Bullys Cowards And Wanna Be Heros..Mike and Bike.

Oleg Bach

:lol:

You were making a joke weren't you? The police are not going to do anything about a bent bike. Couriers have learned to get the money up front. It's a common problem for them, and a common solution to demand the money. Bryant would know that.

Since when do we support taking the law into ones' own hands?

It never was going slow. Bryant floored it and his tires were squealing all the way across Bloor, with the guy hanging on, shoes making sparks on the pavement.

The article said that Sheppard caught up to the car ON FOOT.

I'll bet he's wishing today that he had just taken a punch instead, and given the guy the money for a new wheel. <_<

Conceding that Sheppard probably had violent intention is the first candid comment you've made here IMO.

People here are arguing that Bryant was wrong for attempting to escape a physical altercation with a younger, stronger, drunk, violent man.

-k

Since when do we support taking the law into ones' own hands?

The article said that Sheppard caught up to the car ON FOOT.

Conceding that Sheppard probably had violent intention is the first candid comment you've made here IMO.

People here are arguing that Bryant was wrong for attempting to escape a physical altercation with a younger, stronger, drunk, violent man.

-k

I'm not conceding it, and I don't believe he did. NONE of the witnesses said Sheppard tried to hit Bryant. They clearly identified Bryant as the one yelling angrily. I'm saying the obvious, that Bryant would have been better off to take his chances, if that's what he was so darned panicked about. There were people all over the place. One punch would have been a much better outcome, and I hope Bryant is realizing that now.

I doubt that even was Sheppard's intent, though: I think he just wanted Bryant to pay for the damage he did to the bike. Hitting him wouldn't accomplish that.

I'm not conceding it, and I don't believe he did. NONE of the witnesses said Sheppard tried to hit Bryant. They clearly identified Bryant as the one yelling angrily.

Sheppard is identified as being angry enough to be swinging his bike-lock as a weapon.

Cite: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/michae...e1274909/#video

Speaking of cites, do you have any citation for the claim that Sheppard's bike had been damaged? I don't recall actually reading that, but I may have missed it. Feel free to inform me, if you can.

I'm saying the obvious, that Bryant would have been better off to take his chances, if that's what he was so darned panicked about. There were people all over the place. One punch would have been a much better outcome, and I hope Bryant is realizing that now.

"one punch"... have you ever been in a fight? Do you realize how often people are seriously and permanently injured in fights?

Since Sheppard is reported to have been swinging his bike-lock as a weapon, it doesn't seem likely that Bryant would have gotten away with just "one punch" either. Ever been hit by a bike lock? I haven't, but I suspect they're pretty effective weapons.

I doubt that even was Sheppard's intent, though: I think he just wanted Bryant to pay for the damage he did to the bike. Hitting him wouldn't accomplish that.

You'd have us believe that Sheppard was behaving in a calm and rational manner. Despite the fact that...

-police had already been called to take him away from his girlfriend's residence earlier that evening.

-his own friends say he was so drunk that they can't believe the police didn't drive him to his home.

-he's reported to have been striking Bryant's car with his bike-lock.

-he chased a moving vehicle and grabbed onto it.

None of this gives any reason to suspect that he was calm or rational at the point Bryant decided to flee the confrontation. Exactly the opposite.

Oh yeah... when Edmonton police issued a warrant for Sheppard's arrest in 2003, they warned the public that he had a history of violence.

And by the way, let's have another look at this little bit, from an article that you provided earlier:

Earlier eyewitness accounts describe an angry clash between Mr. Bryant and Mr. Sheppard – a toot of the horn and a shout to get moving from Mr. Bryant; a refusal and perhaps an answering shout from Mr. Sheppard; Mr. Bryant edging his convertible closer, and by one account, actually hitting Mr. Sheppard's bike, whereupon Mr. Sheppard allegedly left his bike and marched over and reached into the offending open car.

...so, why was Sheppard obstructing the roadway in the first place?

-k

Sounds like you have two volatile people acting like children. Unfortuately the result wasn't childlike.

You have one drunken maniac who probably has his frontal lobe frozen by cocaine on occassion - leaving him agressive and souless - then you have Byant - who is addicted to power and control - who loses control also...Frankly I still think that this Bryant character - really does not have much of a character - In the time he controled the courts - crimminal, family and litigative - he allowed corruption - When he was in charge - they screwed my brother by covering up - by refusing to disclose a single endorsement because our own laywer had colluded and betrayed us - the judges knew. The lawyers knew and Bryant knew - and he allowed them to screw us right up to the Supreme Court and beyound - There should have been a settlement...a just and proper one....

But no - My brother looses his home and hard earned wealth - I get burned out after 5 solid years beating my head against a lieing bunch of conspiring bastards and end up on f**king welfare! Having lost all faith in our system and institutions - Bryant is the king of cowards - and as I said - there is justice - and now it's his turn to feel the heat and watch his own future desolve - He will never recover...as I never recovered nor did my brother - thank God justice does come - and that little weasil showed his colours in public - that he refused to hit the brakes like a man - and stand and fight...as I stood and fought his creepy insidious judical system - finally vengence is mine...ha ha ha :lol:

• 9 months later...

The facts are in... and confirm my take on this story: the "victim" was a rageaholic with a history of violence and of trying to provoke fights with motorists.

Charges against Bryant have been withdrawn:

“Mr. Bryant was confronted by a man who, unfortunately, was in a rage,” Peck told reporters outside court. “In such circumstances, he was legally justified in trying to get away. The case could not be proved.”

Sheppard, a 33-year-old bike courier, may have been a sweet guy, as described by friends, with a humorous disposition. Yet he was also a profoundly violent alcoholic with a criminal record that included two assaults and threatening to kill a cab driver while armed with imitation firearms. Most germane to this case, Sheppard had been involved in six earlier duplicate incidents — four occurring last August — including one in which an elderly woman described him as a “mad man” and another earlier that night.

Here's some photos of Sheppard confronting another motorist just 3 weeks before his attack on Bryant ended in his own demise.

-k

The former high ranking court clerk is known for his uncontrolled raging temper...he lets the temper swell because he is used to the artifical protection of his system...but on the street the guy was a coward - If Mike is such a tough guy he should have stopped and fought if neccesary..but he used the car as a weapon and did the classic feed the legal machine line "I feared for my life" -

But he got off the charge on the grounds that it is okay to kill losers with a history of being bad.

The whole premise of his defense was centered around the character of the bike rider. Little or no attention was focused on what Bryant actually did - all attention was focused on what the bike courier did - IN THE PAST..that he had frightened a little old lady - that he drank - that he was an irritating individual..The disease was convicted and by doing so all blame shifted away from Mike - to the guy on the bike.. The way the judical system works is on the principle of human worth - that if you kill a high ranking executive - you will serve the full 26 years without parol - if you kill what was displayed as a useless social irritation that some people were frightened of - you get little or no time - the biker was shown to be an unhappy worthless human being who MIKE did a favor for by putting him out of his misery..

Bryants career will never recover - even those that let him off hold the little weasil in contempt..personally.

Neither Michael Bryant nor anyone else is obliged to fight with a raging psycho just because a raging psycho wants to fight with them.

Darcy Allan Sheppard was killed by Darcy Allan Sheppard.

-k