Seperatists as our new liberal Canadian leaders

Bro

With the new and improved liberal gov.,we now have 8 former Quebec seperatists,or nationalists,acting as Liberals to uphold Canadian ideals.

Does anyone in this country not see a problem with this,or at least a conflict of interest,that it is really treasonous of them to infiltrate the liberal party? :angry:

With the new and improved liberal gov.,we now have 8 former Quebec seperatists,or nationalists,acting as Liberals to uphold Canadian ideals.

Does anyone in this country not see a problem with this,or at least a conflict of interest,that it is really treasonous of them to infiltrate the liberal party? :angry:

Well in my native country, the Czech Repulic, and many other former communist countries, many of the old guard are now shining anew, as capitalists.

For a good politician changing political sides is no different than it is for a good hockey player changing teams and sporting new colors, IMO.

And as a good hockey player is immediately liked and appreciated by his new fans, so too should a good politician be.

One of the best, Winston Churchill, was like a yo-yo, yet we all admire him.

Mr. Bouchard must have been a good team player then in your mind.

I don't GIVE a damn if the guy I elect is a "team player". That's for clerks in a bank or Wal Mart employees. And mediocre hockey players, of course.

I want my guy to show vision & thought.

Lucien did both. He will be remembered long after the hundreds of "team players" are retired on their wee pensions with their gold plated watchs.

People are going to keep picking on Harper because he is fighting for the west, the land of rednecks, hillbillies and illiterate farm boys in the minds of many people of the east. PM PM is trying to stack his government for the next election because he knows he is in trouble. PM PM does not have the full support of the Chretien backers, sort of like Day and the Manningites. PM PM is trying to sway a few more votes his way so he can call for an election as soon as possible, before the other parties a fully organized and ready for an election. If the conservatives and NDP hvae more time, then they can get their parties ready for the election which would be bad for the liberals. Lets hope this backfires in PM's face and that people see through his ploy.

So let me get this straight.

Lucien has vision and thought because he sought an independant Quebec, Stephen Harper is not Galahad worthy because he wants protection for Alberta from the Feds?

Maybe if Stephen said it in French it would be visionary?

You know, there is a HUGE difference between "splitting up" with someone and "firewalling" oneself from someone.

Splitting up is kind of romantic, visionary. Putting up firewalls is brutish and uncivilized.

What a hick that Harper is.

Like playfullfellow says ... " People are going to keep picking on Harper because he is fighting for the land of rednecks, hillbillies and illiterate farm boys "

Harper is going to have to start unveiling his new centrist ideas soon. He'll have hell to pay from his most stringent grassroots members and that will knock him down a few points.

PM PM has only to hoist the scapegoats, wait out the scandal's aftermath and hope for a good economy.

And he should be doing better in Quebec, and soon will be. In fact, in might be happening right now if there's any truth to the rumours that the Liberals are going to call a spring election.

I don't think PM PM is in such bad shape.

if there's any truth to the rumours that the Liberals are going to call a spring election.

I don't think PM PM is in such bad shape.

So what do you think about my original idea of yesterday where I muse that PM PM would possibly like to call it so it falls as close as possible to Father's Day so that he can dedicate this win to his dad.

Does he have enough nostalgia in him to consider this?

Galahad:

When you post, the question that comes to mind is usually "should I bother to look for the method or just take the madness at face value" ?

I'll grant you that there are subconcious indicators that one can throw into a media awareness campaign that can aid a candidate but PM PM's late father is a non-entity in the public's mind.

Perhaps hidden in the density of your cloaked meanings you are exploring a relationship between the Liberal-Motherhood issues of Chretien's government and the Liberal-Fatherhood issues of Martin's. If that's the case, I'll excuse myself by saying I never understood nor put any stock in Freud.

Perhaps a little creative madness might help the Liberals though... thinking outside of the box.... or the cell...