'Israeli police have shut down a Palestinian theatre'

dub

uhm. we're talking about the arabs not being able to build houses in east jerusalem while the others (who happen to be jews) are able to.

talking about the jews is sort of unavoidable, don't you think, dude?

It's not just Jews and Arabs....you should get out more.

don't confuse indifference with making excuses and trying to justify something that is obviously wrong.

I am trying to justify anything....that would be a stupid waste of time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm. we're talking about the arabs not being able to build houses in east jerusalem while the others (who happen to be jews) are able to.

talking about the jews is sort of unavoidable, don't you think, dude?

don't confuse indifference with making excuses and trying to justify something that is obviously wrong.

huh?

the situation in east jerusalem is about jews and arabs.

you are trying to justify it.

you're trying to excuse an obvious push by israel to rid east jerusalem of the palestinian population by saying it's due to "substandard housing" that the houses are being demolished while side-stepping the issue of the occupier's refusal to give building permits to the palestinains.

you're not indifferent. don't lie.

i guess this indifference of yours helps you deal with the fact that, as an american, over $3billion/year of your tax money is going to another country and not to improve your infrastructure and education system.

The rightwing has no use for "literature"... now if they would have shut down a gun show the right wing would protesting in the streets; beers and misspelled signs and all.

Books are for sissies according to the illiterate. Only meterosexual men and brainy (read unsexy) women read books.

Israel deserves to be slapped about for a bit for this, imo.

Edited by Drea

huh?

the situation in east jerusalem is about jews and arabs.

No, that is not correct. You are missing others.

you are trying to justify it.

Why would I need to justify it? Hell, I can't even build a deck without a permit, and I live in the USA! :lol:

you're trying to excuse an obvious push by israel to rid east jerusalem of the palestinian population by saying it's due to "substandard housing" that the houses are being demolished while side-stepping the issue of the occupier's refusal to give building permits to the palestinains.

That was a joke...lighten up Francis.

you're not indifferent. don't lie.

I will not cry with you, but feel free to go right ahead....here is a tissue.

i guess this indifference of yours helps you deal with the fact that, as an american, over $3billion/year of your tax money is going to another country and not to improve your infrastructure and education system.

Nope.....it's about $14 billion.....including Egypt, Jordan, and Palestine. But that's chump change to us.

The rightwing has no use for "literature"... now if they would have shut down a gun show the right wing would protesting in the streets; beers and misspelled signs and all.

Books are for sissies according to the illiterate. Only meterosexual men and brainy (read unsexy) women read books.

Israel deserves to be slapped about for a bit for this, imo.

Israel being the strongest and most modern armed military in the region, i don t really think anybody is going to slap them around!

But one can always hope Wulf. ;-)

Without the USA's billions of dollars injected into Israel's defense they would not have the "most modern military in the world". Whatever Israel does lies squarely on the shoulders of all U.S. citizens.

Take responsibility USA! YOU are the one's handing out the money, you are the ones directly responsible for every atrocity committed by Israel.

Edited by Drea

Without the USA's billions of dollars injected into Israel's defense they would not have the "most modern military in the world". Whatever Israel does lies squarely on the shoulders of all U.S. citizens.

Take responsibility USA! YOU are the one's handing out the money, you are the ones directly responsible for every atrocity committed by Israel.

Drea!

Do you really think anyone in the west cares what Israel does to the Arabs??? After 9/11 America and Canada could care less......Islamic terrorists have turned the west completely against them and that is their own doing. Israel has a right to defend itself against crazy murderous Islamic animals!

Israel's defense budget for 2008 was about $15 billion, or 9% of GDP. They would still have the best military in the region without USA aid. US citizens do not draft budgets or sign off on appropriations.

Sure, just as soon as you take responsibility for what your government has done/will do.

crazy murderous Islamic animals!

Well if dehumanizing people makes you feel good about yourself, you go right ahead.

But remember -- karma is a biatch! What comes around goes around.

FYI, I care about people... many of us do. Thankfully, otherwise this would be a helluva crappy world if people (yes, I consider you "person", not an "animal", even though your words and behaviour are "savagelike" in their venom and simplicity) like you were the majority.

Most people care about one another. Good thing.

Cheers!

And the Arabs get their weapons from where? The weapon fairy??

Last I looked, the Arabs were armed with Soviet/Chinese/Iranian weapons. Back before the fall of the Soviet Union (remember then??), the Arabs got all their top-of-the-line weapons for free from the Russians. Here's an interesting statistic for you as well: during the last Gaza shoot-out, the vast majority of Israeli APCs (armoured personnel carriers) were "Tirans" which are old Arab T-55 and T-62 tanks converted over to Israeli use after being captured during the Yom Kippur War (an Arab surprise attack). Seems the Arabs were handing out stuff at some point...hey?

Edited by DogOnPorch

YES! The weapons fairy is the USA.... duh!

They've been supplying both sides of every conflict on earth from the get go.

So yes, the arabs (booga booga!) get their weapons from the same place Israel gets them.

Gotta keep the war machine going dontcha know -- can't have peace, it doesn't require weapons OR money. Pffft. :rolleyes:

Karma will get all of you haters in the end. Bwahhaha.

So yes, the arabs (booga booga!) get their weapons from the same place Israel gets them.

Gotta keep the war machine going dontcha know -- can't have peace, it doesn't require weapons OR money. Pffft. :rolleyes:

You're right out to lunch, it seems.

The Arabs get their weapons from the Russians for the most part. The Chinese and Iranians for the lesser part. Just instead of 'for free', they must now buy their Russian weapons like any other group. The Arabs miss their Sugar Daddy.

From my POV, you're the 'hater'.

Well if dehumanizing people makes you feel good about yourself, you go right ahead.

But remember -- karma is a biatch! What comes around goes around.

FYI, I care about people... many of us do. Thankfully, otherwise this would be a helluva crappy world if people (yes, I consider you "person", not an "animal", even though your words and behaviour are "savagelike" in their venom and simplicity) like you were the majority.

Most people care about one another. Good thing.

Cheers!

Well in case you haven t noticed we are at war with a "people" as you call them who like to slowly cut off hostages heads in front of a camera...stone girls and women for simply reading a book! kill ANYONE who doesn t conform to Islam............yeah in my eyes their animals and i hope to God our Soldiers and the Americans kill every damn one of them! Muslim extremist must be totally wiped out without mercy or hesitation....the Israeli's understand this .......we in the West are going to have to understand this as well if we are going to win this thing!

Even Pakistan's Army has realized what a threat these creatures are and are killing them in mass...now the Taliban is being squeezed between Pakistan's Army and Nato Forces and are being wiped out completely!

(see link) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...nts-killed.html

and Don t worry unless Iran smartens up Israel will give them a nasty surprise soon too!!

Edited by wulf42

Really??? i wasn t aware that we supplied AK-47'S or T-72 Main Battle Tanks to other countries or even made any?? but hey if you say so!

Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr. , Clinton, and Obama too.

Nobel Peace Prizes can be expensive.

Canada didn't get one! :lol:

No, two:

http://modern-canadian-history.suite101.co...earson_diplomat

http://communications.uvic.ca/uvicinfo/ann...ment.php?id=201

And your point was ... ???

It's war that is expensive, not peace. The $3b the US sends to Israel would be better directed to peace efforts instead of contributing to arms.

Then perhaps they wouldn't have to be so sensitive about a friggen literary festival. :rolleyes:

Drea: US ... "the weapons fairy" ... :D

Something tells me the Cheney et all war profiteers won't like being called 'fairies'. :D

Edited by tango

And your point was ... ???

Excellent...no Suez Crisis settlement without US muscle and threats to the UK. Try again.....

It's war that is expensive, not peace. The $3b the US sends to Israel would be better directed to peace efforts instead of contributing to arms.

Nonsense....US billions are already used for economic, military, and humanitarian aid all around the world. Must be another "Joooooooo" thing, eh?

Excellent...no Suez Crisis settlement without US muscle and threats to the UK. Try again.....

That would have been another US debacle a la Vietnam, without Canadian diplomacy.

Might is just one tool of diplomacy, not a solution in itself.

Nonsense....US billions are already used for economic, military, and humanitarian aid all around the world. Must be another "Joooooooo" thing, eh?

Nope, it's an Israel 'thing'.

You know, the country that killed hundreds of Gazan civilians, calling them "terrorists" because "they were still there" (having no place to run to)?

I know and respect Jews who protest Israel's actions - "Not in our name!" - and the soldiers who spoke out against the orders they were given.

You should try speaking out against aggression in your own country, b-c. You'll be among the majority for a change! :D

Because you know ... your views don't represent the US people, only the war profiteers.

Edited by tango

That would have been another US debacle a la Vietnam, without Canadian diplomacy.

Might is just one tool of diplomacy, not a solution in itself.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Ike and the Suez Crisis.

Nope, it's an Israel 'thing'.

You know, the country that killed hundreds of Gazan civilians, calling them "terrorists" because "they were still there" (having no place to run to)?

Dead Israelis don't run so good either.

I know and respect Jews who protest Israel's actions - "Not in our name!" - and the soldiers who spoke out against the orders they were given.

Orders were still executed. I have more respect for Rachel Corrie....talk is cheap.

You should try speaking out against aggression in your own country, b-c. You'll be among the majority for a change! :D

Because you know ... your views don't represent the US people, only the war profiteers.

In the end, they are one and the same, and have been for over 200 years. I don't have to be part of a majority for validation.

Excellent point, bc-2004. That really marked the USA's move to global superpower when Ike told both France and Britain to back down least they devalue their currency by dumping Marshall Plan war bonds.

nobody gives a rat's patooie what the US did back three generations ago. TODAY is what counts and TODAY they ARE or they FACILITATE the worst butchers on earth.

Israel and US apologists ---> pfffft! :lol:

Agrue semantics all you like the USA and Israel still suck. Ha ha ha