrition. North American eats are not all that good for you. And that will not help your health or your immune system. Eating the right foods and a good amount of it, will help prevent these kinds of problems in the future.

Now that is not to say that all shots are bad. Vaccinations against stuff like polio, smallpox and the like, when you are a child, is definatly a good idea, simply because the human immune system does not have a way to combat the illness.

Yep pretty much what I was getting at, just didn't feel like writing it all out when I last posted. Vaccines are of course great against diseases that pose significant risk of fatality or serious complications. But flu? People get flu all the time, feel down for a few days or a week max and then get better, it's hardly more serious than a cold. Only very rarely are there serious complications, and those are usually due to a pre-existing condition or other circumstances. Such things are not worth getting a shot for (unless as one poster mentioned above they have another medical condition that changes the situation). Personally I wouldn't get one even if there was no risk of allergic reactions, I'd rather just fight off an illness here and there than coming in all the time and getting stabbed with needles.

I don't use a crammed bus though. I drive an auto.

Also a good point. I used to catch colds and flues more often when I still took the bus. Public transit has got to be one of the most disgusting cesspools of disease in existence. And yet our politicians constantly try to push everyone onto it...

Edited by Bonam

Such things are not worth getting a shot for (unless as one poster mentioned above they have another medical condition that changes the situation). Personally I wouldn't get one even if there was no risk of allergic reactions, I'd rather just fight off an illness here and there than coming in all the time and getting stabbed with needles.

Hospital workers have to get one for obvious reasons. Teachers might too, I'm not sure about that. But the main idea is if you get sick then, stay the hell home especially if you work or are around a lot of folks. Common sense people.

Hospital workers have to get one for obvious reasons. Teachers might too, I'm not sure about that. But the main idea is if you get sick then, stay the hell home especially if you work or are around a lot of folks. Common sense people.

You know as well as I do, that common sense ...................................... ain't so common anymore. :D

You can take your 35 million dozes of useless half baked flu and stick it up your ass - the only persons that are going to benefit though this crap that is already obsoltete are the producers of this vacine - Looks like some company made a few billion bucks - for creating bad carrot juice.. :lol: Should have an enquiry and find out who hands over these lucrative contracts to big pharma - once the winter has passed and not one gets this damned pig flu --would be nice to see some heads roll - first the terrorism industry -now the plaugue industry..give me a break.. :lol:

• 1 month later...

No way I would put their noxious potions in my body. I like the excuses they come up with for the lack of complete testing, "we need to rush this to the market before the epidemic", etc. I'm sure the big Pharma and their benefactors are just salivating at the trough. Maybe they've had a shot too many, but I'm not getting it.

I've worked in health care for over 22 years, seen these hysterias come and go. I remember one large and overbearing nurse offering flu shots in the hospital basement, rage at me that I didn't want to take the juice. "They ought to not give people their paychecks unless they get the shot!" She hollered. What a nazi, I thought, and walked away. Thank goodness we're not there yet, although some political forces are working on it. Particularly the angle that parents should not be allowed to deny their children from getting a flu shot. If that happens, all our children might as well become wards of the state.

Surprisingly, for all the rhetoric we hear about smaller government and less control coming from the Neocons, it is THEY who advocate these kind of ideas the most.

There is some evidence that flu shots don't do any good at all.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200911/brownlee-h1n1/2

"In 2004, for example, vaccine production fell behind, causing a 40 percent drop in immunization rates. Yet mortality did not rise. In addition, vaccine “mismatches” occurred in 1968 and 1997: in both years, the vaccine that had been produced in the summer protected against one set of viruses, but come winter, a different set was circulating. In effect, nobody was vaccinated. Yet death rates from all causes, including flu and the various illnesses it can exacerbate, did not budge. Sumit Majumdar, a physician and researcher at the University of Alberta, in Canada, offers another historical observation: rising rates of vaccination of the elderly over the past two decades have not coincided with a lower overall mortality rate. In 1989, only 15 percent of people over age 65 in the U.S. and Canada were vaccinated against flu. Today, more than 65 percent are immunized. Yet death rates among the elderly during flu season have increased rather than decreased.

Stick that in your arm.

Edited by Sir Bandelot