sarah palin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the speech was great. Just because you disagree with her (and probably hate her), doesn't mean it's a bad speech. I'll just chalk it up to more Palin derangement syndrome. :lol:

heh heh

you're one of those eh?

which part of the speech was the best part for you? i bet it was the

part.
Gov. Palin has staked out her turf and knows what her audience wants to hear.

her audience wants to hear dumb talk?

or sudden topic change that makes

? Edited by dub

which part of the speech was the best part for you? i bet it was the
part.

Not really. My favourite part of her speech was this...

"Don't forget Alaskans, you are the resource owners per our constitution, and that's why for instance last year when oil prices soared and state coffers swelled, but you were smacked with high energy prices, we sent you the energy rebate. See, it's your money and I've always believed that you know how to better spend it than government can spend it."

I thought the speech was a little disjointed but I am not surprised at anything she said. If you have spent a fair amount of time in Alaska you will know the average Alaskan is somewhat different from the average American you might find elsewhere. In fact, I believe a lot of them are there because they don't quite fit in elsewhere in the country and that is part of what I really like about Alaskans even if I don't always agree with them. A little like America's version of Newfoundland perhaps.

There is a reason they refer traveling to the lower 48 as "Going Outside" and it isn't because of the distance involved.

Not really. My favourite part of her speech was this...

"Don't forget Alaskans, you are the resource owners per our constitution, and that's why for instance last year when oil prices soared and state coffers swelled, but you were smacked with high energy prices, we sent you the energy rebate. See, it's your money and I've always believed that you know how to better spend it than government can spend it."

Oh, so she likes the idea of spreading the wealth, does she?

Oh, so she likes the idea of spreading the wealth, does she?

She doesn't take that money from anybody though, it's already there coming in so instead of filtering it to pet projects of special interest groups and supporters she spreads it to all which is what all good leaders should do once the basics have been covered.

Great thread though. Nine months after her relevancy she is still the focus of the Left. More talked about than Bush for crying out loud.

And hot. Mmmmmmmm. While Obama might do it for quasie male lefties like Matthews Palin does it for any red blooded man.

Guest TrueMetis
She doesn't take that money from anybody though, it's already there coming in so instead of filtering it to pet projects of special interest groups and supporters she spreads it to all which is what all good leaders should do once the basics have been covered.

Great thread though. Nine months after her relevancy she is still the focus of the Left. More talked about than Bush for crying out loud.

And hot. Mmmmmmmm. While Obama might do it for quasie male lefties like Matthews Palin does it for any red blooded man.

Really? She doesn't even come close for me I guess stupidity just isn't hot to me.

She doesn't take that money from anybody though,

Ummm, the money could have been oil company profits...if she weren't spreading the wealth around. Didn't those oil companies deserve it more than everyone else? They did all of the work. In other words, why is she using tax money to spread wealth? Why is the right supporting this?

Why is Chris Mathews not a real male in your opinion?

Edited by Smallc

Ummm, the money could have been oil company profits...if she weren't spreading the wealth around. Didn't those oil companies deserve it more than everyone else?

You're obviously grossly misinformed, so hopefully I can help. The oil in the state of Alaska belongs to everyone. That's why every citizen is entitled by law, to a small share of the profits. So your claim about "spreading the wealth" is nonsense. Obama thinks everyone's profits belong to everybody. And if he determines that you're making too much money, well then, it's going to be confiscated by him, and spread around to who he deems worthy, no matter what state you live in.

Ummm, the money could have been oil company profits...if she weren't spreading the wealth around. Didn't those oil companies deserve it more than everyone else? They did all of the work. In other words, why is she using tax money to spread wealth? Why is the right supporting this?

Why is Chris Mathews not a real male in your opinion?

The agreement is that when the oil company drills into the people's land, they pay money hence, it is not the oil company's money but rather the people's at that point. Golly, it's simple capitalism at work.

As for Mathews, he says he gets a tingling up his leg when he hears Obama speak. It's on the vid.

Oh, I get it...she's a communist.

No, she is a good leader who gives out money to the people which the state earned from capitalist entities that produced a profit as per an agreement with the state to the people. If she were a communist, they would recieve none of that money and be living in state housing while she spent that same money on whatever she felt the state needed.

You might want to crack a book or two if you find this confusing.