"Teaching Holocaust is a war Crime"

Mr.Canada

A Hamas spiritual leader on Monday called teaching Palestinian children about the Nazi murder of 6 million Jews a "war crime," rejecting a suggestion that the U.N. might include the Holocaust in Gaza's school curriculum.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...dJzlbAD9AE1OM04

....."the Holocaust teaching would be "marketing a lie and spreading it."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,545043,00.html

I find this to be completely outrageous and I would hope that the UN in all of its wisdom will put an end to this through sanctions or whatever means they have at their disposal.

We cannot and should not as a society put up with this type of negative attention to an atrocity. We must always remember what can happen when an ideologue gains power through populist means no matter what time we currently live in.

Disgusting.

The Arabs as a group have never 'believed' in the Holocaust...even though their original leader participated in The Final Solution with an enthusiasm that surprised even the SS. Yasser...his nephew...merely took over the cause when the Mufti 'retired'.

But what do you expect? The various terrorist groups including Fatah use the ol' Nazi salute and Mein Kampf is a bestseller.

Can you show me a place other than the Palestinian Authority, Turkey etc, where it is an actual top ten bestseller? What's it's position in Canada...top 10,000? Top 100,000?

I am required to show what you didn't? You googled "Mein kampf arabic" and - surprise surprise - got a bunch of images in arabic re Mein Kampf.

I googled "Mein kampf english" and surprise surprise got a bunch of images in english re mein kampf.

If you can show evidence of mein kampf being a best-seller in palestine - turkey etc, then do so.

I am required to show what you didn't? You googled "Mein kampf arabic" and - surprise surprise - got a bunch of images in arabic re Mein Kampf.

I googled "Mein kampf english" and surprise surprise got a bunch of images in english re mein kampf.

If you can show evidence of mein kampf being a best-seller in palestine - turkey etc, then do so.

I thought a clever fellow like you would have remembered such news...but apparently not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/138...-in-Arabic.html

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/15...eller_in_Turkey

Meanwhile...any sign of Mein Kampf enjoying such a renaissance elsewhere?

I thought a clever fellow like you would have remembered such news...but apparently not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/138...-in-Arabic.html

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/15...eller_in_Turkey

Meanwhile...any sign of Mein Kampf enjoying such a renaissance elsewhere?

See? Its easy-peasy.

and ya...sellin like hotcakes according to this Oh lookie! Not a reference to Ice-cream cones!

I think it's quite insensitive to insist on teaching the holocaust in Gaza right now - ie, after so many people died from Israeli fury.

It's obviously a political ploy since it's not taught in the west bank.

Really tacky ... in bad taste ... and using children for political purposes. yucky.

I think it's quite insensitive to insist on teaching the holocaust in Gaza right now - ie, after so many people died from Israeli fury.

Really tacky ... in bad taste ... and using children for political purposes. yucky.

Insensitive? That is not what teaching history is about. You either teach what is true, or you teach propaganda. Predictably, Hamas chooses the latter.

That's my opinion. It's an attempt to disrupt the peace process.

Why use kids? sick

Because kids that are fed lies instead of being taught the truth will grow up to be even more ignorant and savage than their fathers.

As for the peace process, what peace can there be that is based on lies?

Because kids that are fed lies instead of being taught the truth will grow up to be even more ignorant and savage than their fathers.

As for the peace process, what peace can there be that is based on lies?

It's a silly time to make an issue of this, imo.

It's about politics, not education.

How many Palestinians have been killed and driven out by Israelis since 1948?

Can you see how they might not be receptive?

How many Palestinians have been killed and driven out by Israelis since 1948?

Can you see how they might not be receptive?

Having a grievance against someone and being engaged in a conflict is no reason to forsake truth or history. They can hate the Israelis all they want, but learning a false version of events will help them neither in peace nor in war.

Did the Holocaust actually happen, tango?

Did the Holocaust actually happen, tango?

Yes it did, and we all swore "never again" ... except the Israelis, apparently.

And ... how many Palestinians have been killed and displaced by Israelis since 1948?

Can you not see why their concern might be more for their own immediate safety from Israel?

I just think it is insensitive and counter productive to force this issue at this time.

They are not likely to see Israelis as 'victims'.

I predict the lessons will not go well.

It will only, as it is already, disrupt the peace process.

And of course, that likely is the purpose - if Israel has no intention of allowing Gaza to live in peace.

It needs to be taught to all children, everywhere on this planet to ensure that it never happens again. I don't really see how one can look upon the almost complete annihilation of an entire race as tacky.

The troubles between the Arabs and Jews have been going on almost forever and will never end no matter what happens. It's racism that's passed down from generation to generation on both sides.

Yes it did, and we all swore "never again" ... except the Israelis, apparently.

You swore 'never again'? I find that hard to believe.

And ... how many Palestinians have been killed and displaced by Israelis since 1948?

Couldn't tell you...but one thing I do know: before 1967, these 'Palestinians' were Egyptians and Jordanians.

Can you not see why their concern might be more for their own immediate safety from Israel?

Nope...but I'd be worried if Hamas sets up shop in the 'school' across the street.

I just think it is insensitive and counter productive to force this issue at this time.

They are not likely to see Israelis as 'victims'.

I predict the lessons will not go well.

So keep teaching a lie? Good plan.

It will only, as it is already, disrupt the peace process.

Terrorists have disrupted the peace plan...whatever that is.

And of course, that likely is the purpose - if Israel has no intention of allowing Gaza to live in peace.

With all those nasty Jewish settlers in Gaza...I can see you have a point...lol.

:lol:

See? Its easy-peasy.

and ya...sellin like hotcakes according to this Oh lookie! Not a reference to Ice-cream cones!

Why am I not surprised that a poster so zealous in condemning fascism and nazism (mind you, who thinks that means anyone who votes Tory) shrugs carelessly when brown people are shown to be fans of Adolph Hitler and his final solution?

Yesterday in Birmingham, there were Muslim riots against an anti-Islamification protest. The usual violence followed. The Muslim 'spiritual leader' (or ONE of them) for the area blamed everything but the Muslims for these riots. The internet being the main culprit..he claims. Muslims in Britian see that Israel has nuclear weapons while 'they' don't and they see the 'injustice'. Thus the riots.

Eh?? I want my Atom Bomb, too...should I riot?

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2421427n

Peter F is a bit like this...blame everything else except the frickin' obvious.

:lol:

Edited by DogOnPorch

Why am I not surprised that a poster so zealous in condemning fascism and nazism (mind you, who thinks that means anyone who votes Tory) shrugs carelessly when brown people are shown to be fans of Adolph Hitler and his final solution?

so zealous in condemnations of facism and nazism? Really? and my posts that lead you to that conclusion are?

and I don't shrug 'carelessly'. I've read Mein Kampf too. That doesn't make me a jewkillingNazi....or maybe it does?