Waking Up Canadian

I'm a patriot...but I also have a Manitoba flag on one of my coats (which some in the governing party want to change. Love the Government of Manitoba....don't love the idea). You enjoy trying to make something out of nothing, don't you? Quebec is part of Canada and it's identity....nothing wrong with a bit of blue splash in all that red.

Edited by Smallc

OK as long as the other Canadian splashes are there too.

Was trying to wath a Montreal conference on "trying to have the French language for anything and everything"

It wa a speakover in English , Thomas Mulclair(spelling?)was sitting on the panel.

I first believed it was an English/French debate, you know the one where everybody must be bilingual.

But a thought occured, with the amount of immigration in todays Canada I believe these folks may well be concerned that other groups will be insisting that their languages be recognized.

Edited by 85RZ500

wtf?

This has nothing to do with Quebec.

It has to do with expat Canadians:

http://www.cicnews.com/2009/03/canadian-ci...pril-03708.html

Over the past several years, the Government of Canada has been reviewing its citizenship laws, which are considered quite liberal, compared to other countries’. Bill C-37 was created in response to these deliberations and will go into effect on April 17, 2009. Under the new law, certain individuals who lost their citizenship will regain it. Others will receive Canadian citizenship for the first time. The most significant change, however, is to the regulations for granting of citizenship to children born abroad to Canadian parents.

One of the main purposes of Bill C-37 is to restore Canadian citizenship to the tens of thousands of Canadians who have had their citizenship denied or unknowingly allowed it to expire because of several little-known particularities of Canada’s Citizenship Act.

Edited by tango