speeding help

hi there just wondering if you can give me some advice i just got ticket and i dont know what to do ... i was going in zone 70max 149. km/h cop was going other way i didnt know how was i was going but i did slow than and thai saw the cop and i kept driving in couple sec i saw cop behind me i didnt know that hes gona pull me over because at that time i was going 70 or 80 and i didnt use my breaks......so he stops me and ask me do i know how fast i was driving i told him that i dont know than he say 2 numbers between that and that... than he took my driver license than came back complete diffrent person telling me that i was going 149 where speed limit is 70 i told him how come i was going that fast and you stop me here i should be long way gone to the lite....anyways u cant argue with cops so they suspended my driver license for 7 days tow my car not i dont know my options i never had any ticket everybodys is telling me that its going to cost me a lot and nobady can promise me nothing i think that i am in big trouble and i dont think i can afford it or go against cop ...would anybody please give me some advice thanks

Buy a bus pass. You are obvioulsy a complete idiot and a danger to society with your callour recklessness. Personally I would send you to jail and tell the other offenders you are child molester...but that's just me and not the liberal courts.

Anyway, I think yoiu should be suspended for life or have your insurance go up 1000% or chemically castrated....prosecuters choice...

hi there just wondering if you can give me some advice i just got ticket and i dont know what to do ... i was going in zone 70max 149. km/h cop was going other way i didnt know how was i was going but i did slow than and thai saw the cop and i kept driving in couple sec i saw cop behind me i didnt know that hes gona pull me over because at that time i was going 70 or 80 and i didnt use my breaks......so he stops me and ask me do i know how fast i was driving i told him that i dont know than he say 2 numbers between that and that... than he took my driver license than came back complete diffrent person telling me that i was going 149 where speed limit is 70 i told him how come i was going that fast and you stop me here i should be long way gone to the lite....anyways u cant argue with cops so they suspended my driver license for 7 days tow my car not i dont know my options i never had any ticket everybodys is telling me that its going to cost me a lot and nobady can promise me nothing i think that i am in big trouble and i dont think i can afford it or go against cop ...would anybody please give me some advice thanks

Like to try this again in English?

thank you m dancer i was not sure about my speeding or i wasnt trying to get away i was not racing u were not there so dont judge me like that ...you would send me to jail or suspended for life ......like u never done nothing wrong in your life ???

The speed limit was 70 you were doing 149 you have gotten what you deserve. Take you punishment and slow down next time.

Step one. Time to relize you are not a victim

step two. Accept responsibility for your actions

step three. learn from you mistake (in this case slow the heck down)

If you were going 149 in a 70 zone you deserve whatever comes your way, particularly because you have said you weren't really paying attention to what you were doing. It sounds like you don't want to take responsibility for your actions. Yes, we've all made mistakes, but we need to own them and accept the consequences. Suck it up, buttercup.

i did accept my responsibility for my action what so ever.. i wish cop could tell me right away how much i was going or at least be fair to me as a person nothing else...and i did learn from my mistake .... 149 was probably for 2 sec if i was going i believe because he got me on radar i wasn't sure how much i was going im not crazy driver // it;s my first ticket in 10 years and it;s a bad one..is just some people they think they are above u...i wasnt going 150 for 10 sec that would be dangerous .either way i did wrong .anyways i will tell the truth ....... still people have money or connections ......it;s all about who you really are

i did accept my responsibility for my action what so ever.. i wish cop could tell me right away how much i was going or at least be fair to me as a person nothing else...and i did learn from my mistake .... 149 was probably for 2 sec if i was going i believe because he got me on radar i wasn't sure how much i was going im not crazy driver // it;s my first ticket in 10 years and it;s a bad one..is just some people they think they are above u...i wasnt going 150 for 10 sec that would be dangerous .either way i did wrong .anyways i will tell the truth ....... still people have money or connections ......it;s all about who you really are

Ok, I'm confused. You admit you broke the law, you say you accept responsibility for it, but you are still trying to find a way to avoid any consequences. What does money or connections have to do with it? Did you do wrong, and are you willing to accept the consequences for it? I love this line, "149 was probably for 2 seconds".... you don't go from 70 to 149 back to 70 in 2 seconds....

im not trying to find excuses here ...my car is fast i was going over but not for long i broke the law and thats it i accept it... if somebody here has a really fast car he could understand me...i know that 149 in a zone of 70km/h is a big speed...when u think about it sound crazy and thats why you people are like that...and i would be 2.i know that you can not compare this. but tell me this is it different if you kill someone by accident or you do it on purpose

im not trying to find excuses here ...my car is fast i was going over but not for long i broke the law and thats it i accept it... if somebody here has a really fast car he could understand me...i know that 149 in a zone of 70km/h is a big speed...when u think about it sound crazy and thats why you people are like that...and i would be 2.i know that you can not compare this. but tell me this is it different if you kill someone by accident or you do it on purpose

If you aren't making excuses quit whinning about the ticket, pay it and move on.

Under the old law you would be charged with Careless Driving and probably have a $2000 fine coming along with 6 points and they have the right to suspend your licence.

Under the new law, pretty much the same except your licence is suspended immediately, and your car impounded for 7 days.

If you accept that you broke the law, you should have told the officer immediately that you were doing 149kms in a 70km zone. Instead you choose not to.

The Stunting law is for speeds over the limit by 50km, which would be 120km.

While I have seen many people coming off a 100k highway driving 110km and then the speed drops to 60KM, and they lose their car for 50km over, your situation appears different.

You claim to own a fast car. All cars are capable of going 50km over. Its the nut behind the wheel that determines what any car does.

You are in deep shit. You deserve to be in deep shit. While I do not agree with the stunting laws as they are written, and believe that your charge should be Careless driving, you are one of those people who do not garner my sympathy.

There is only one way you are going to learn responsibility, and its coming fast.

You have provided no defense. You haven't learned anything. And yes you made a mistake, but there is nothing in your comments that makes me believe, that you wouldn't do it again in a heartbeat.

I am not immune to speeding, like anyone else. I have neighbours that wanted traffic slowed down on their street. They petitioned enough to get the cops to spend alot of time on their secluded road. By the end of the week, practically the entire neighbourhood had a ticket, including yours truly.

As a young person, I recall doing 180km in a 50km zone in the downtown area. It was a brief accelaration, and I quickly decellarated and found myself parked at the stop light. Little did I know, that there was a police car behind me, and he wasn't pursuing. I gave her another go, and voila, who knows how fast until the next lights a few blocks ahead, just as the cop came close again, the light turned green and off I went.....

Blasting past what I thought was a Cab, was another parked cruiser, which quickly joined the pursuit. For whatever reasons, no lights or sirend came on from either. Shortly after I realized that no sane person should be behind me, and that these had to be police or crazy people. I pulled over on my motorcycle with a passenger on, the police car then purposefully tried to ram me. Now my passenger was terrified, and I darted out of the way and stopped again in another spot and hoped that the cop wouldn't take another run.

Now both cruisers pulled up and one officer spent more time trying to restrain his comrade, who's sole intent was to kill the SOB on the motorcycle. I was a mere blocks from home, and one officer said its my lucky day, go home. I had denied nothing and accepted everything. I heard the two officers arguing intensely.

One week later while driving 60km on a 60km road, I found the said violent officer behind me in his personal vehicle on his way to work. He wrote my plate number down, smiled at me, and there was a message on my phone when I got home. Come to the police station. He gave me a careless driving charge.... :)

You can't bypass fate all the time. I accepted the ticket at the police station, not for the phoney bogus charge that it was, but because I had realized I deserved a ticket the week before, although I don't believe I deserved to be rammed by a cruiser.

Do I still speed today? I know of few people who aren't over a speed limit at one time or another. They are charges on the Highway Traffic Act.

You should be lucky you didn't get in an accident and kill someone.

You'd be facing criminal charges.

Be honest with Police when you meet them. If you can't say how fast you are going and they have knowledge of your speed, you have no defense, because you are not paying any attention to your actions behind the wheel.

Again, I am not a fan of the Ontario Stunting Laws. They are heavily flawed and convictions are rare.

However, you sound like a person who might just get convicted based upon your comments in this thread.

Well actually you can, but usually only after you hit something big.

Correct.

......or gone from riding your motorbike to sliding down the tarmac on your leather clad backside.... :lol:

Incorrect.

If you are sliding down the tarmac you are not slowing down quickly unless you hit something. If you bike is sliding down the tarmac, Smooth Plastic and Aluminum don't provide the resistance of good rubber and 6 piston caliphers. Infact, once the bike slides enough to wear through the engine cases, that oil coming out makes for greater distance not less.

Slowing down on a motorcycle isn't difficult and between engine braking and a well executed squeezing on the binders is very effective in reducing a motorcycles speed in mere seconds. Infact done properly and one has to blip the throttle to make a well controlled deceleration.

But, none of this makes a person a street saint, and oil patches, tim horton cups, and other random events should make this kind of acceration and deceleration on the street very undesirable.

Go to the drag strip, roadrace courses or ovals if all you want to do is test your fast car.

If your in your K car and coming off the highway at 110km, be very aware of then those 60km signs come into effect. It could cost you your car and drivers license.

I have had one ticket in my life. I was coming down Cotes Des Nieges towards downtown and I had all the lights so I stepped on it...I was in the right hand lane passing everything in front of me including the police car on Pine. When I hear the police whoop whoop....it took me a bit to stop and the cop pulls up beside me and call me an idiot etc etc. Said I was doing over 60K ( I think the limit was 50K ...so he gave me a ticket.

I was on my 10 speed Raliegh and actually I was doing 65K

I have had one ticket in my life. I was coming down Cotes Des Nieges towards downtown and I had all the lights so I stepped on it...I was in the right hand lane passing everything in front of me including the police car on Pine. When I hear the police whoop whoop....it took me a bit to stop and the cop pulls up beside me and call me an idiot etc etc. Said I was doing over 60K ( I think the limit was 50K ...so he gave me a ticket.

I was on my 10 speed Raliegh and actually I was doing 65K

AH HA!!!

MENACE DANCER

Calling you an idiot isn't surprising. But he should have referred to you as that street menace to society.

1 Ticket..... I am glad to see you have been rehabilitated. LOL

:P

AH HA!!!

MENACE DANCER

Calling you an idiot isn't surprising. But he should have referred to you as that street menace to society.

1 Ticket..... I am glad to see you have been rehabilitated. LOL

:P

Yes I learned my lesson....That road btw the comes off the side of Mont Royal so it wasn't like I had the legs of an Olympic sprinter although at the time I was clocking about 400 K a week and could get the bike up to 40 sor a short sprint when I jostled.

• 4 weeks later...

First let me say that you were irresponsible driving at that speed. If you were actually doing that speed, since you didn't make note of the speed you only have the "officers" word.

However, you should understand that you did not break any law.

Now I guess I have to wait for the deluge.