Canadians divided over creation and evolution

jdobbin

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: religious logic

only in religion can zero amount of evidence become evidence...

Only religion can make us understand that zero is one (number).

Only religion can make us understand that a leap of faith creates its own evidence.

Edited by benny

Only religion can make us understand that zero is one (number).

Only religion can make us understand that a leap of faith creates is own evidence.

my 8 yr old believes in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus all three a leap of faith therfore it must be true :P now prove him wrong...

Yeah...yeah...yeah...

Never mind the ending! :lol:

I want to hear your explanation about the BEGINNING!

WHERE DID IT ALL START?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

It was in all the papers.

Yooo-hooo...where are you? Hmmmm...probably ran to TalkOrigin.

Let's see. Spend this beautiful day with my beautiful wife doing fun things or spend it waiting for you to blurt out some creationist idiocy. Tough choice.

;)

Edited by DogOnPorch

But yet there is overwhelming evidence for ID.
:rolleyes: religious logic

Hello Wyly...welcome to the Forum.

I see that it's your first time on this thread, so if I may be so bold enough to give you a piece of advice: READ ALL THE WAY FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD...and also the other related threads, DARWIN and EVOLUTIONISTS' FUNDAMENTALIST PREACHER.

You can't reduce or criticize Gosthack's opinion if you don't understand why he came to that conclusion.

Know what the fight is all about before you jump in the fray.

Ask yourself: am I coming in with an open-mind....or with my blinders on? True search for truth....or for Atheism?

my 8 yr old believes in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and santa claus all three a leap of faith therfore it must be true :P now prove him wrong...

:rolleyes:

We're waaaaay past this type of juvenile reasoning. Read up so you can catch up.....;)

Btw, you don't make any sense. You criticize religion....yet you feed your own daughter with nonsense about the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. And you want Benny to prove him wrong????

If you know and believe they're lies.... then you're knowingly feeding your own child these lies!

So, what does that makes you??? :lol:

Remember...only in ignorance can "authoritative-sounding" one-liners or long-winded messages become.....rubbish.

Cheers!

Edited by betsy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

It was in all the papers.

I went through this a couple of weeks ago when one of my wife's religious friends payed a visit and decided to try to convert me again. When Christians or any believers in transcendent gods that are separate and apart from their creation, ask how it could all happen without God, they are claiming that everything that exists has to have a cause........except for God of course! But, if there is God, I could ask "why is there God instead of nothing?" Why does God get a special pass from needing an explanation?

But how do we really imagine nothing? Even empty space is in a constant flux with virtual particles popping into existence and annihilating each other, disappearing back into the quantum foam without any cause. If two particles can appear uncaused, why not a universe also appearing uncaused from a fluctuation in false vacuum energy?

Existence is not more difficult to explain by the laws of physics than non-existence. Nothingness is not a natural state in a universe where virtual particles appear and disappear, so for a physicist, explaining nothingness is as problematic, if not more, than explaining how a universe comes into being.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mar...tic/vacuum.html

How can their be actual real Christians 2000 years later - The movement is so mutated and twisted and revised that it is almost non-existant - I would not worry about them trying to convert you to somthing that does not exist - besides - Christianity is private - one individual and one God - and it's no ones buisness...anyone who repeats the lords name in vain - or vainity - Jesus this and Jesus that - goes against the doctrine - Christ never said or wanted to be an idol or a religion - He wanted YOU - to be you..and use YOUR God given mind and spirit to operate well in the world -----------nothing worse than those pesky mutated Christians - they all look like demons...why is that? :lol:

I see that it's your first time on this thread, so if I may be so bold enough to give you a piece of advice: READ ALL THE WAY FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD...and also the other related threads, DARWIN and EVOLUTIONISTS' FUNDAMENTALIST PREACHER.

I read the OP and the 1st page and the last 3, all threads go off on wild tangents unrelated to the OP so there's no need to read the mud in the middle

Ask yourself: am I coming in with an open-mind....or with my blinders on? True search for truth....or for Atheism?
open mind accepts the evidence presented, a lack of evidence is not proof it's fantasy...atheism or as I prefer it Anti theism is the truth because it has support where theism has none...

"Search for truth...or for atheism" your phrasing says it all your mind is made up without any evidence, you live a blinkered existance dismissing logic for fantasy...

We're waaaaay past this type of juvenile reasoning.
which is exactly what religion is primitive childish fairy tales there is no difference, you need to stand back and look at it like an educated adult to be able to see it...
Read up so you can catch up.
heard all these irrational justifications before, they just become more fanciful and desperate over the years as the irrational continue to grasp for justification for their childish beliefs...
Btw, you don't make any sense. You criticize religion....yet you feed your own daughter with nonsense about the tooth fairy and the easter bunny. And you want Benny to prove him wrong????
stories to amuse kids no different than scary campfire stories or adults watching movies...the difference between me and you is I grew up and you didn't I know what is reality and what is not...
If you know and believe they're lies.... then you're knowingly feeding your own child these lies!

So, what does that makes you???

my kids grow up knowing the stories were for fun which they will come to understand ,where as you continue with the deceit what does that say about you???
Remember...only in ignorance can "authoritative-sounding" one-liners or long-winded messages become.....rubbish.
your's is a pefect example...thanks :lol:

Each time one is using symbols, he is making a leap of faith. (The basic definition of a symbol is a presence for an absence.)

Tooth fairy? Easter bunny? How do these two symbols represent something that needs to be presented as a symbol because the original entity is not available? There is no such thing as what you are talking about - now does your child ever look up into a star filled sky? Are you going to tell the child that the stars are little fire bugs - or are you going to tell them that it's some strange accident? Or are you going to explain that there may be a GOD? You can not put in comparison what is childish myth with no proof of real existance with something that shows proof of existance - look up - that's enough proof for me - look at the varieties of life on the planet - or the sparkling devine eyes of an infant - I see God every where - but no easter bunny. The idea that God and the easter bunny are on the same level is a lame attempt at discrediting God....You are going to need more than the tooth fairy to get rid of the universe.. :P

Tooth fairy? Easter bunny? How do these two symbols represent something that needs to be presented as a symbol because the original entity is not available? There is no such thing as what you are talking about

The money the kids are receiving "magically" for their lost teeth symbolizes the other teeth that adults know child development will automatically bring.

Tooth fairy? Easter bunny? How do these two symbols represent something that needs to be presented as a symbol because the original entity is not available? There is no such thing as what you are talking about - now does your child ever look up into a star filled sky? Are you going to tell the child that the stars are little fire bugs - or are you going to tell them that it's some strange accident? Or are you going to explain that there may be a GOD? You can not put in comparison what is childish myth with no proof of real existance with something that shows proof of existance - look up - that's enough proof for me - look at the varieties of life on the planet - or the sparkling devine eyes of an infant - I see God every where - but no easter bunny. The idea that God and the easter bunny are on the same level is a lame attempt at discrediting God....You are going to need more than the tooth fairy to get rid of the universe.. :P

Self important Christians. How can the Earth not be the centre of the Universe, hey?

I went through this a couple of weeks ago when one of my wife's religious friends payed a visit and decided to try to convert me again. When Christians or any believers in transcendent gods that are separate and apart from their creation, ask how it could all happen without God, they are claiming that everything that exists has to have a cause........except for God of course! But, if there is God, I could ask "why is there God instead of nothing?" Why does God get a special pass from needing an explanation?

But how do we really imagine nothing? Even empty space is in a constant flux with virtual particles popping into existence and annihilating each other, disappearing back into the quantum foam without any cause. If two particles can appear uncaused, why not a universe also appearing uncaused from a fluctuation in false vacuum energy?

Existence is not more difficult to explain by the laws of physics than non-existence. Nothingness is not a natural state in a universe where virtual particles appear and disappear, so for a physicist, explaining nothingness is as problematic, if not more, than explaining how a universe comes into being.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mar...tic/vacuum.html

The False Vacuum scenario has to be one of the scariest things science has ever postulated.

:o:lol:

The possibility that we are living in a false vacuum has never been a cheering one to contemplate. Vacuum decay is the ultimate ecological catastrophe; in the new vacuum there are new constants of nature; after vacuum decay, not only is life as we know it impossible, so is chemistry as we know it. However, one could always draw stoic comfort from the possibility that perhaps in the course of time the new vacuum would sustain, if not life as we know it, at least some structures capable of knowing joy. This possibility has now been eliminated.

—S.Coleman & F. De luccia

It reminds me of the one Simpson's episode where Ned Flanders says: "Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. Well I say that there are some things we don't want to know. Important things!"

Here is the difference between religion and science: religion takes responsibility for the whole Universe and science takes control of the same Universe.

I'm sure the residents of M33 will be happy to know Jesus is on the case.

It reminds me of the one Simpson's episode where Ned Flanders says: "Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. Well I say that there are some things we don't want to know. Important things!"

By advocating your recreational right not to know, you are coming very close to creationism.

Here's something for you Bible-Creationists to ponder.

The results of the WMAP mission where background cosmic microwave sources have been maped. Microwave radiation from as early as 380,000 years post-Big Bang.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/news/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkinson_Mic...nisotropy_Probe

But, of course, there was never any 'Big Bang'.

Here's something for you Bible-Creationists to ponder.

The results of the WMAP mission where background cosmic microwave sources have been maped. Microwave radiation from as early as 380,000 years post-Big Bang.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/news/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkinson_Mic...nisotropy_Probe

But, of course, there was never any 'Big Bang'.

NASA is searching for more public funding.

Your id (unconscious) may speak the truth here.

Word games won't work with me. Show me evidence of God in action. Show me proof of the instant creation 6000 years ago with no dinosaurs...no trilobites...no hominids.

If you can't...keep your crap outta politics and the classroom.