What are your political leanings?

What party you vote for may not reflect exactly your political leanings; there's no one party that encapsulates every opinion I hold, and I certainly have to swallow some unpalatable ideas in order to get as close as possible to what I desire. I sometimes doubt there ever could be a perfect party for me, seeing as I have some pretty seemingly conflicting standpoints. I suppose I sit somewhere close to centre, just slightly on the right side, typical Libra that I am.

seeing as I have some pretty seemingly conflicting standpoints.

Don't we all. I joined the Liberal party because I felt they best reflected my particular value set, but I certainly don't agree with them on every issue...not to mention the fact that I couldn't bring myself to vote for them in the last election....although I think it will be much easier this time.

I reject these categorizations, I think its foolish for anyone to say they belong to this or that party. Loyalty to some political brand, means you are not thinking the issues through one by one, but your obligated to nod your head and bray when the party leader makes any utterance. I also dislike the "centralist" label as it sounds like relativism. In some cases I could be considered on the left and in others, on the right. My judgement is based on what promoted a balance of fairness in a given matter. In terms of laws its about a proportional response. And generally that large corporate structures (I don't mean only businesses when I say that) are generally de-humanizing and treat individuals like commodities. In some cases I believe, the rights of an individual outweigh the rights of the collective group. For people like the the political "party" system is inadequate. If I must be labelled call me a neo-cynicalist.

Loyalty to some political brand, means you are not thinking the issues through one by one, but your obligated to nod your head and bray when the party leader makes any utterance.

Just like when I voted Conservative in October.

LOL I still have to say that I'm a _Progressive_ conservative. Fairly libertarian, economically conservative... a firm believer in K.I.S.S. small government. I figure it's in our economic and social best interests to help folks out when they truly need the help, and to limit unfair advantages, but for the most part, the government should butt out.

(And I've never bought the load that Harper is selling. I started out willing to give him a chance, based largely on the integrity of Preston Manning.... promptly had that willingness scuttled with the cabinet post for David Emerson. Mannings integrity was not part of the package.)

Edited by Molly