Michael Jackson Fakes Death

The King of Pop is dead...or at least wants us to think so...

(CNN) -- Michael Jackson, the show-stopping singer whose best-selling albums -- including "Off the Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" -- and electrifying stage presence made him one of the most popular artists of all time, died Thursday, CNN has confirmed.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/2...kson/index.html

The King of Pop is dead...or at least wants us to think so...

(CNN) -- Michael Jackson, the show-stopping singer whose best-selling albums -- including "Off the Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" -- and electrifying stage presence made him one of the most popular artists of all time, died Thursday, CNN has confirmed.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/2...kson/index.html

To me he died when he started the cosmetic surgery. His music was never the same again.

Weirdness and legal problems aside, I was utterly mesmerized by Michael Jackson's singing, dancing and on stage antics. Heck, he bested Elvis' pelvic gyrations by unashamedly grabbing his crotch in your face in the middle of a number. That's when I knew Jackson's star would rise even higher. :lol:

In the mid to late eighties, at the age of 40, I was in the prime of my life and had the world by the tail. Jackson's music energized me and I could dance all night to the music of Thriller and Billy Jean. Even my teenage boys were into it. Jackson's hits were the only music we ever enjoyed together. When I hear Jackson's tunes of that era, I am nostalgic.

In his prime, a quarter-century ago, there was something weightless about Michael Jackson, in the way he danced, and especially in the way that his voice seemed to float into a region not easily attained by others, without losing its pressurized tension and energy. In his magical rise and steep fall, he was the Icarus of R&B-based popular music.

---

He has no real current equivalent. Nobody can claim the kind of dominance he held in the mid-eighties, when he was the musician everyone watched out for, the one whose next move was the subject of intense, excited speculation. He was way up there, high in the sky by himself, and all we could do was watch and listen in wonder.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/j...article1197762/

And to b_c2004, take it from me, the dude is dead. Or is he? :unsure:

Hmmm, not only did Micheal Jackson die but also Farrah Fawcett. She died Thursday after a long struggle with cancer, thats a true shame.

Yes, Angus. I'm very sad Ms. Fawcett had such a long struggle. A quick and sudden exit is so much easier for all concerned, especially the departing.

You know better than that....M.J. will live on forever.

In my mortal mind, he sure will.

I think I will wear a single glove to work tomorrow! :lol:

You remind me, I actually bought my son a MJ glove at the time. The thing had powers. When my kid wore it, he was breakdancing and doing the moon walk all over the place. He was a big hit at a wedding we attended. Today, he gets red faced when we view the video.

About the glove, remember, it has to be covered in shiny transparent beads to qualify as an authentic.

Call me cold and callous, but I couldn't give a rats ass about Wacko Jacko moonwalking off this mortal coil. The guy was a freak in so many ways, IMHO it a greater pity that he didn't pop off sooner.. As for his music.....it sucked.....god I still have nightmares of Thiller being played over and over again on the radio.

At least Farrah Fawcett attempted to do some good with her fame and fortune, especially about the spousal abuse issue. Whereas Wacko was just a narcissistic freak with a strange taste for young boys that bordered on pedophilia. Wacko Jacko's passing is no loss to the world or humanity, indeed it probably is a blessing to both.

Tasteless Joke 2:

Micheal Jackson is proof that the American dream works. I mean, where else could a poor black boy grow to become a rich white woman......

Hmmm, not only did Micheal Jackson die but also Farrah Fawcett. She died Thursday after a long struggle with cancer, thats a true shame.

Farah Fawcett did a major service by publicizing colorectal cancer, which took my father in January 1973, when I was 15. As for Michael Jackson....

In Memorium, Good Riddence to Bad Rubbish, or Pick on Someone Your Own Size

The fact that Michael Jackson was able to outsell many legitimate artists cuts no ice with me. The fact that he stood the recording industry on its head by creating the greed that destroyed it was not his worst misdeed.

I am a father of a 13 year old and a mildly autistic almost 12 year old. Michael Jackson's charisma earned the trust and respect not only of children about that age, but of their parents, many of them Mr. Jackson's contemporaries. Some of this trust was earned not only through charisma, but through so-called good works as "We Are the World" (link)1. It was a trust he badly abused.

His sexual trysts with young boys no doubt traumatized them severely. At the very least it had to hurt their respect for adult maturity and judgment. At worst it may have scarred them for life.

Pedophilia is a low, low form of life. It is inexcusable, no matter how it is, in some politically correct manner, dressed up.

May Michael Jackson rot.

1The Canadian answer to this, "Tears Are Not Enough" (link) was far better.

Edited by jbg

Call me cold and callous, but I couldn't give a rats ass about Wacko Jacko moonwalking off this mortal coil. The guy was a freak in so many ways, IMHO it a greater pity that he didn't pop off sooner.. As for his music.....it sucked.....god I still have nightmares of Thiller being played over and over again on the radio.

Your homage has been noted.....even if negative. Even you couldn't escape the King of Pop.

Thanks for giving your opinion Sabre. It goes to show Jackson's passing evokes emotions spanning from appreciation of his music to disgust at his lifestyle to the shadow of pedophilia hanging over his head. Jackson was pushed into a life of fame which eventually collapsed into a dark abyss. No one would want to go there.

Some horrible person remarked "Gee, and I thought Farrah Fawcett would be the most famous white woman to die today."

-k

If it is tasteless to laugh, then I apologize for laughing at this. But then again, I laugh at the things that no one else does, and that makes me a jerk somehow, but then I even laugh at that.

After his death, the first thing that came to my mind was... oh crap South Park is gonna do anotehr MJ show.

First of all I extend my condolences to actual friends and family of Michel Jackson.

My first thought at his death was that everyone was probably better off - including him. My second thought was annoyance at the obsessive media coverage. There are plenty of other things I consider to be more newsworthy. I have this gut feeling that two days ago most people thought he was (or had become) a weird little twerp who probably fiddled around with kids. Now that he is dead there seem to be masses who love him again. Whoever he was in life does not change because of death. His friends and family are surely grieving but I don't understand why so many others are.

Edited by Tawasakm

..... Now that he is dead there seem to be masses who love him again. Whoever he was in life does not change because of death. His friends and family are surely grieving but I don't understand why so many others are.

Because Michael Jackson epitomizes the very concept of pop culture and the American hegemon that seems to drive the other stories that have been temporarily displaced by his death. He has sucked up a lot of bandwidth in the news cycle because that sells better than Kim fiddling with crude A-bombs.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

So Obama has now sent his condolences to the Jackson family. No word, though, if he sent them one of his tasteless gifts like a DVD set or maybe hardcover versions of his books, signed to Michael.

What a joke - the guy dies of a heart attack while in the presense of his own private cardiologist..Thats like your head exploding while you have a brain surgeon over --- I remember when they autopsied Howard Hughs --- they found about 30 broken off syringes in his body -- must be nice to be so rich and important that you can say ---"Doc get over here - I need another shot of the good stuff...what a disgrace - so rich you can have professionals come by and kill you - even suicide can be paid for in advance - the whole thing stinks -- and as a friend said --- Jackson was a fine black kid - and now he will be back to black in a couple of days...dark humor?

Liza Marie has said on her blog, that Michael had too many problems and she tried to help but she couldn't and had to leave. Michael had told her he would probably ended up like her father , Elvis. He owed 400 MIL was getting paid 500MI for the tour but I don't think he could physically do it and was taking pain killers for the physical pain from his past years of dancing. I hate to see anyone died especially like Farrah from cancer but I think both are in a better place and his kids will hopefully have a near normal life.

Liza Marie has said on her blog, that Michael had too many problems and she tried to help but she couldn't and had to leave. Michael had told her he would probably ended up like her father , Elvis. He owed 400 MIL was getting paid 500MI for the tour but I don't think he could physically do it and was taking pain killers for the physical pain from his past years of dancing. I hate to see anyone died especially like Farrah from cancer but I think both are in a better place and his kids will hopefully have a near normal life.

Once you become a comodity the world trades you about like a piece of meat. YES Jackson was one of the best songg and dance men since the guys out of the 40s - but he was also a product of art - or artifice - or artificalness...as for his sexuality - no one will ever know what he was truely made of - whether he was a true pedophile or not - or whether the world busted his balls to the point of being a sexual dysfunctional.

Sad part about it is this poor man was in the worst poverty that a human being could be in - he did not have one single friend in the world - not one..not one to lift him up or look him in the eye and tell him the truth..when social glory and money are worshiped like a god in the world - a human being with spirit fights against the grain - he finally lost.