Don Martin: Is Harper sending out job feelers?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Martin+H...8030/story.html

But his foreign-behaviour blitz of interviews, acting uncharacteristically like, shudder, a global media darling, may have

an agenda beyond promoting the stability of Canadian banks or getting softball questions from anchors that couldn't find Canada on a map.

Here's a wild theory--Stephen Harper could be sending out job applications. The possibility Harper believes he's closer to the end of his prime ministerial reign than the beginning appeared to weigh on his mind in one interview last week.

I was thinking the same thing last week with Harper flitting about to U.S. news networks that he might be thinking about his future as a policy commentator south of the border.

I have mentioned it here before that I think he will work in the U.S. after his life in politics if for no other reason that he isn't a lawyer and would have a hard time finding any job that paid him as much as PM does now in his profession.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Martin+H...8030/story.html

I was thinking the same thing last week with Harper flitting about to U.S. news networks that he might be thinking about his future as a policy commentator south of the border.

I have mentioned it here before that I think he will work in the U.S. after his life in politics if for no other reason that he isn't a lawyer and would have a hard time finding any job that paid him as much as PM does now in his profession.

Possibly and probably. I get the feeling that the knives within the Conservative Party have long been drawn and have been tickling his back ever since he threw away the chance of securing a majority government during the last election. About the only thing that saved the CPC from opposition status was that the liberal leader was such a drip.

Many Progressives within the party have never been easy with the Harperites Social Engineering agenda to begin with, and now the latest budget with its unprecedented spending has caused many of the party fateful to question just how Conservative is the Conservative Party really is. I figure the Smirking Chimp is planning on jumping before he is pushed.

Oh the irony!

In the next campaign, the Conservatives will try to make an issue of Iggy's prolonged tenure outside the country and, if and when they lose, their leader will pack-up and head south to earn a living.

Just think of the kids of tomorrow being thought this piece of history; nothing like a good laugh to stimulate interest in the curriculum.

What on earth would he do?

How bout ... oil field lobbyist in Washington?

Or the new coach for the Toronto Mapleleafs? _ I bet he would dump the PM job tomorrow for that opportunity - but you can not marry down - you have to marry up...maybe he can get a job selling leather vests and full cowboy out fits to the gay community....wonder how he will look modeling chaps with the bum cut out? Can't believe I said that - My apology Prime Minister Harper! Wait ---turn the Magna International private golf course into a huge hockey arena! If things get worse old Frank and Belinda will turn the place into a munitions factory - ...hurry up Mr. Harper - the Austrians are coming!

Or the new coach for the Toronto Mapleleafs? _ I bet he would dump the PM job tomorrow for that opportunity - but you can not marry down - you have to marry up...maybe he can get a job selling leather vests and full cowboy out fits to the gay community....wonder how he will look modeling chaps with the bum cut out? Can't believe I said that - My apology Prime Minister Harper!

Harper's big ass

It didn't make it to this video, but Harper immediately turned around, bent over and flipped his jacket up to show his "big ass" (now forever naked in chaps in my memory. thanks for that Oleg. :lol: )

Big oil big ass ... yay Jack layton ... funny is funny. :lol:

And Harper displayed himself a surprisingly good straight man. :lol:

I just love this clip of history.

Unfortunately, this is the stuff that gets lost to history.

Harper's 'big ass' gesture is lost. sigh

Edited by tango