Let's restrict the right to vote

Argus

No.

But native Canadians (born here) are dying faster than we are being born, and have been for decades.

So yes, without immigration into the country, eventually Canadians will die off.

You're assuming this situation would continue. There have been a number of articles written by experts in demographics who have noted the coincidence over time of low birth rates when immigration is high. Perhaps if immigration disapeared, birth rates would rise.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The population of Canada is ONLY growing because of immigration, and that's intentionally so: Governments and most Canadians recognize that we need a larger base of taxpayers to support the huge group of aging elders we have, frankly

Well, this is all well off-topic, and you are, as you tend to be, almost 100% wrong. I would suggest you examine some of the threads on immigration and demographics I have posted to where you will find statistics which demonstrate that there is no actual economic or demographic need for massive immigration.

The purpose of high immigration is entirely political, intended to reinforce the short-term political fortunes of the politicians.

My statement was in reference to then-immigration minister Sergio Marchese (?) back in the 1990s in response to the Reform Party calling for restricting immigration. His statement went something like, If we end immigration, the last Canadian will die in 125years.

And Sergia Marchi was one of the worst examples of slimy, unprincipled and incompetent individuals succeeding in politics the federal liberals have yet produced.

No it doesn't. He wants to remove the right of vote to all the ones that are not "100% Canadian" + remove the right of vote to all ethnic minorities.

I don't want a Canada like that.

I think you are mistaken.

What's an ethnic minority? Aren't all Canadians Canadian? Can you tell me what Canadian is less than 100% Canadian?

You have to define a Canadian I guess and that is one of the problems of multiculturalism and diversity. The definition of Canadian becomes lost. I think it is a country where the government has some respect for the sanctity of person and property although it is increasingly forgetting that in trying to sustain itself.

Although I have stated I am of the opinion that perhaps voting should be an earned privilege rather than a right I haven't mentioned any criteria for determining who should have a vote because that would need to be debated but I don't think we are anywhere near losing universal suffrage for all Canadians. Perhaps after the next Reformation.

Well, this is all well off-topic, and you are, as you tend to be, almost 100% wrong. I would suggest you examine some of the threads on immigration and demographics I have posted to where you will find statistics which demonstrate that there is no actual economic or demographic need for massive immigration.

The purpose of high immigration is entirely political, intended to reinforce the short-term political fortunes of the politicians.

It isn't off topic. It's a response to the suggestion that immigrants should not be allowed to vote.

I'd like to take a peek at your "statistics which demonstrate that there is no actual economic or demographic need for massive immigration."

if you could provide a link.

I can't quite believe that, considering the huge baby boom population near or already retired.

It isn't off topic. It's a response to the suggestion that immigrants should not be allowed to vote.

I'd like to take a peek at your "statistics which demonstrate that there is no actual economic or demographic need for massive immigration."

if you could provide a link.

I can't quite believe that, considering the huge baby boom population near or already retired.

The massive amounts of immigration is changing the Canadian demographic too quickly. It cannot be good, it will become a disaster in 20 years or so but by then the liberals will find some way to blame the Tories for such lax unchecked immigration. I'll be gone from Canada by then, Thank God.

You could do us all a favour and leave sooner.

:lol:

No doubt MRc will try to find some WHITE country without MASSIVE AMOUNTS of UNCHECKED IMMIGRATION ... unless they are white like him, of course, because he will become ... gasp! ... an immigrant!

It's only mildly amusing how racists now try to hide it behind a loathing for "immigration". :rolleyes:

And of course, the idea behind this thread, restricting the vote, is as ridiculous as loathing immigration.

Edited by tango

You could do us all a favour and leave sooner.

Where exactly are you going to go?

My wife and I will be retiring to a tropical country most likely. I'll be the minority however down there they treat white people very well. Much better then we're treated in Canada. Down there they understand that the white man brings the money the native Islanders are very respectful to us. I enjoy being treated in this fashion.

This is where I get it from, my travel. I never thought twice about it before I started traveling and I started to see how badly I was treated in my own home country. It's pretty terrible when a person needs to abandon the country they love just to get proper treatment.

It may be an island in Caribbean but the people who live in the modest homes are entirely white and it's gated. For those of you who've never been you don't know or understand. The key to picking a good island country to live in is to not pick one that is very touristy, they ruin the natural beauty of the place.

Edited by Mr.Canada

My wife and I will be retiring to a tropical country most likely. I'll be the minority however down there they treat white people very well. Much better then we're treated in Canada. Down there they understand that the white man brings the money the native Islanders are very respectful to us. I enjoy being treated in this fashion.

This is where I get it from, my travel. I never thought twice about it before I started traveling and I started to see how badly I was treated in my own home country. It's pretty terrible when a person needs to abandon the country they love just to get proper treatment.

It may be an island in Caribbean but the people who live in the modest homes are entirely white and it's gated.

I see.

But you'll be returning to Canada regularly to keep your health insurance current?

Enjoy.

Ha Ha Liberals are so funny to read. They are such nice people - but you have to agree with them or they are not nice. No wonder you feel ill treated Mr. C. There are things that will not be tolerated by Liberals although they claim to be very tolerant. Well actually, now that I think about it they just claim non-liberals are intolerant.

Most immigrants side with the Liberals on issues because they never had a government that gave them things - for FREE! I believe the second or third generation may wise up and realize the Liberals don't understand that things from the government aren't FREE. If they haven't wised up to that fact by the third generation then they will remain in the ranks of Liberals and continue to do what Liberals do best - work the system.

Edited by Pliny

Yes we all hate conservatives :rolleyes: . If you happen to be a conservative that thinks like Mr. Canada....well....then you might be closer to the truth.

He is different and this is a multicultural and diverse country now. Tolerance must be expected. Now continue pretending to be nice like a true Liberal. :)

Edited by Pliny