Does someone have something on Palin?

Maybe you should try the same thing.

Anyways, punked is just part of the same ilk that hit rock-bottom today. This was from the Huffington Post...

Palin Will Run In '12 On More Retardation Platform

In Sarah Palin's resignation announcement she complained about the treatment of her son Trig who always teaches her life lessons. She said that the world needs more Trigs, not fewer. That's a presidential campaign promise we can all get behind. She will be the first politician to actually try to increase the population of retarded people. To me, it's kinda like saying the world needs more cancer patients because they teach us so much.

Link

Is it any wonder she had a second thought about a career in national politics? Knowing that her family would be subjected to this kind of treatment. Once again, I'm sure we all know what would happen to anyone who treated Sasha and Malia in a similar fashion. And I haven't heard as much as a whisper spoken about them, even by the disgusting Hannity's and Limbaugh's of the world.

I see it was great when you guys were doing this to Hilary for 20 years but now that shoe is on the other foot.......

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take.

I just listened to her make her resignation speech and I think she has signed on as CEO of a teleprompter service and wants Barack Obama to take a look.

Seriously, I think she wants a divorce - From the Republican party. She will run as an independent in 2012. She will deliver on Obama's promise of "Change we can believe in" after he fails.

Frankly, I think it is a brilliant move, if indeed I am correct. If I am wrong then it is too bad - I could have looked brilliant.

The rumour now is a Palin in tied up in an Embezzlement scandal and an indictment might be coming soon.

Alaskan Sarah Palin authority (and occasional BRAD BLOG guest blogger) Shannyn Moore, who broke the news at HuffPo today, tells me she believes, with good reason, that there is an "iceberg scandal that's about to break. She's doing damage control."

She says Palin is "resigning as part of damage control" due to a scandal that is "not of a family nature." ...

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7280

Just a rumour right now but it has to be something. She is not doing this to run in 2012 and she isn't doing it becuase of the media. That is silly I kept hearing she was a "fighter" all through out the presidential run.

Seriously, I think she wants a divorce - From the Republican party. She will run as an independent in 2012.
Would never work in this country, for about 539 reasons.

OK the rumour of the "iceberg embezzlement" scandal seems to be starting to come together republicans. I could be wrong but what I am reading is that her house was constructed with materials that were suppose to be used to construct the sports stadium she build while mayor. Does this make sense? Sounds like a crime to me?

Looks like the story first broke on the Daily Kos, wow?

Kos is reporting:

"Here's a quote I got from law enforcement here in Alaska yesterday afternoon regarding Palin "a criminal indictment is pending authorization."

WOW just as republicans get ready for 2010.

Non of this is confirmed and maybe I will eat my words but after the weekend the fireworks might start. I bet if it happens soon it happens Tuesday becuase Jackson will eat up all the media that day.

Edited by punked

OK the rumour of the "iceberg embezzlement" scandal seems to be starting to come together republicans. I could be wrong but what I am reading is that her house was constructed with materials that were suppose to be used to construct the sports stadium she build while mayor. Does this make sense? Sounds like a crime to me?
Ask Glen Clark, former NDP Premier of BC.

Would never work in this country, for about 539 reasons.

It definitely hasn't worked in the past. But are people getting tired of the same old, same old. Obama promised change but it seems like change he can believe in. Washington needs to clean house. Partisan politics is not working in the interest of Americans. Obama is proving to be nothing but a political spendthrift. Americans are getting tired of that, in my opinion.

I could be all wrong of course and the Daily Kos could be right. Ha, ha, ha, think of that! The Daily Kos "right"!

It definitely hasn't worked in the past. But are people getting tired of the same old, same old. Obama promised change but it seems like change he can believe in. Washington needs to clean house. Partisan politics is not working in the interest of Americans. Obama is proving to be nothing but a political spendthrift. Americans are getting tired of that, in my opinion.

I could be all wrong of course and the Daily Kos could be right. Ha, ha, ha, think of that! The Daily Kos "right"!

The problem with running as an independent is that the U.S. Presidential race is 51 separate races. Too much has to go right in too many places for an independent to win.

No.

The Constitution has procedures for admitting states, and none for secession. That strongly implies that secession is not allowed.

Remember also, Alaska came in as the equivalent of a "have-not" state with profound poverty and backwardness. The worm turned in 1977 with the opening of Prudhoe Bay. You don't get to renegotiate your application for Statehood when circumstances make independence preferable to statehood.

Your country should similarly have no truck with separatism.

Texas can secede.

Looks like the story first broke on the Daily Kos, wow?

Kos is reporting:

"Here's a quote I got from law enforcement here in Alaska yesterday afternoon regarding Palin "a criminal indictment is pending authorization."

WOW just as republicans get ready for 2010.

Non of this is confirmed and maybe I will eat my words but after the weekend the fireworks might start. I bet if it happens soon it happens Tuesday becuase Jackson will eat up all the media that day.

Is this just more PDS or is this fact. I would think she's too principalled for something like this. I do know the left hates her like no other politician, so I can understand the left wing conspiracy sites getting cranked up.

I think they found out that she is..........competant and honest!She is clearly much more intelligent than the liberal media makes her out to be.From the left wing perspective,this is unforgivable.

Rumours have it that she is about to be indicted for taking bribes to influence contracts beginning in her days as mayor of Wassilla, among other thing. If so, then it explains her rather disjointed speech announcing she is stepping down. Could well be the US dodged a bullet when McCain lost.

Is this just more PDS or is this fact. I would think she's too principalled for something like this. I do know the left hates her like no other politician, so I can understand the left wing conspiracy sites getting cranked up.

It's not a rumour. Did you catch her resignation speech? I've seen more coherence from a meth-head after a 7 day binge. She obviously had to resign for some scandalous reason; seems that reason doesn’t involve hiking, but rather an indictment focused on who built and paid for Casa Palin .

Non of this is confirmed

Why don't you take your own advice, and stop the spinning? While you're doing that, please stop editing all of your posts after the fact. I've noticed a couple of things that I wanted to quote you on have magically disappeared. How convenient. Looks like somebody has their own ethics problem, except yours is real and not made up. Your sources (DailyKos), can't be described as even a little objective. And if I'm not mistaken, aren't they the same people who "broke" the story that Karl Rove was gong to be indicted by Fitzgerald. Swing and a miss.

Why don't you take your own advice, and stop the spinning? While you're doing that, please stop editing all of your posts after the fact. I've noticed a couple of things that I wanted to quote you on have magically disappeared. How convenient. Looks like somebody has their own ethics problem, except yours is real and not made up. Your sources (DailyKos), can't be described as even a little objective. And if I'm not mistaken, aren't they the same people who "broke" the story that Karl Rove was gong to be indicted by Fitzgerald. Swing and a miss.

I don't know there might be something too this. MSNBC and CNN are now also mentioning the possibility of an indictment coming also. Hit the reply button if you want to quote me on something most of my edits are spelling mistakes I catch after the fact rarely do I change a post you just want something to change the topic from your savour being dishonest.

"Don't blame me I voted for a criminal" AM I RIGHT?

If she wanted to take a run at the white house, why couldn't she finish her term in 2010? That would give her more legitimacy as a leader who sticks to it, not this which looks like cutting and running. And she's wining about how the press treat her unfairly. I agree to some extent, but she also gives them plenty of ammo to have fun with, which sells tabloids.

Her exit speech was very strange, she seemed extremely excited and spoke quickly. But maybe thats normal for her. Why wasn't she clear about her intentions, instead of leaving this impression of secrecy? That only fuels the conspiracy theorists and creates more tabloid gossip. Her style makes her vulnerable and does not help her come across, as someone to be taken seriously.

She also chose late on a Friday afternoon to make the announcement, a time thats often used to help bury the story a bit, over the weekend.

I think they found out that she is..........competant and honest!She is clearly much more intelligent than the liberal media makes her out to be.From the left wing perspective,this is unforgivable.

She's a vacuous mouth-breather, and it would be far better for American conservatives if she disappeared from sight permanently. Her making a strong run for the ticket next time around only guarantees Obama 4 more years.

It's very odd that Palin would choose not to fulfill her responsiblities and complete her term if she planned on continuing a career in politics. Such blatant hubris rarely plays well with voters. If she were serious about running in 2012, I think she would have been much better off finishing her term. It certainly makes you wonder what she's thinking.

Then again, the reason she gave in her speech is that she wanted to call off the dogs in the ethics investigation against her. I guess she had a lot to hide.

Why is it so unusual for her to leave before her time as governor was up?If she wants more time to prepare for what lies ahead than more power to her.I seem to recall a person that became a Senator then promptly started to campaign for the Presidency.He devoted most of his time to furthering his career and not his constituents.Was it ethical for him and others like him to still collect a paycheck for not doing his job?

By the way,things worked out for this guy,he ended up in the White House.

With the exception of George W.Bush,has there ever been another U.S. politician that has been under such scrutiny or endured so many vicious,unsubstanciated attacks from the decidedly liberal media as much as Sarah Palin?What is it about her that so angers/terrifies the left?

She's a vacuous mouth-breather, and it would be far better for American conservatives if she disappeared from sight permanently. Her making a strong run for the ticket next time around only guarantees Obama 4 more years.

A real Canadian perspective!

Obama is getting less popular over time.

Complete nonsense.

A "vacuous mouth-breather", from a modest background, with little power, doesn't work and be elected to city council. And doesn't work and be elected mayor. And doesn't work and be elected governor.

With the exception of George W.Bush,has there ever been another U.S. politician that has been under such scrutiny or endured so many vicious,unsubstanciated attacks from the decidedly liberal media as much as Sarah Palin?

Definitely not. I don't think I've ever seen a politician accused of try to increase the number of retarded people, as the leftwingers over at Huffington Post did yesterday. It's insane. And many here are apart of that crowd/ilk.

What is it about her that so angers/terrifies the left?

Government is always a great source of scandal. You can always find a story there. Palin would make Government less of a snakepit.

I may be a little naive in my point of view but I think Palin is stepping down to divest herself of any Republican connection.

After the election there seemed to be some bitterness between the McCain camp and Palin. McCain when asked who should run for the Republican leadership avoided naming her as a potential candidate. He has disagreements with her obviously. But McCain is a bureaucrat and a member of the political elite in America. I doubt he wants the change in Washington that Palin is talking about. The old Rep/Dem partisan game is how McCain envisions politics.

Palin will get attacked by the media most definitely. Backstabbing, double-dealing, political pork and privilege is what the media is about.

What Palin says is what she believes. The American people is what made America not it's government. It's government has now grown to the size where it has taken over and is telling the American people what is best and is no longer the servant of the people.

I think the left-wing media knows it can't stand competition and sides with government in determining what the public should and should not be informed of. It wants a monopoly on the news and thinks it knows what the public wants to hear instead of seeing that the nation is tuning out. I suppose a lot of their news decisions has to do with advertising revenues. Who is advertising in the left-wing media? Drug companies, who have an interest in socialized medicine? They do a lot of advertising.

Anyway, Palin, in my view, isn't a shifty-eyed public relations person telling people what they want to hear. she is speaking from her point of view, obviously. She's not hiding behind what she thinks is popular. She is stating her mind - which is not the popular liberal media refrain.

Listening to her is refreshing. I don't agree with her on all her points but I enjoy her openness. I hope she doesn't become tarnished and purely political in her approach.