White South African gets Refugee status in Canada

An Ottawa man has been granted refugee status after an immigration board panel ruled he would be likely be persecuted if he returned back to his native South Africa — because he is white.

Source

Davis said the evidence of Huntley and Laura Kaplan “show a picture of indifference and inability or unwillingness” of the South African government to protect “White South Africans from persecution by African South Africans.”

Well this proves the type of climate that exists in South Africa today. It's unfortunate because the blacks there are only hurting themselves. Black on white racism surely exists. I'm sure the liberals here will say that this is great and the white SA's deserve what they get ignoring the fact that there is blatent racism in that country. So blatent and lawless in fact that white South Arikans are seeking refuge in Canada.

Truly very sad.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Like Zimbabwe ,the South Africans have followed the same course and are driving out whites. Apartied is alive and well in these Marxists countries. When do we start suspending trade and diplomatic relations with these countries. I want a boycott!

As do I. I find it hilarious that none of the ultra leftists are condemning these nations for what they are. Racist rogue states.

If it was blacks who were being victimized they'd be up in arms but since it's just a white guy they don't care.

Blatant double standards.

Edited by Mr.Canada

My small town has gained three doctors from South Africa. The simple fact is that the citizens here appreciate their new doctors and respect them. The doctors in return treat us well. The truth is that they feared for their live back home so they have mad this their new home.

That's awesome news. I wish all Afrikaaner's would come to Canada. They and their skills are very welcome here.

Davis said the evidence of Huntley and Laura Kaplan “show a picture of indifference and inability or unwillingness” of the South African government to protect “White South Africans from persecution by African South Africans.”

Part of the problem may lie in the groundless yet apparently perceived distinction between a "White South African" and an "African South African"; this division implies that one cannot be considered African if one has white(ish) skin. I'm sure there are millions of Afrikaners who'd disagree.

I thought you were against immigration Mr. Canada? So only if they are white? Or are all those persecuted welcome?

Anybody with skills Canada needs is welcome. People without skills we don't shouldn't be allowed entry into my country.

They serve no purpose other than to put further strain on our system. We have Canadians out of work yet they keep admitting these unskilled people. I don't get it.

Part of the problem may lie in the groundless yet apparently perceived distinction between a "White South African" and an "African South African"; this division implies that one cannot be considered African if one has white(ish) skin. I'm sure there are millions of Afrikaners who'd disagree.

I suspect the phrase "African South African" is the product of a Canadian mind who is uncomfortable using the word "black", and figured that if blacks in the United States are "African Americans", then black South Africans must be "African South Africans".

I think the alternative explanation is more likely: South Africa has a problem, and they're ashamed to admit it.

As I drove home from work tonight I turned on CBC's "As It Happens" and listened with amazement as a CBC reporter "interviewed" a spokesman for the ANC government... that is to say, he allowed the spokesman to speak and refused to ask him a single challenging question.

-race isn't relevant, because crime is crime and it doesn't make any difference if the victim is black or white. (except that our refugee claims system considers persecution of many sorts in making a decision.)

-the government has unwavering commitment to fighting crime. (if that is the case, they must be incredibly inept at it, as violent crime in South Africa is out of control, even in comparison to South Africa's poorer neighbors.)

-most victims of violence in South Africa are black. (this one is true, as anyone who has paid any attention will recall the wave of violence committed by black South Africans against black immigrants to South Africa.)

-it is obvious that whites are not persecuted in South Africa, since if whites were persecuted in South Africa they would have all left. (well, out of around 5 million white South Africans, almost almost a million have left in the past decade.)

-South Africans of all colors are insulted and offended by this decision because it misrepresents the harmonious relationship of the races in South Africa. (so, if it's so harmonious, why are so many white people leaving?)

But the interviewer failed to challenge the ANC spokesman on any of these claims. He was allowed to "whitewash" the issue by presenting half-baked arguments and accusing Canada of racism in making this decision.

-k

I suspect the phrase "African South African" is the product of a Canadian mind who is uncomfortable using the word "black", and figured that if blacks in the United States are "African Americans", then black South Africans must be "African South Africans"....

Indeed.....I am expecting to eventually read the even more nonsensical......"visible majority". :lol:

I suspect the phrase "African South African" is the product of a Canadian mind who is uncomfortable using the word "black", and figured that if blacks in the United States are "African Americans", then black South Africans must be "African South Africans".

I think the alternative explanation is more likely: South Africa has a problem, and they're ashamed to admit it.

As I drove home from work tonight I turned on CBC's "As It Happens" and listened with amazement as a CBC reporter "interviewed" a spokesman for the ANC government... that is to say, he allowed the spokesman to speak and refused to ask him a single challenging question.

-race isn't relevant, because crime is crime and it doesn't make any difference if the victim is black or white. (except that our refugee claims system considers persecution of many sorts in making a decision.)

-the government has unwavering commitment to fighting crime. (if that is the case, they must be incredibly inept at it, as violent crime in South Africa is out of control, even in comparison to South Africa's poorer neighbors.)

-most victims of violence in South Africa are black. (this one is true, as anyone who has paid any attention will recall the wave of violence committed by black South Africans against black immigrants to South Africa.)

-it is obvious that whites are not persecuted in South Africa, since if whites were persecuted in South Africa they would have all left. (well, out of around 5 million white South Africans, almost almost a million have left in the past decade.)

-South Africans of all colors are insulted and offended by this decision because it misrepresents the harmonious relationship of the races in South Africa. (so, if it's so harmonious, why are so many white people leaving?)

But the interviewer failed to challenge the ANC spokesman on any of these claims. He was allowed to "whitewash" the issue by presenting half-baked arguments and accusing Canada of racism in making this decision.

-k

Though racism exists I would bet that the reason why white people are leaving is due to the fact that white people still control a lot of the wealth in South Africa (the vestiges of authoritarianism, such as white people controlling the economy don't go away quickly) and are using that wealth to pick up and leave due to the large amounts of crime in major cities like Johannesburg. If where you're living is unsafe and you've got the money to move...you move. It's not rocket science. The idea that white people are moving solely due to racism is as half baked as the spokesman for the ANC calling Canada racist for allowing such an immigration case to be approved.

Black on white racism surely exists*****So blatent and lawless in fact that white South Arikans are seeking refuge in Canada.

Truly very sad.

What a Zionist, apartheidist, anti-proletariat,racist, running-dog post.

Mao Mao Mao Tse Tung!!! Workers of the world unite!!!

Though racism exists I would bet that the reason why white people are leaving is due to the fact that white people still control a lot of the wealth in South Africa (the vestiges of authoritarianism, such as white people controlling the economy don't go away quickly) and are using that wealth to pick up and leave due to the large amounts of crime in major cities like Johannesburg. If where you're living is unsafe and you've got the money to move...you move. It's not rocket science. The idea that white people are moving solely due to racism is as half baked as the spokesman for the ANC calling Canada racist for allowing such an immigration case to be approved.

There are likely several major reasons why they are leaving, and fear of violence is probably the major one.

The official South African government line is that race bears no role in the violence at all, that the criminals are motivated by poverty, not hate. I think it is presumptuous for the government to claim to know what lays in the hearts of criminals. And the explanation that it is greed, not hate, rings somewhat hollow when one considers that the murdered Boer farmers are frequently found not just robbed and killed, but also brutally tortured. One can also look at the violence directed at the immigrants and asylum seekers, who have not much worth stealing but have been targets of violence anyway.

-k

“I find that the claimant would stand out like a ‘sore thumb’ due to his colour in any part of the country,” tribunal panel chair William Davis said in his decision to grant Huntley refugee status.

How does he know that ... "in any part of the country". I think the panel went a little overboard with their comments.

Lookit mrcan jumpin all over hisself to welcome immigrants ... as long as they are WHITE (and preferably racist).

Gee, I wonder if this dude and the other one were involved in drugs or anything criminal? That could account for them getting harassed. Nobody else wonder about that?

I think more thought is needed on this.

Do we accept all refugees who are subject to persecution, even if it's because they are criminals?

Not saying these guys are ... but how do we know?

Seems like a pretty open door.

Not surprised that the usual anti-immigrant crowd are giving this guy a pass:

Just proves again that anti-immigrant attitudes in Canada are largely due to white supremacist thinking.

Gee, I wonder if this dude and the other one were involved in drugs or anything criminal? That could account for them getting harassed. Nobody else wonder about that?

Do we accept all refugees who are subject to persecution, even if it's because they are criminals?

Is this some sort of attempt at parody? Or are you being serious?

If I was the sort of person who went around speculating at random that someone might be involved in drugs, I'd suspect you're high right now.

-k

Is this some sort of attempt at parody? Or are you being serious?

If I was the sort of person who went around speculating at random that someone might be involved in drugs, I'd suspect you're high right now.

-k

:rolleyes:

There are other reasons why one gets beaten up than 'being white'.

My point is ... do we know?

Lookit mrcan jumpin all over hisself to welcome immigrants ... as long as they are WHITE (and preferably racist).

And look at Tango, the great defender of refugees and immigrants, immediately speculating - with absolutely nothing to back it up - that this refugee, this dirty white refugee, might be some kind of criminal.

My position on refugees has always been pretty damned clear. I think Canada should accept legitimate refugees, but that too many refugees are phony refugees, really economic migrants under another name telling lies. I have never once suggested that this or that particular refugee might be a criminal simply because of their race. So once again, thank you, Tango, for reinforcing my belief that the worst racists in Canada are all very politically correct liberals.

And look at Tango, the great defender of refugees and immigrants, immediately speculating - with absolutely nothing to back it up - that this refugee, this dirty white refugee, might be some kind of criminal.So once again, thank you, Tango, for reinforcing my belief that the worst racists in Canada are all very politically correct liberals.

It usually doesn't take too long for people like tango to expose their double standard. It appears to be caused by forming belief based more on emotion than impassive fact.

There are other reasons why one gets beaten up than 'being black'.

There are other reasons why one gets beaten up than 'being muslim'.

There are other reasons why one gets beaten up than 'being Somolian'.

Apparently, it's only racist if the subject is not white.

“I find that the claimant would stand out like a ‘sore thumb’ due to his colour in any part of the country,” tribunal panel chair William Davis said in his decision to grant Huntley refugee status.

How does he know that ... "in any part of the country". I think the panel went a little overboard with their comments.

C'mon. What are the chances of that? Just because he's white?

Lookit mrcan tango jumpin all over hisself to welcome immigrants ... as long as they are WHITE not white (and preferably racist muslim).

When "we" do it, you call us racist and refer to it as racial profiling.

That's the way the Liberals set it up. When "we" bitch about it, you call us racist.

Yes. How do we know? If "we" ask, you call us racist.

Seems like a pretty open door.

Ridiculously so. If "we" say that, you call us xenophobic.

Not surprised that the usual anti-immigrant pro-immigrant crowd are giving this guy a pass:

Just proves again that anti-immigrant anti-white attitudes in Canada are largely due to white supremacist Liberal pro-mutliculturalthinking.

what a fascinating creature you are Tango...

Your almost pathalogically incapable of behaving in a way that does not injure white people...

If a 14 year old white girl is assaulted by 17 grinning blacks, its her fault for having not consented to have sex with them.... (which makes her a racist)

If a black MAN gets in a fist fight with 3 other white males after having taunted them... its a hate crime for the white males (regardless of the facts) and should be ruthlessly punished.

If people suspect that having a large minority of muslims who threaten public safety, demand sharia courts (which treat women like cattle), and commit treason against canada... then you say: "immigration is a strength, and anyone complaining is a nazi, goebbels, hitler loving, racist, bigot" and them tell them to go back on "stormfront"...

its not flip flopping as much as just plain unmasked anti-white bigotry,

you have one set of guidelines for whites (namely: that they are oppressors and deserve every harm they receive, and should be reduced to a minority of not exterminated outright)

and a completely different set of guidelines for NON-Whites: (namely that no matter where they're from, canada is better off having them in lieu of white people, that any harm they do is merely the fault of whites)

its that simple...

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were at the hearing. I didn't know you'd had a chance to audit the evidence first hand. What can you tell us about the case that was presented?

I don't think anybody who knows anything about current events in South Africa would be at all surprised at either of the two central claims:

1) race-based violence directed at members of a minority.

2) the government being unwilling or unable to provide human security for members of minorities.

While I'm not a refugee claims expert I believe those two criterion, which could easily be argued to apply in South Africa, would form the basis of a successful refugee claim in any circumstance.

-k