If a major war breaks out between US and China, which country should C

If war breaks out between US and China, which country should Canada back?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A China-US war might possibly break out in the future if the Taiwan issue gets out of hand (fortunately, mainland basher Chen-Shui Bian has been removed from office), in which case Canada would probably be asked to lend a hand.

On one hand, we have our old friend the United States, which would probably back and help Taiwan, on the other, we have the Asian stronghold China.

If such a scenario occurs, which side should Canada back?

Edited by 1967100

Yep we have to support China ,it`s the only moral thing to do. After all where are we going to get forced organ donations from prisoners. Remember Tinaminen Square ,and all those rowdy students that forced the government to slaughter them! Then there is the jailing of and murder ,um er convictions of the Falun Gong religion! Then of course there is that pesky little island Taiwan ,who practice free elections. We can`t have democracy and freedom for any Chinese now can we. I could go on of course, I could look at the persecutions the history of China, but I am sure the mass slaughters were all for the common good in the great step forward by that beloved Mao chap.

An Iraq war already make this recession (think of Vietnam war, Korean war), what will happen after this war. Maybe supporting this war is economy suicide.

I am not sure how many people like war, we lack of statistics, I guess most politicians enjoy war, they were selected by the powerful people who regard the whole world as their interest.

If most of people of Canada enjoy war, so called "Canadian people love peace" will be totally a lie.

Edited by bjre

In fact the entire world will become involved.

Maybe the entire world will become cheerful for they can blackmail both side just as they did on America and Soviet in the Cold War. :lol:

So there won't be a war between America with China, a war between India with China, a war between Japan with China...or a war between any major countries since the war fans has demonstrated people again and again how the wars like War On Terror can become war in sorrow.... :P

....So there won't be a war between America with China, a war between India with China, a war between Japan with China...or a war between any major countries since the war fans has demonstrated people again and again how the wars like War On Terror can become war in sorrow.... :P

You are correct, but for the wrong reason. There will be no war between China and America because they need each other to prosper. As Joseph Needham told us long ago, China is a paradox that has given far more than it has taken.

"Terrorists" will not find safe harbor in China! :lol:

For those freedom loving people who enjoy our democratic way of life just a quick question. How do you think this freedom and democracy came about? Was it the likes of Pierre Trudeau? He never went to war with his peers. Or was it that nice old guy down the street who hobbles into public view every Nov. 11th ?

No ,there are none amongst us who enjoy war. But there are those amongst us who know the evil of man. That we must from time to time stand up to those who would enslave us.

Thank goodness for those who keep our peace ,not from just diplomacy but a will and a back bone that when the talking and compromise is done that we are not afraid to take up arms to protect our own freedom ,but that of others less able.

CHina - always bet on the winning horse.

Besides, the US can't be trusted.

But you trust the Chinese do you. We know that under Stalin ,20 million were murdered in peace time. We have know idea how many Mao and his crew who still hold power murdered in peace time, but it was murder that made Stalin look like an amateur.

I will support a democracy like the USA anytime. At least they can vote out scoundrels. In China you are subjects of the government with the guns. Think about ! Where would you prefer to live? In China where to protest means death or jail without trial ,or the USA where the rule of law still exists much like our own in Canada.

....Besides, the US can't be trusted.

True, but the fantasy of joining China against the United States in a pretend war should be tempered by the reality of existing bi-lateral defense agreements, forces interoperabilty, NATO, and 80% of exports headed south.

Canada already showed it's not so neutral hand during the Vietnam War, and made billion$ doing it. The key has been to have the majority of Canadians think they are not supporting the USA, even while doing so to a great degree. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, PM Diefenbaker was ignored by his own Defense Ministry and went on alert with the Americans (DefCon 3).

Edited by bush_cheney2004

A China-US war might possibly break out in the future if the Taiwan issue gets out of hand (fortunately, mainland basher Chen-Shui Bian has been removed from office), in which case Canada would probably be asked to lend a hand.

On one hand, we have our old friend the United States, which would probably back and help Taiwan, on the other, we have the Asian stronghold China.

If such a scenario occurs, which side should Canada back?

My answer is not among the poll options, but it's this: Abide by international law.

We as a nation must set an example, that whether friend or foe, all can trust that we shall abide by the laws we expect them to follow. From that standpoint, we should side with whichever of the two sides is in the right.

I think China can count on the anti seal people to step up ...

I'm sure Chinese have known they must count on themselves for a long time, at least as long as those Jews who weren't cute enough to pass the "screen" of, like Canadian immigration requirement in 1930s. :rolleyes:

I bet Indian politicians know India must counts on itself since the loss of the war against China in 1962, I guess Americans know they must count on themselves not on their "allies" far before Bush went for Beijing Olympic without informing any his so-called pals(like Harper), and I hope more and more Canadian politicians will realize Canada counts on them to find somewhere to dump the products made by their workers and CEOs to maintain their good lives, not seating in their office and waiting customers coming--unless they all are immigration ministers. :P

What is wrong with the photo? I bet it's just a kindergarten dance show in a Army Day ceremony. Maybe you can count in this one:

School children wave India's national flag over a displayed Indian army tank during "Vijay Diwas" or victory day celebrations in the southern Indian city of Hyderaba :lol:

Edited by xul

If it did happen I don't think it would be the kind of war you all are thinking, we are learning this in school, a war with billions of people and Nukes would not be a ground battle. With China as a leader in investing in green technology, science etc they are pumping out way more qualified people than the US. Another 10 years they will be a super power and not need the states for exports only reason they ivest in the US they have too much money and can't put it into there economy or it will hyper inflate, once the chinese become consumers they will wage what is a economic war, and like someone said already we best be choosing the one who will win.

For those freedom loving people

According to my knowledge of the history of ww2, I wonder if Hiter agreed the deal with Neville Chamberlain and stopped at the border of Poland, who would come to save Jews? Maybe Stalin and his red army's commissars? :unsure:

Edited by xul