MP's secret meetings

All four parties held secret meetings and voted to exempt cash and benefits they get from political parties and ridings from restrictions and public disclosure under the House of Commons conflict -of-interest code. I not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but like anything, a loop hole for abuse will probably appear later. http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2009/...702396-sun.html

All four parties held secret meetings and voted to exempt cash and benefits they get from political parties and ridings from restrictions and public disclosure under the House of Commons conflict -of-interest code. I not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but like anything, a loop hole for abuse will probably appear later. http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2009/...702396-sun.html

One step forward and two steps back?

Accountability, my eye.

When will Canadians finally say, enough of these charlatans and rogues?

It's the death of representative democracy. They can accept payments from anybody, even other parties, to vote for or against issues in the house. They don't need to reveal these "gifts" to their constituents, or even vote the way the people in their riding want. Whoever has the bucks, can buy these politicians.

Accountability, my eye.

When will Canadians finally say, enough of these charlatans and rogues?

It's the death of representative democracy. They can accept payments from anybody, even other parties, to vote for or against issues in the house. They don't need to reveal these "gifts" to their constituents, or even vote the way the people in their riding want. Whoever has the bucks, can buy these politicians.

This new rules they voted for themselves, its reported that this is what is doing in the Parliament in England and sources are asking for Brown to step down. Is this how we get rid of Harper and his gang?

This new rules they voted for themselves, its reported that this is what is doing in the Parliament in England and sources are asking for Brown to step down. Is this how we get rid of Harper and his gang?

Harper is not a conservative - He is a nothing - just a high school nerd boy that failed attempting to get into the NHL - who is a lot like former premier Harris - who is nothing but a failed golfer...who the powers that be - set in motion as puppets - I am tired and sick of having some weird shadow government that rule from the back room - who are slowly proving themselves to be fanatics - I have nothing against a good and solid wise shadow government - but not if they are nuts..We had better see some good rule from Harper soon or we are going to have to un-elect the un-elected... :lol:

Did you not get that the other parties want and support this too......it shows the character of all the political parties.