Good Integration

If Minorities are suffering discrimination still after Trudeau started importing them en masse in the 70's then I say multiculturalism is a failed experiment and needs to be abandoned immediately as it's clear that after 40 years of forced integration people still largely prefer the company of their own race.

However when I go downtown TO on business I see all sorts of races holding down very well paying jobs in many tall towers downtown around King and Bay. So I call bullshit to your claims of racism. It's just another guilt stick to keep white people from banding together

and calling you liars.

Plain and simple.

Edited by Mr.Canada

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a novel idea.How about a hiring policy totally based on ability and suitability for the job,and keep race,gender and sexual orientation out of the mix?It's totally unfair if a qualified applicant is turned away because of race,no matter what the skin colour is.The leftist version of employment equity says it's perfectly fine to discriminate against white males,but not if they are gay I suppose <_< .The best available person should always be the one that get's hired.What happens when employment equity is forced upon all job sectors?Will the Toronto Maple Leafs be forced to sign a more ethnically diverse lineup?They seem to be an all white male team,so left wing logic dictates that the organization must be racist does it not? ;)

"potential?"

You still don't acknowledge that a federal public works employment offer SPECIFICALLY BARRING WHITE MALES FROM APPLYING is precisely "discriminatory and racist"? How do you twist your mind around this to say that ""The 'potential' for discrimination doesn't count as evidence of discrimination."... this isn't "potential discrimination" its barefaced, immediate, clear and obvious DISCRIMINATION. I mean COME ON tango, please tell me you're not really this hot headedly anti-white!

and btw... No, troll, we have affirmative action REGARDLESS if the discrimination is there or not... Our charter and affirmative action programs kick in regardless of if there is actual discrimination or not... one can be in a completely harmonious workplace with ZERO racism or discrimination and STILL reap the benefits of affirmative action and similar programs!

Its not as if an independent investigation is made, and THEN corrective affirmative action is used... affirmative action and preferential treatment are AUTOMATIC.

http://elliotlakenews.wordpress.com/2007/1...r-attack-again/

http://marginalizedactiondinosaur.net/?p=1940

These are personal blogs, and prove nothing.

Link to real evidence please.

If Minorities are suffering discrimination still after Trudeau started importing them en masse in the 70's then I say multiculturalism is a failed experiment and needs to be abandoned immediately as it's clear that after 40 years of forced integration people still largely prefer the company of their own race.

However when I go downtown TO on business I see all sorts of races holding down very well paying jobs in many tall towers downtown around King and Bay. So I call bullshit to your claims of racism. It's just another guilt stick to keep white people from banding together

and calling you liars.

Plain and simple.

Yes some people have had their skills recognized and been hired, because of affirmative action programs, and are doing well. However, there is still an imbalance in the workforce, and a specific problem with the recognition of people's foreign professional certification. That's why plenty of engineers are driving taxis.

Just curious, MrCan, what you think about the fact that your generation will carry the biggest tax burden of any generation of Canadians ever, due to the aging of the baby boomers. Do you think increasing the population of Canada to spread out that huge tax burden is a good idea?

Edited by tango

Yes some people have had their skills recognized and been hired, because of affirmative action programs, and are doing well. However, there is still an imbalance in the workforce, and a specific problem with the recognition of people's foreign professional certification. That's why plenty of engineers are driving taxis.

One specific

Engineers and such are driving cabs because their degrees don't meet the Canadian standards. There's a reason building just plain fall-over in some of the countries where we get immigrants...and it isn't wind.

Neither an imbalance nor a refusal to recognize inferior credentials are evidence of racism.

I'm still waiting to hear evidence of racism which justifies your belief in the need for affirmative action programs.

Just curious, MrCan, what you think about the fact that your generation will carry the biggest tax burden of any generation of Canadians ever, due to the aging of the baby boomers. Do you think increasing the population of Canada to spread out that huge tax burden is a good idea?

Most of the people we bring in are not worth it economically anyway. Unless someone makes a reasonably good income the state spends more on them than it gets in return taxes.

http://elliotlakenews.wordpress.com/2007/1...r-attack-again/

http://marginalizedactiondinosaur.net/?p=1940

These are personal blogs, and prove nothing.

Link to real evidence please.

"Internal e-mail reveals hiring ban at Public Works"

Tom Blackwell

National Post

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The national post is a blog?

nice try .... but no.

And the charter which clearly stipulates that equal treatment is non-applicable when the persona is a minority, and that affirmative action and other programs MUST ensure that non-white minority candidates have access to PREFERENTIAL treatment.... is quite unavoidable as evidence of SYSTEMIC RACISM AND DISCRIMINATION wouldn't you think? White males are LITERALLY not considered Equal under the Canadian charter! They are second class citizens who have access to LESS rights and privileges SOLELY because of their race and gender!

Two years ago, was the 20th anniversary of the Employment Equity Act:

I attended:

DATE: Monday, December 4th, 2006

TIME: 8:15 a.m.

PLACE: Four Points Sheraton

475 Sherbrooke Street West

this is part of the segment flyer that was distributed to interested participants:

"Why the Honourable Jean-Pierre Blackburn is meeting with the Centre for Research-Action on Race Relations (CRARR) in Montreal

- This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Employment Equity Act- fundamental legislation that contributes to Canada's development of fair, productive and healthy workplaces.

- Since the inception of employment equity there are almost 40 percent more visible minority, Aboriginal and disabled persons group members employed in workplaces covered by the Act. This signifies that efforts to address discrimination and to promote fairness in the workplace alongside groups such as CRARR are making a difference.

- Now is the time to celebrate and reflect on our accomplishments, and to reaffirm our commitment to protect the rights of Canadians equally in the workplace."

HRSDC is Human Resources and Social Development Canada. the http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/home.shtml"

This "celebration" of a 40% employed rates is FAR beyond the national % of visible minority workers... proof that immigrants are not at all disandvantaged but rather artificially PREFERRED.

- This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Employment Equity Act- fundamental legislation that contributes to Canada's development of fair, productive and healthy workplaces.

- Since the inception of employment equity there are almost 40 percent more visible minority, Aboriginal and disabled persons group members employed in workplaces covered by the Act. This signifies that efforts to address discrimination and to promote fairness in the workplace alongside groups such as CRARR are making a difference.

This "celebration" of a 40% employed rates is FAR beyond the national % of visible minority workers... proof that immigrants are not at all disandvantaged but rather artificially PREFERRED.

You are misreading what it says. It says there are 40% more visible minority members employed in those areas, not that 40% of workers are visible minorities.

It is just like them, however, to trumpet an absolutely meaningless number and pretend that this shows their success. "Look, look!" they cry, "Our plan is working! We have increased the numbers of visible minorities employed by 40%! Oh my how good we are!"

The thing is that with massive, continued immigration, the numbers of visible minorities in the general population has risen by about uhm, well, 40% over a 20 year period. Therefore, the numbers simply mirror the population. All their employment equity laws and rules have accomplished precisely nothing on a national scale. They have, on the other hand, engendered massive resentment among many Whites.

Edited by Argus

All their employment equity laws and rules have accomplished precisely nothing on a national scale. They have, on the other hand, engendered massive resentment among many Whites.

Well the laws also have put undeserving people into certain jobs for no other reason then their race. So imagine the harm done in terms of productivity loss. Notice how much we seem to loose in terms of quality customer service? even in BANKS! I remember calling Scotia Bank about a personal line of credit and the CS representaive spoke a bastardized farrago that no civilized man could have understood.

I went into Volkswagen once (who has a diversity hiring program) to check out a Touareg TDI and the salesperson (a Haitian male) could not tell me anything about the vehicle without checking the brochure. He hesitated on prices, and kept changing the trimline options and prices... He also blasted the radio for me while test driving it which nearly made me have a heart attack at highway speeds. His english was abysmal, and his french was no better....

Imagine how many potential buyers are lost out of customers walking disdainfully away from such an experience i thought to myself...

The evil of affirmative action is not merely that it unjustly displaces whites simply because of their race, it also greatly weakens our service economy, and the streamlined functioning of our businesses.

It also costs millions to keep these programs running and force businesses to have "diversity recruitment plans" and millions more in "discrimination law suits" and other completely useless and log rolling problems which plague diverse workforces.

And you notice these things when you get out of the country... go to Japan, and my god! what a culture of SERVICE! People bend over backwards to minister your most trivial comforts... people are extremely polite, and very professional... and the Japanese have no such thing as "affirmative action", and discrimination lawsuits are nearly inexistent.