Bullys Cowards And Wanna Be Heros..Mike and Bike.

Oleg Bach

Well this looks like the end of McGinty - Miller - and that former - you know the - that guy in the convertable that was so raged and entitled - that he alledgedly scrapped a bike rider off the side of his very nice convertable like a rat clinging to his boat.

Already they are spinning a story..That the biker "hit the ground hard" - The initial report was that the biker he hit a mail box or a tree hard - a virtical object not a ground like horizontal one.. And who was that "woman" who he alledgedly instructed to get lost and leave the scene....what is bothering me the most is that media are deviating from the first eye witness reports that stated Mike - was Bruce Willising along Bloor Street on the wrong side of the roads - with the to be corpse attatched to the side of the vehicle - If the biker was attempting to take control of the car by grabbing the wheel - then I can see Mike's dilema...Video footage will show what happened - BUT - you hit the brakes - the cyclist does not control your feet! Boy what a mess this is going to be ---- all I can say is - I pity anyone that went through the court system when he influenced it - it might be a case of what goes around comes around.

Boy is media and the cops spinning it...as I sit here - they are attempting to make it look like Mike was not mad. :lol: Looks like Mike "alledgedly" got all manly and tough - typical ----liberal - sweet and girly - but not man enough to handle someone in a common fist fight - I feel sorry for Mike - and more so for the dead man...this might reveal the violent liberal mind to all...this is creepy and I think I will just stop now...good luck to all - the bastards might need it - alledgedly..Glee on my part? No - This is very very sad and embarassing to all - and most of all to the family of the 33 year old man - that now lies cold...

I assume this is what Oleg is blathering about:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/689220

Personally, if some maniac attached himself to my car while I was driving, I would assume the person was crazy and that I was under attack. Someone who'd grab onto a moving car is by definition a maniac, and who could imagine what his motivation what his motivation might be?

I'm not sure how I'd react in such a situation.

-k

I assume this is what Oleg is blathering about:

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/689220

Personally, if some maniac attached himself to my car while I was driving, I would assume the person was crazy and that I was under attack. Someone who'd grab onto a moving car is by definition a maniac, and who could imagine what his motivation what his motivation might be?

I'm not sure how I'd react in such a situation.

-k

What? "blathering" ? During his time as attorney general he and his pushy social engineers - stuck man woman and child in their controling ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES....inflicted on anyone that was assertive in any manner - "anger" was a small part of it - You would assume that this former attorney general - would have taken one himself - and did the authorities during processing of this guy - do an alcohol and perhaps a cocaine testing on this Rambo...

Someone that would cross the street into oncoming traffic and mount the curb - and continue to race forward in what was clearly a rage ---IS the maniac! I mentioned that they would start to spin this thing...and you would not believe the pitiful supporters going on and on protecting this "pubic figure" Let me make this thing clear - there are no conservatives in existance in Canada - we have neo-con con men - who pretend to carry the banner of conservartism -- The federal liberal party is CONSERVATIVE - and the NDP are the new liberals -these other people are simply savages who may as well scream - "do you know who I am - I own this city - now get off my car before I kill your ass" Shame shame - the neo-con con artists are finally falling - and it can not be stopped. :lol:

Time to clean up the courts and Toronto ...If this person is capable of such actions imagine what his tacit policy must have been - and now like a rape victim - they blame the dead guy...this really stinks - and the fact that the socio path extended his sympathy to the dead man's relatives is bizarre!

As I write they are doing a character assasination on the bike rider - spin spin spin spin ----what's he going to say in court - the same thing that they have taught woman to say in the domestic familiar courts ----" I was fearing for my life" BINGO - arrest facilitated.....this is going to be insidious.

Okay now to soften my resentment - speaking to my daughter who has assisted in hosting certain parties - she mentioned that Mike Bryant is actually a very nice man - does not drink - and is a gentleman - but of course this daughter is the product of liberalism as we know it...what I do see here is fear - sure Mr. Bryant was affraid - he is you classic liberal girly man..not his fault and he was most definitely terrified of a non-nuteured male - so - he ran like a rabbit and someone died BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE MEN LIKE THEY USED TO....I guess that's my point...coward!

Spin? I don't know or care enough about Michael Bryant to attempt to do any spin on his behalf. I don't care about the Ontario Liberals either. My only bias is that of a sane person who sometimes has to deal with crazy people.

Someone attempting to gain entry to an occupied vehicle without the occupant's permission is an attacker.

Someone attempting to gain entry to a moving vehicle is a maniac.

Those are are obvious truths, Oleg, obvious to anybody except perhaps yourself, at least.

And on Planet Oleg, it is apparently "spin" and "character assassination" for reporters to note that the attacker was drunk and had already engaged the police in a confrontation earlier that evening.

If you do stupid, reckless, dangerous things, you may wind up dead. Attempting to hang onto a moving vehicle is an insanely foolish risk, and Mr Sheppard paid with his life.

Had I been in Mr Bryant's situation, I probably would not have stopped either. If some maniac wanted to attack me badly enough to cling to my car while I am driving away, I would certainly not stop and give him the opportunity to do so. The only way I'd have stopped is if I had a can of bear spray in my glove compartment.

-k

Guest TrueMetis
Spin? I don't know or care enough about Michael Bryant to attempt to do any spin on his behalf. I don't care about the Ontario Liberals either. My only bias is that of a sane person who sometimes has to deal with crazy people.

Someone attempting to gain entry to an occupied vehicle without the occupant's permission is an attacker.

Someone attempting to gain entry to a moving vehicle is a maniac.

Those are are obvious truths, Oleg, obvious to anybody except perhaps yourself, at least.

And on Planet Oleg, it is apparently "spin" and "character assassination" for reporters to note that the attacker was drunk and had already engaged the police in a confrontation earlier that evening.

If you do stupid, reckless, dangerous things, you may wind up dead. Attempting to hang onto a moving vehicle is an insanely foolish risk, and Mr Sheppard paid with his life.

Had I been in Mr Bryant's situation, I probably would not have stopped either. If some maniac wanted to attack me badly enough to cling to my car while I am driving away, I would certainly not stop and give him the opportunity to do so. The only way I'd have stopped is if I had a can of bear spray in my glove compartment.

-k

It doesn't say the "attacker" was drunk anywere it does say however

Witnesses on Bloor St. last night described a heated confrontation between the driver of a black Saab convertible and a cyclist that began near Bloor and Bay Sts. at about 9:45 p.m.

Police Sgt. Tim Burrows said that after a minor collision, the cyclist grabbed hold of the car, which drove west on Bloor toward Avenue Rd.

Witnesses said the cyclist clung to the driver's side of the car, which had its top down, while the driver yelled at him to get off.

I don't know about you but if a guy was hanging onto my car I would stop the car

Not to mention the dozen or so reasons the biker could have grab the car other than "attacking". Hell it doesn't even say the guy was trying to enter the car.

Edited by TrueMetis

The cyclist killed in an altercation with former Ontario attorney-general Michael Bryant had been drinking and was involved in a confrontation with police earlier in the evening.

Darcy Allan Sheppard was investigated but released without charges Monday night after a former girlfriend called Toronto police, The Globe and Mail has confirmed.

Even if it turns out that the man attempted to choke Mr. Bryant, as some witness accounts suggest, and that Mr. Bryant called 911, – and this is the most benign scenario the former politician can hope for.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nation...article1272593/

This is one of those stories where it would be best if everyone let the judicial process do what it is supposed to do.

Edited by Riverwind

The cyclist killed in an altercation with former Ontario attorney-general Michael Bryant had been drinking and was involved in a confrontation with police earlier in the evening.

Easily found on Globe And Mail.

I don't know about you but if a guy was hanging onto my car I would stop the car

why? So he could kick your ass?

Why is the onus on Bryant here? He's trying to escape a violent confrontation. I don't think you can blame Bryant for trying to escape from an altercation with a younger, stronger, drunk, violent man.

By the way, if a car I was hanging onto started driving away, I would let go of the f--ing car.

Not to mention the dozen or so reasons the biker could have grab the car other than "attacking". Hell it doesn't even say the guy was trying to enter the car.
You think there might be any number of reasonable explanations why he might have been clinging to the car as it started to drive away? Please, name some of them!

-k

Edited by kimmy

I agree.

Everybody here has already made his assumptions and judgments. I wonder how many has ever ridden a bicycle in traffic and received the door prize or collided with a car pulling out of its parking space. If the latter, the cyclist may have grabbed the car to keep his balance instead of getting knocked down. Oh, sure, you're going to criticize this explanation, but my guess is as good as anybody else's who some have already guessed the cyclist was a mad man.

The end of Miller? That's jumping to conclusions. I think this would empower his efforts to establish serious bicycle lanes in Toronto, unless Councillor Denzil Minnan-Whiner cooks up another wedge issue. It's a war on bicycles. We have our first death in this war and Denzil doesn't even know how to ride a bike!!!

Guest TrueMetis
You think there might be any number of reasonable explanations why he might have been clinging to the car as it started to drive away? Please, name some of them!

-k

He could have grabbed the car to pull himself up.

He could have grabbed the car to lean over and say something to the guy.

He could have grabbed the car for no reason what-so-ever except he was yelling at the guy and needed a place to put his hands

By the way, if a car I was hanging onto started driving away, I would let go of the f--ing car.

I doubt that the natural reaction in many situations like pain or fear is to grip tightly.

and we still do know for sure who started it.

oh and it still diddn't say he was trying to enter the car.

Edited by TrueMetis

He could have grabbed the car to pull himself up.

He could have grabbed the car to lean over and say something to the guy.

He could have grabbed the car for no reason what-so-ever except he was yelling at the guy and needed a place to put his hands

I doubt that the natural reaction in many situations like pain or fear is to grip tightly.

and we still do know for sure who started it.

oh and it still diddn't say he was trying to enter the car.

ha ha, ok. He was leaning on the car talking to the guy, and the guy gets in and starts driving, and the guy doesn't let go because suddenly he realizes that now the car is speeding away and he's too terrified to let go.

I'm sorry, but you simply can't come up with a situation where the car is standing still then begins moving and the guy grabbing on somehow didn't have the opportunity to let go.

Of course, maybe the car was already moving when Mr Sheppard grabbed onto it, but that doesn't do much to dispel the suggestion that he was some sort of maniac, does it.

-k

Darcy Allan Sheppard was investigated but released without charges Monday night after a former girlfriend called Toronto police, The Globe and Mail has confirmed. The incident, described as minor, took place in downtown Toronto, not far from where Mr. Sheppard and Mr. Bryant collided at 9:45 p.m. in an explosion of violence that left one man dead, the other with his public service career in tatters.

Details of the earlier encounter add to the developing story of how an event that apparently began as a shouted confrontation between cyclist and motorist – an ordinary enough clash in an increasingly congested city – ended with the bike courier holding on for dear life to Mr. Bryant's black convertible Saab as he drove the wrong way down Bloor Street near the posh Yorkville district – seemingly trying, deliberately according to some eyewitnesses, to loosen the man's grip and succeeding with tragic results when the man fell bleeding to the ground after being slammed into a mailbox.

He was rushed to hospital but died about an hour later.

With Mr. Bryant now facing charges of criminal negligence causing death and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death, Mr. Sheppard's drinking also raises the possibility that the former Liberal MPP could successfully claim he felt so threatened that he acted out of self-defence.

Earlier eyewitness accounts describe an angry clash between Mr. Bryant and Mr. Sheppard – a toot of the horn and a shout to get moving from Mr. Bryant; a refusal and perhaps an answering shout from Mr. Sheppard; Mr. Bryant edging his convertible closer, and by one account, actually hitting Mr. Sheppard's bike, whereupon Mr. Sheppard allegedly left his bike and marched over and reached into the offending open car.

Well, there you go ... that's how it starts ... but it doesn't usually end in death.

Can Michael Bryant convince a judge that he was terrified for his life?

Criminal negligence

219. (1) Every one is criminally negligent who

(a) in doing anything, or

(b ) in omitting to do anything that it is his duty to do,

shows wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons.

Definition of “duty”

(2) For the purposes of this section, "duty" means a duty imposed by law.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 202.

Causing death by criminal negligence

220. Every person who by criminal negligence causes death to another person is guilty of an indictable offence and liable

(a) where a firearm is used in the commission of the offence, to imprisonment for life and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of four years; and

(b ) in any other case, to imprisonment for life.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 220; 1995, c. 39, s. 141.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-...l_VIII-gb:s_229

Edited by tango

Darcy Allan Sheppard was investigated but released without charges Monday night after a former girlfriend called Toronto police, The Globe and Mail has confirmed. The incident, described as minor, ...

Just heard on the radio Al Sheppard's girlfriend's description of their meeting. It's sad, because it sounded like any other relationship that was going through some reconciliation.

Just heard on the radio Al Sheppard's girlfriend's description of their meeting. It's sad, because it sounded like any other relationship that was going through some reconciliation.

Bryant hit his bike and damaged it. Obviously he wanted Bryant to stop and probably pay for the damage. Bryant was speeding, "90" so it was then too dangerous for him to let go.

Bryant says he is "innocent".

At this point, I don't agree.

Edited by tango

Bryant hit his bike and damaged it. Obviously he wanted Bryant to stop and probably pay for the damage. Bryant was speeding, "90" so it was then too dangerous for him to let go.

Bryant says he is "innocent".

At this point, I don't agree.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about Bryant either. Currently, the truth is between Sheppard and Bryant but obviously Sheppard can't tell his version of the story. We don't know how his visit with his girlfriend or his meeting with the police translated to any kind of reaction at the collision with Bryant afterward. Also we don't know our own capabilities in times of crisis.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about Bryant either. Currently, the truth is between Sheppard and Bryant but obviously Sheppard can't tell his version of the story. We don't know how his visit with his girlfriend or his meeting with the police translated to any kind of reaction at the collision with Bryant afterward. Also we don't know our own capabilities in times of crisis.

Earlier eyewitness accounts describe an angry clash between Mr. Bryant and Mr. Sheppard – a toot of the horn and a shout to get moving from Mr. Bryant; a refusal and perhaps an answering shout from Mr. Sheppard; Mr. Bryant edging his convertible closer, and by one account, actually hitting Mr. Sheppard's bike, whereupon Mr. Sheppard allegedly left his bike and marched over and reached into the offending open car.

This is what bothers me ... sounds like road rage by Mr Bryant started it. Guy might have been reaching for keys, to make him stay there, who knows. NOBODY said he hit Bryant - just "reached in".

I think I'll be very disturbed if Bryant gets off. You don't run into someone's bike on purpose and expect to just drive away. Sheppard had a right to approach him and expect an apology and payment for damage. Bryant had no right to try to knock him off the car, speeding down the wrong side of the road and intentionally smashing him into things and killing him, even if the guy did try to pop him ... and nobody says Sheppard tried to hit Bryant.

I just can't imagine Bryant claiming 'self defence'.

And today he said he is "innocent"?

How could anyone feel "innocent" after doing that to someone?

Really disturbing. Creepy to me.

more ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/02/world/am...toronto.html?hp

Two construction workers doing repairs along the road told CTV, a Canadian television network, that the car accelerated, its tires squealing, before veering into oncoming traffic on the left side of the street.

The workers said that the motorist repeatedly mounted the sidewalk and drove near lampposts in what seemed to be an attempt to brush off the man hanging onto the side.

One of the workers said the driver was “yelling pretty loud and he sounded very, very angry.” The other worker said, “He meant to knock him off.”

OK ... if Bryant was really scared of the guy, why didn't he yell for help from the construction guys to "get him off me" and slow down near them?

It's just tooooooooo creepy.

Edited by tango

This is what bothers me ... sounds like road rage by Mr Bryant started it. Guy might have been reaching for keys, to make him stay there, who knows. NOBODY said he hit Bryant - just "reached in".

I think I'll be very disturbed if Bryant gets off. You don't run into someone's bike on purpose and expect to just drive away. Sheppard had a right to approach him and expect an apology and payment for damage. Bryant had no right to try to knock him off the car, speeding down the wrong side of the road and intentionally smashing him into things and killing him, even if the guy did try to pop him ... and nobody says Sheppard tried to hit Bryant.

I just can't imagine Bryant claiming 'self defence'.

And today he said he is "innocent"?

How could anyone feel "innocent" after doing that to someone?

Really disturbing. Creepy to me.

more ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/02/world/am...toronto.html?hp

Two construction workers doing repairs along the road told CTV, a Canadian television network, that the car accelerated, its tires squealing, before veering into oncoming traffic on the left side of the street.

The workers said that the motorist repeatedly mounted the sidewalk and drove near lampposts in what seemed to be an attempt to brush off the man hanging onto the side.

One of the workers said the driver was “yelling pretty loud and he sounded very, very angry.” The other worker said, “He meant to knock him off.”

OK ... if Bryant was really scared of the guy, why didn't he yell for help from the construction guys to "get him off me" and slow down near them?

It's just tooooooooo creepy.

How about waiting until ALL the facts are in before judging?

How about waiting until ALL the facts are in before judging?

We won't ever know all the facts, and regardless of 'self defence', frankly, I can't comprehend how someone could do that to another person. period.

I do believe he could have deescalated the situation without that.

He says he's "innocent" of "the more serious charges" which means he'll take a plea bargain, I expect.

If convicted of the most serious charge, criminal negligence causing death, racers can face life in prison. But, Taylor said that almost never happens. "To my knowledge, there isn't (a convicted street racer) who has served more than five months in jail," he said. In November 2000, street racers in Vancouver killed 51-year-old Irene Thorpe, a pedestrian, and were convicted of criminal negligence causing death The two teens involved, Sukvir Singh Khosa and Bahadur Singh Bhalru, were given conditional sentences of two years less a day and placed under house arrest — a sentence that provoked outrage in most of the country.

Bryant hit his bike and damaged it. Obviously he wanted Bryant to stop and probably pay for the damage.

He could have taken the license of the vehicle and reported the incident to police.

Bryant was speeding, "90" so it was then too dangerous for him to let go.

He could have let go when the vehicle was moving much slower.

In fact, according to this CTV report, the vehicle was *already moving* when Sheppard grabbed it.

Bryant is obviously not blameless in this, but those of you trying to rationalize Sheppard's actions look extremely foolish.

-k

He could have taken the license of the vehicle and reported the incident to police.

:lol:

You were making a joke weren't you? The police are not going to do anything about a bent bike. Couriers have learned to get the money up front. It's a common problem for them, and a common solution to demand the money. Bryant would know that.

He could have let go when the vehicle was moving much slower.

It never was going slow. Bryant floored it and his tires were squealing all the way across Bloor, with the guy hanging on, shoes making sparks on the pavement.

I used to like Bryant, arrogant puppy that he is, but this is truly sick, imo.

How could anyone do that to a person?

There was help available.

You can't kill someone just because he *might* punch you.

Don't worry: Bryant will get off with a slap on the wrist ... but he shouldn't.

He got to spend a night in jail, anyway.

I'll bet he's wishing today that he had just taken a punch instead, and given the guy the money for a new wheel. <_<

Edited by tango