Pay up or leave

tango

Go research it yourself (for a change) and bring evidence. Your opinions aren't worth a plugged nickel to me!

Alternatively, just continue in your rose-coloured eurocentric illusions. Makes absolutely no difference to me.

Yep, that's perfectly obvious!

Sorry if I dared to question your gospel. It won't happen again.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planned or not, the race of colonial empires to position themselves in the New World had something evil to it.

Actually, it was the appearance of several items all around the same time that set the stage for the European colonization of the Americas. The accurate compass...the accurate astrolabe...the accurate clock...plus the carrack and the caravel with their lateen rigged sails or mixed square and lateen. This plus a nagging suspicion that the Earth wasn't flat. Numerous other inventions/technologies assisted.

After all those came together it was just a matter of time...no evil or good involved.

Maybe it time y'all got exposed to some James Burke.

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Burke_(science_historian)

Actually, it was the appearance of several items all around the same time that set the stage for the European colonization of the Americas. The accurate compass...the accurate astrolabe...the accurate clock...plus the carrack and the caravel with their lateen rigged sails or mixed square and lateen. This plus a nagging suspicion that the Earth wasn't flat. Numerous other inventions/technologies assisted.

After all those came together it was just a matter of time...no evil or good involved.

Not even a mention of the fall of Constantinople in 1453!

I am sure that a little bribe worked well then as it does now. It works in utopian communist paradise...like China - Russia - Cuba etc. How come communists are just as corrupt as capitalists?

capitalists are corrupt? Capitalism and democracy is equal opportunity, communism is self serving elitism of those connected with the ruling class. I have always found it odd how people compare Capitalism to communism when the contrast is more along the lines of democracy/Communism. Communism is a political structure not an economic structure. China's red party is 70 million strong. They rule over the billion chinese: that's communism, on ruling group, period. Just like north America, china also has a stock market and they also use a currency as a means to buy and sell products and services. Because the chinese don't have a say as to who is in the Red Party, yet they are dominated by the Rules and justice of the Red Party one can see the mechanism of repression. However, democracies such as Canada is open to corruption when the political parties such as the conservatives engage in the politics of prostituting its citizens to big corporations so their party will get the corporate donations.

The conservatives idea of success is everyone making minimum wage while the corporations keep all the money. The conservatives logic is lower corporate taxes somehow encourages corporations to pay more wages but that is not the corporate mentality. They are selfish greedy enterprises who require to be beaten with a stick for their repressive economics tactics. In down economy the tax burden has to be shifted to the corporations and away from the people. As the economy improves the taxes can be shifted back onto the people and balance struck to maintain the economic engine.

It's sad Canada has been brought to its knees because of the inept conservative governance who understand nothing but the pursuit of power for the sake of power rather than the pursuit of success and prosperity.

The sooner Canada gets rid of the corrupt conservatives the sooner it will be back on the road of prosperity.

capitalists are corrupt? Capitalism and democracy is equal opportunity, communism is self serving elitism of those connected with the ruling class. I have always found it odd how people compare Capitalism to communism when the contrast is more along the lines of democracy/Communism. Communism is a political structure not an economic structure. China's red party is 70 million strong. They rule over the billion chinese: that's communism, on ruling group, period. Just like north America, china also has a stock market and they also use a currency as a means to buy and sell products and services. Because the chinese don't have a say as to who is in the Red Party, yet they are dominated by the Rules and justice of the Red Party one can see the mechanism of repression. However, democracies such as Canada is open to corruption when the political parties such as the conservatives engage in the politics of prostituting its citizens to big corporations so their party will get the corporate donations.

The conservatives idea of success is everyone making minimum wage while the corporations keep all the money. The conservatives logic is lower corporate taxes somehow encourages corporations to pay more wages but that is not the corporate mentality. They are selfish greedy enterprises who require to be beaten with a stick for their repressive economics tactics. In down economy the tax burden has to be shifted to the corporations and away from the people. As the economy improves the taxes can be shifted back onto the people and balance struck to maintain the economic engine.

It's sad Canada has been brought to its knees because of the inept conservative governance who understand nothing but the pursuit of power for the sake of power rather than the pursuit of success and prosperity.

The sooner Canada gets rid of the corrupt conservatives the sooner it will be back on the road of prosperity.

I would have liked to reply to this post but it has been posted in an inappropriate place.

In some ways the virulence of Islam played a role in the European colonization of the Americas. The Europeans were looking for a way to the Orient that avoided the attacker-infested deserts of Central Asia and the Barbary and African pirates. Guess who both of those groups were?

Now their piracy is shakedowns at the U.N. interspersed with horrific spasms of violence.

Edited by jbg

In some ways the virulence of Islam played a role in the European colonization of the Americas. The Europeans were looking for a way to the Orient that avoided the attacker-infested deserts of Central Asia and the Barbary and African pirates. Guess who both of those groups were?

I have answered this question.

Now their piracy is sshakedowns at the U.N. interspersed with horrific spasms of violence.

No worries. Benny is just trying to make it look like I don't understand the issue. I'm well aware of Islam's influence on Western history. But even without Muslim thugs blocking the way east, it was only a matter of time before some sailors ventured across the Atlantic as all the items I mentioned were available at the same time in the same place regardless of outside events.

I don't know where you draw your conclusions from. Corporations cannot force anyone who doesn't want to work to work. If they have demand they need qualified employees, period. This applies whether or not the corporation is unionized, a possibility you omit.
Canada hardly looks like it's "on its knees".
The LPC didn't have some massive scandals? Compared to those, what scandals has the current CPC (not the PCPC) had?

I don't know where you draw your conclusions from. Corporations cannot force anyone who doesn't want to work to work. If they have demand they need qualified employees, period. This applies whether or not the corporation is unionized, a possibility you omit.

Obviously you are clueless to finding employment. Look through the Job Bank and you will see the employers dictate minimum wage or wages close to minimum wage. A lot of these jobs are channelled through employment agencies and many corporations use employment agencies as a way of business. Ten years ago 1 in 10 jobs were through employment agencies, now its 1 in 4 jobs are through employment agencies. As for corporations forcing people to work for minimum wage is more because the conservatives have created an environment where large corporations are employment predators searching for the ever increasing number of immigrants the conservatives are rolling out the red carpet to.

I know this as fact because I have experiennced it and see it on a daily basis. The latest conservative tactic is to allow someone from another country to come to Canada and attend college or university for 1 year and then they are able to go out and look for employment. These people are only to happy to find work and these corporations are all to happy to hire them for close to minimum wage.

So when mr domestic Canadian goes looking for work, mr Corporation says sorry buddy tough luck we're not hiring. These people congest our roads and drive up retail costs on everything all the while keeping incomes low.

Canada hardly looks like it's "on its knees".The LPC didn't have some massive scandals? Compared to those, what scandals has the current CPC (not the PCPC) had?

Canada is a failed country. When retail costs for beer is 300 percent more for the same beer and gas is 40 percent more than retail in the US, that's a problem.

For this to be going shows the conservatives are either over taxing Canadians or they are guilty of market protectionism. Every time I go to the store it makes me sick knowing I would get a certain item at a lower cost south of the border. To add insult to injury I am taxed on that inflated amount.

The conservative are a fat cat party.