US at war with Canada Geese

Kill 'em. Get them down to a much reduceced size, they are causing much engine damage and endangering lives. Glad you watch Hannity.

Don't these geese have natural predators? They can be a real pain in the ass this time of year because of all the gosling gaggles. Goose turds are everywhere.

Don't they like Canada?

Don't these geese have natural predators? They can be a real pain in the ass this time of year because of all the gosling gaggles. Goose turds are everywhere.

Don't they like Canada?

There's tons of them here too. I've never seen anything like it this year. Just insane. Almost hit 2 of them while on a winding highway the other week.

Yes you'd think their natural predators would off these geese to a manageable level. Not sure what they are though. Wolves & coyotes??

There's tons of them here too. I've never seen anything like it this year. Just insane. Almost hit 2 of them while on a winding highway the other week.....

Roger that.....Mommy and Daddy Goose think nothing of walking across a six lane interstate highway....with eight kids in tow. Now I have to admit they are very impressive up close and personal (big frickin' birds), but they will hiss and bite even if I just want to pass on a walking path.

Gun laws are reducung the biggest predator - man.

Ducks Unlimited is very successful

Expanded seasons and increased bag limits in the west have not reduced the Canada and Snow Goose populations.

Hunting license sales have dropped dramatically - no one kills them any more - we used to take a couple hundred per family in my old town for use over the winter - now the family has no guns and does not hunt - nearly all country folk have put their firearms in the closet and cannot buy ammo without a licence.

Not one family kills them now - they buy all their food at one of our stores or from our ranch.

Wolves and coyotes? That is a laugh - very small predator kill from them.

Rats with wings and one one taking them down - man made issue

Taste damned good though

2000 is not enough - they need to kill the permanent population - those that live there year round

Borg

Edited by Borg

I say the geese, the ducks and all other birds have seniority over the skies, they were there first! I can't see a Canada Goose walking to South America! Man has other ways to travel.

There are times they cannot fly - and their numbers have increased due to agriculture and water development and a serious reduction in hunting.

A huge number are now permanent residents - they do not migrate - kill them all and they will come back with a vengance in a few years - never ending cycle

Borh

If it was not for Canada and out fat flying turkeys - American civilian airmen could not be heros - geese generate miracles - it's a Canadian tradition...to bad the birds sit about drinking and eating all sorts of human waste - it makes them un-eatable - but in an emergency -----------------we have enough flying protein to tie over the nutritial needs of a city ----and besides if there ever was a minor nuclear attack on the nation - we would have Christmas dinners falling from the sky perfectly cooked.. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Roger that.....Mommy and Daddy Goose think nothing of walking across a six lane interstate highway....with eight kids in tow. Now I have to admit they are very impressive up close and personal (big frickin' birds), but they will hiss and bite even if I just want to pass on a walking path.

Biting and hissing? That the least of your problems re: Canadian Geese. Those mean bastards can break bones with their wings and absolutely fear nothing not even dogs. Years ago, a fellow Naval Reservist and I were basically baby sitting some Navy League Cadets during their sports day when a couple of the little ankle biters got too close to Momma & Poppa Canada and their gosling's. The Geese went after the kids, buddy and I scooped them up and ran for it, buddy wasn't so lucky and got clipped on the lower leg by a wing swat, suffering a hair line fracture of his fibula. Lucky others from the unit arrived and chased the geese off before any major damage was done.

Come to think about it, all geese are nasty beasts. My old man once got stuck a tree for a couple of hours after being attack by a farm goose. Every time he tried to get down, the bloody goose would charge him. Mean bastards the lot of them.

Yup, goose guts and fighter jet parts scattered all over the landscape. Wonder if it is possible to get a missile lock on a goose????

You can try, but the UGDF (United Goose Defence Forces) will employ their best countermeasures. So far we have a pretty good track record. Current research project is Smart Poopbombs.

You know, 140 years ago goose was a dish in demand....know they are pests and vermon...but protected for some reason.

They should be rounded up, sent to abatoirs and given to food banks to feed the poor. At the same time high end reataurants should alos be encouraged to put goose on the menu to encourage status consumption.

You know, 140 years ago goose was a dish in demand....know they are pests and vermon...but protected for some reason.

They should be rounded up, sent to abatoirs and given to food banks to feed the poor. At the same time high end reataurants should alos be encouraged to put goose on the menu to encourage status consumption.

Ever try goose? Its bloody greasy, make even the greasiest chicken look like over dried jerky.

Yea they hate those things down there. Fly south and poop all over the place. Breed like rabbits.

We are supposed to revere them but Americans look at them like rats. I don't blame them.

I was at a lake last weekend and they shat everywhere. I remember a few years ago it was like one family. Then all of a sudden this year they are wlakingg around aggresively hissing at people and shitting all over the place.

Time for an old fashioned bird killin'. :lol:

Ever try goose? Its bloody greasy, make even the greasiest chicken look like over dried jerky.

Yes, that's right, we don't taste good at all. Greasy and gamy. Do not want. Move on, leave the gooses alone, nothing to see here....

My wife and I were besieged for an hour one time @ Kickininee Park by a gang of thuggish Canada Geese (and other varieties) + numerous Malards. They wanted wanted the buns from our Burger King. There was another variety of bird there...small like a sparrow...that my wife calls 'Pokey-Bum birds'...as that's exactly what they do.

They work in pairs...one will fly at top speed into the rear-end of a goose with some food in its mouth while the other waits to swoop the prize that is dropped from the goosed-goose's beak. Pretty amazing team work.