supporting gandhi vs supporting bush

dub

:P:P

Gandhi awas a niave tool who helped cause the deaths of 100s of 1000s

He didn't cause anyone's death. It was the British that did the killing.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you and DUB take history class together?

You might want to google the partion death toll. !/2 million is the accepted number.

And even they didn't do it. It was the guns and clubs that did. Now as for who created the situation where those people would be sure to be beaten and shot, it was Gandhi.

He knew the British would react with violence, in fact, he counted on it and so, sent his followers out to be beaten and killed knowing that the propaganda victory would be his. Just like Hamas fires rockets from the middle of residential areas in the hopes that Israel will attack and cause civilian casualties so they too, can have a propaganda coup.

And even they didn't do it. It was the guns and clubs that did. Now as for who created the situation where those people would be sure to be beaten and shot, it was Gandhi.

He knew the British would react with violence, in fact, he counted on it and so, sent his followers out to be beaten and killed knowing that the propaganda victory would be his. Just like Hamas fires rockets from the middle of residential areas in the hopes that Israel will attack and cause civilian casualties so they too, can have a propaganda coup.

damn gandhi for preaching non-violent protests! he is responsible for anyone who gets hurt in these non-violent protests!

same goes with the dalai lama and suicidal peaceful and non-violent protests!

lols @ krusty's comparisons

Guest TrueMetis
damn gandhi for preaching non-violent protests! he is responsible for anyone who gets hurt in these non-violent protests!

same goes with the dalai lama and suicidal peaceful and non-violent protests!

lols @ krusty's comparisons

The dalai lama is a horrible person who supported slavery.

It's like you placing your two year old grandson in the middle of a busy street and then blaming the guy who runs over him for his death and then, finally, you, 'Dub the Peaceful' get to proclaim that there should be a traffic light there to slow the cars down.

It's like you placing your two year old grandson in the middle of a busy street and then blaming the guy who runs over him for his death and then, finally, you, 'Dub the Peaceful' get to proclaim that there should be a traffic light there to slow the cars down.

lols!

another krusty analogy!

2 year old grandson = gandhi supporters!

lols!

another krusty analogy!

2 year old grandson = gandhi supporters!

Try followers. You know, Gandhi is a leader, they are followers. He tells them what to do and they do it.

I would say that this is all lost on you but you seemed to grasp it for a moment here;

Try followers. You know, Gandhi is a leader, they are followers. He tells them what to do and they do it.

I would say that this is all lost on you but you seemed to grasp it for a moment here;

you've sunk to DoP level of ridiculous comments. i don't know what he babbles about now since i have him on ignore, but really krusty.

2 year old grandson = gandhi 'followers' ?

that's just too much.

you've sunk to DoP level of ridiculous comments. i don't know what he babbles about now since i have him on ignore, but really krusty.

2 year old grandson = gandhi 'followers' ?

that's just too much.

If you are incapable of understanding the relationship between Gandhi and his followers then why would you for a moment figure the guy is even worth mentioning? They did what he told them to do and, what he told them to do was to put themselves in harms way where they were certain to be beat to a pulp.

Much like a father would place a two year old in harms way.

So, was he a great leader or just a name and why?

If you are incapable of understanding the relationship between Gandhi and his followers then why would you for a moment figure the guy is even worth mentioning? They did what he told them to do and, what he told them to do was to put themselves in harms way where they were certain to be beat to a pulp.

Much like a father would place a two year old in harms way.

i go back and forth from laughing at you to feeling sorry for you.

I cannot believe what I am reading here. Equating Gandhi and Hamas?

Not surprisingly, nobody says what they thing Gandhi should have done. Well... we already know there are some who believe he should just had done nothing and be countent to see his land occupied by a foreign power because hey, the British were civilized.

Don't bother responding anyone. :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Jews didn't suffer at the hands of the Nazis because a few commited suicide? You are quite insane.

The ones that committed suicide didn't suffer.

And even they didn't do it. It was the guns and clubs that did.

Guns and clubs don't do anything without people wielding them.

Now as for who created the situation where those people would be sure to be beaten and shot, it was Gandhi.

He didn't create those conditions. The conditions had already been created by the British. Their rules were that anyone fighting back against their own enslavement be beaten, imprisoned or shot.

He knew the British would react with violence, in fact, he counted on it and so, sent his followers out to be beaten and killed knowing that the propaganda victory would be his.

He was counting on violence from the British, but he didn't send anyone to do anything. He asked people if they wanted to be free, and suggested non-violent non-co-operation as a solution. Everyone could have chosen to stay at home and do nothing. Again, it is not Gandhi's fault that the British chose violence as their reaction to people speaking and standing up for their country.

Just like Hamas fires rockets from the middle of residential areas in the hopes that Israel will attack and cause civilian casualties so they too, can have a propaganda coup.

That's not at all the same. Gandhi never suggested that any Indian should kill any British person.

Edited by Malaclypse the Younger

In the case of India under British rule, by your comparison, everyone was a child in the middle of the street, whether they chose to be there or not, whether Gandhi did anything or not.

They were already in harm's way. One British officer had scores of people shot for merely being in the presence of a man who was speaking about non-violence and against British rule.

Just a name. He was a leader of nothing. His sole purpose was to draw media attention.

Great contemporary quote about Gandhi was from Nehru

"It costs millions to keep Gandhi in poverty"

Gandhi was a fraud.

Just a name. He was a leader of nothing. His sole purpose was to draw media attention.

Great contemporary quote about Gandhi was from Nehru

"It costs millions to keep Gandhi in poverty"

Gandhi was a fraud.

lols

i guess being the major force behind india's independence is just not good enough for dancer.

if only gandhi had not criticized zionism, then maybe dancer wouldn't be so pissed of at gandhi.

lols

i guess being the major force behind india's independence is just not good enough for dancer.

if only gandhi had not criticized zionism, then maybe dancer wouldn't be so pissed of at gandhi.

He wqas certainl'y a force. He was far from bieng the only one. Congress and The Muslim league played the major cards including violence. Gandhi though was their poster boy, their Timmy, sort of like you.

I think what bothers me most about the pedophile Gandhi was his support of the Nazis and his work to hamper the war effort against the Nazis.

He wqas certainl'y a force. He was far from bieng the only one. Congress and The Muslim league played the major cards including violence. Gandhi though was their poster boy, their Timmy, sort of like you.

I think what bothers me most about the pedophile Gandhi was his support of the Nazis and his work to hamper the war effort against the Nazis.

right.

now you're claiming that gandhi supported the nazis.

you're fucked.

right.

now you're claiming that gandhi supported the nazis.

you're fucked.

Get back to me when you find out what his posituon was on the second world war. You're reasons for admiring him are ever so clear.

Wanted the jews to kill themsleves

didn't want hitler stopped....

Get back to me when you find out what his posituon was on the second world war. You're reasons for admiring him are ever so clear.

Wanted the jews to kill themsleves

didn't want hitler stopped....

Gandhi's opposition to violence of any kind was well known. He was naive in believeing that non-violence was the response to Hitler, but that's not the same as support for him.

It is little known, but Gandhi wrote two letters to Hitler, one in August 1939 asking him to do everything possible to avoid the war, the other in December 1941 asking him to stop the war and embrance Gandhian non-violence. That he sent those letters proves how little Gnadhi understood of the real evil of Hitler and his plans. But both his appeals to Hitler and his refusal to condone the war against Germany were consistent with his total opposition to any violence. And in his second letter, he makes it very clear that he and his followers cannot wish Germany's victory.