Congressional Black Caucus Visits Castro

Umm, let's see. He imprisions political opponents and silences freedom of speech. He crushes human rights and imprisons victims of A.I.D.S. And worst of all, he won't let people leave his island prison. Yet amazingly, liberals are in love with this man. Question. What am I missing?

Bobby Rush-D-Illinois: It was almost like listening to an old friend. He was a down-to-earth kind of man who I thought resembled someone who I would say is as close as a neighbor -- and he had a very modest home. And we were met in the front door by his lovely wife. So it was almost like visiting an old friend, uh, when we visited with him. He wanted to know more about Dr. King. I told President Castro that in my household, he is known as the ultimate survivor.

Laura Richardson-D-California: What really was amazing to me as he leaned in, he looked directly into our eyes -- uh, quite aware of what was happening, and said -- and said to us, how can we help? "How can we help President Obama?" He talked about the fact that he had watched the campaign. You know, for people who seem to think that in Cuba people don't have shoes, they don't have jobs, they don't have ice cream --I mean, these people are living and working and participating as we -- as many -- in fact, some were even in a better situation than in some portions of my district.

Barbara Lee-D-California: He seemed very energetic; he was engaging. We met at his house, which is a house of very modest means. His wife was there, his son was taking photographs of us, and it was a very moving meeting in a sense because he was taking notes. He was very inquisitive. He asked us to send more information about Dr. King, because he reveres Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and we said we would try to get more books and tapes to send down.

CBC members praise Castro

Politico

What the hell is wrong with these people??? Are they not aware of the lack of black faces in the Cuban government since the "glorious" revolution? And did they ever think of asking how he reconciles his so-called admiration of Dr. King, a man who championed human rights, with his exact opposite way of governance? Of course not. :angry:

Umm, let's see. He imprisions political opponents and silences freedom of speech. He crushes human rights and imprisons victims of A.I.D.S. And worst of all, he won't let people leave his island prison.

Why do Republicans hate this man more than other dictators around the world?

Even Cuban exiles are asking for expanded relations, travel and aid. Why is the GOP so out of step? Has the embargo worked yet to achieve their aims?

Lets see, good ole Nixon ® popped in and paid a visit to Chairman Mao, and he first visited the USSR as the Vice President in 1959 and meet with Leonid Brezhnev in Moscow in 1972 as President. And lets not forget Ronald Reagans ® envoy, Donald Rumsfield (R-Neocon) meeting with with Saddam Hussein numerous times in the 1980's.

To quote Sandy "What the hell is wrong with these people???". Can it be that they have never met a dictator or tyrant or despot that they didn't like?

I find it truly amazing that America's right still gets its panties in a royal twist over a small and basically insignificant powerless nation such as Cuba and Castro, and yet turn a blind eye to the selling off of American economic and national interests to power houses like China. One truly has to wonder where their minds are at or what psychotropic substances they have been over indulging in.