Aboriginal Issues

August1991

Could the forum moderators please create a designated category for "Aboriginal Issues"?

For example, if there is a new thread about aboriginal issues created elsewhere, the forum moderators could move the thread to the new "Aboriginal Issues" category.

I know that the actions of these aboriginal posters seem to be a form of extortion but frankly IMHO, they're not. I'd give these One Track Jacks a place to play - and methodically move their topics there.

While the Internet is open to hijacks, this forum doesn't have many extortionists. IMV, aboriginals deserve a designated category.

Could the forum moderators please create a designated category for "Aboriginal Issues"?

For example, if there is a new thread about aboriginal issues created elsewhere, the forum moderators could move the thread to the new "Aboriginal Issues" category.

I know that the actions of these aboriginal posters seem to be a form of extortion but frankly IMHO, they're not. I'd give these One Track Jacks a place to play - and methodically move their topics there.

While the Internet is open to hijacks, this forum doesn't have many extortionists. IMV, aboriginals deserve a designated category.

What Aboriginal posters?

I wouldn't recommend that. It will just become a target for racist trolls.

If you don't want to discuss those issues, don't open those threads.

I absolutely agree with this. They'll still show up when you choose "view new posts" (which is how I usually browse the forums anyway), but if you are looking for specific topics, they should be sorted specifically. It will make searching for a specific thread related to aboriginal issues much easier as well.

I absolutely agree with this. They'll still show up when you choose "view new posts" (which is how I usually browse the forums anyway), but if you are looking for specific topics, they should be sorted specifically. It will make searching for a specific thread related to aboriginal issues much easier as well.

I disagree as well. Aboriginal issues are Canadian and provincial issues that should engage everyone. If you are not interested you have the freedom not to look.

I agree as well! While it is true that you don't have to open a thread sometimes the thread may not be clear in the header about being an aboriginal issue. Or it may simply have been hijacked.

It's like having religious groups banging on your door early Sunday morning. You don't have to answer it but you are already inconvenienced. Where is it written that any group has the right to bang on your door?

The clearer threads are labeled the easier it is for people to choose. No one has the right to free advertising.

They are thread for all Canadians, because there are substantial and important developments going on in law, and it affects us all.

The merry-go-round results from trolls who just want to disrupt, derail, dismiss, deny, vilify.

Perhaps some better controls on that behaviour are warranted.

However, these are not segregated threads FOR Aboriginal people, but about Aboriginal issues that all Canadians may need to understand, imo.

Edited by tango

They are thread for all Canadians, because there are substantial and important developments going on in law, and it affects us all.

The merry-go-round results from trolls who just want to disrupt, derail, dismiss, deny, vilify.

Perhaps some better controls on that behaviour are warranted.

However, these are not segregated threads FOR Aboriginal people, but about Aboriginal issues that all Canadians may need to understand, imo.

Amazing.....how the whiners want to put native people's issues out of sight...out of mind....

Why don't we create a special forum for Jews and Blacks too...?

Edited by charter.rights

Amazing.....how the whiners want to put native people's issues out of sight...out of mind....

Why don't we create a special forum for Jews and Blacks too...?

Yep ... segregated 'homelands' here on mlw. :lol:

And one for Palestinians too, of course!

There! We've solved that contentious and repetitive Israeli-Palestinian issue! We won't let them talk to each other!

:lol:

And one for women, one for men ... one for younger adults, another for 'mature' adults ...

yup ... heck ... lets just each have our own thread and talk to ourselves!! :lol:

Edited by tango

I agree, the issue does deserve it's own area.

I get my own area! I rant and type and talk and go on and on and on - then I read my own posts and am ever so pleased with myself - love it when I make me laugh. Once in a while I actually have to read someone elses post...that's such a chore for such a self centred egotist such as me...so off I go - and don't give a crap if I am the only one reading me.... I love me - It's all about me - the universe revolves around me --ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? :lol:

They are thread for all Canadians, because there are substantial and important developments going on...

You could say the same thing about most provincial issues, but they have a separate forum.

You could say that US events affect us all too, but not only do they get a separate forum, but they get one for their stuff, AND one for Canada-US relations.

I get my own area! I rant and type and talk and go on and on and on - then I read my own posts and am ever so pleased with myself - love it when I make me laugh. Once in a while I actually have to read someone elses post...that's such a chore for such a self centred egotist such as me...so off I go - and don't give a crap if I am the only one reading me.... I love me - It's all about me - the universe revolves around me --ANYBODY GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? :lol:

Hey what's this "ignore" button I have been hearing about?

That's called a personal blog, oleg. You can get one of those elsewhere. Then nobody reads your stuff unless they choose to go there. :D

Some personal journaling never hurts!

That's called a personal blog, oleg. You can get one of those elsewhere. Then nobody reads your stuff unless they choose to go there. :D

Some personal journaling never hurts!

What if I blogged no one would go there - better to stay here and bug you guys - Once in a while I do come up with a gem - I know if what I write is crap - and I do have a good sense of when I hit the mark and it's useful and enlightening. It might be that in the sheer volume of my writing the hit and miss factor pays off - Real writing takes careful though and evaluation - and self editiing...the legal reckless disregard that is allowed here is inviting...har!