North Korea Still Can't get a rocket up!

wulf42

Sabre Rider: Whether or not they are or have the potential to become a serious threat is rather moot, as long as they dally about with nukes and missiles, then they will remain a favorite whipping boy for the hawks of the western world. Actually I figure the one thing the hawks really do not want is for either North Korea or Iran to stop playing with fire, cause if they do, then the whole cause celeb of the hawks would be rendered dead in the water.

Have we just forgotten the Cold War?

Really...what's to trust in these North Koreans? We've fought them before for invading the South...both the US and Canada (and the ROK, of course) + numerous other UN Forces. The buggers nearly won if not for MacArthur. They still have a massive ground army which is no doubt better trained than in the 1950s. I think everything they do should be taken seriously.

Have we just forgotten the Cold War?

Really...what's to trust in these North Koreans? We've fought them before for invading the South...both the US and Canada (and the ROK, of course) + numerous other UN Forces. The buggers nearly won if not for MacArthur. They still have a massive ground army which is no doubt better trained than in the 1950s. I think everything they do should be taken seriously.

To be perfectly honest, I trust the North Koreans about as much as I trust the Americans, about as far as I can throw them with my currently broken arm. One thing I do note is that for all their bluster and sabre rattling, the North Koreans haven't started a war against any of their neighbours since the Korean War, which was my late fathers war, the same however cannot be said of the US. Since the Armistice was signed, how many other nations has America invaded or been to war with?

I very much doubt the North Korea would start something, and if they did, it most likely be China and the PRC who would bitch slap them down. In the meantime, North Korea's on again-off again nuclear programme and attempts at rocketry play right into the hands of both western and Chinese Military-Industrial Complexes and we the dumb tax-payers end up footing the bill.

Edited by Sabre Rider

What's the hurry? "Newt" is a private citizen who apparently still invites your and others attention from across the border. Amazing.

The old fall back from the American who spends far too much time on a Canadian forum.

Looks as though getting schooled doesn't agree with you BC.

Edited by Shakeyhands

These guys will never be a serious threat...it seems they have yet to get a simple rocket in the air.....lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7984254.stm

Compared to Iran who does not have nuclear technology, but does have a capable delivery system??? It will take NK less time to figure rockets out before Iran gets the bomb. NK already has the bomb.

Compared to Iran who does not have nuclear technology, but does have a capable delivery system??? It will take NK less time to figure rockets out before Iran gets the bomb. NK already has the bomb.

If the two were in a vacuum you would have a point....but the fact is an Iranian bomb is much more dangerous than a NK one simply because of the ramifications of international trade. Imagine if you will Europe without oil from the Persian gulf for 2 years.

Secondly, NK's bomb may be as fictional as their ability to deliver it, while Iran's ability to deliver any weapon is proven.

And finally, NKs bomb is more of a bargaining chip than something to be used....for all it's bluster NK doesn't have avowed enemies it would like seen erased from the pages of time ...

If the two were in a vacuum you would have a point....but the fact is an Iranian bomb is much more dangerous than a NK one simply because of the ramifications of international trade. Imagine if you will Europe without oil from the Persian gulf for 2 years.

Seems to be less about nuclear weapons and acts of terrorism and more about protecting international trade for the G-somethings. Even if NK manages to nuke a US city, would you not say it has the same ramicfications as Iran nuking a US city?? Why are they treated different? If there was a real threat of nuclear attack, the stance on Iran and NK would be the same.

Secondly, NK's bomb may be as fictional as their ability to deliver it, while Iran's ability to deliver any weapon is proven.

You don't need a missle delivery system to cause havoc. You can smuggle a bomb into the US. Boom. And that threat is more real than an incomming missle which can be shot down.

And finally, NKs bomb is more of a bargaining chip than something to be used....for all it's bluster NK doesn't have avowed enemies it would like seen erased from the pages of time ...

This might make it easier for NK to just lob things willy nilly. If they have no 'target' they might just have everything in their sightes. Besides, it would have the same barganing power as an Iranian nuke.

Even if NK manages to nuke a US city, would you not say it has the same ramicfications as Iran nuking a US city??

Neither can and is they did, it would be the end of them.

You don't need a missle delivery system to cause havoc. You can smuggle a bomb into the US. Boom. And that threat is more real than an incomming missle which can be shot down.

Both threats are just a real or imaginary, but that is another thread.

This might make it easier for NK to just lob things willy nilly. If they have no 'target' they might just have everything in their sightes. Besides, it would have the same barganing power as an Iranian nuke.

Iranians aren't starving in winter or have one cash export industry.

Seems to be less about nuclear weapons and acts of terrorism and more about protecting international trade for the G-somethings. Even if NK manages to nuke a US city, would you not say it has the same ramicfications as Iran nuking a US city?? Why are they treated different? If there was a real threat of nuclear attack, the stance on Iran and NK would be the same.

The stance would not be the same, just as if such an attack came from Canadian soil (a la Millennium Bomber). Should the US just nuke Canada too? There are many things to consider before frying a nation with nuclear weapons.

Both threats are real....US emergency planners fully expect to deal with a major NBCR attack within 15 years.

Except that the DPRK actually has a track record that supports M Dancer's contention...many times over.

Honestly, i don t know why N Korea bothers? even if they ever do get a Nuke and figure a way to launch a rocket successfully if they so much as blink the wrong way....American Nuclear Submarines (Boomers) will make South Korea an Island.. separated from China by the straits of what used to be N Korea..... :lol:

Edited by wulf42

Honestly, i don t know why N Korea bothers? even if they ever do get a Nuke and figure a way to launch a rocket successfully if they so much as blink the wrong way....American Nuclear Submarines (Boomers) will make South Korea an Island.. separated from China by the straits of what used to be N Korea..... :lol:

I'm not so sure Red China would want multi-MT weapons going off in their backyard, either.

;)

The stance would not be the same, just as if such an attack came from Canadian soil (a la Millennium Bomber). Should the US just nuke Canada too? There are many things to consider before frying a nation with nuclear weapons.p

It is pretty stupid to compare a single terrorist acting alone, to the leaders of Iran or NK. So your nuking Canada is just another smack against your hated neighbours.

Both threats are real....US emergency planners fully expect to deal with a major NBCR attack within 15 years.

If they are both real, then they should be treated the same correct??

Except that the DPRK actually has a track record that supports M Dancer's contention...many times over.

A nuke attack on the US won't be through a missle delivery system. I will put money on that.

M. Dancer

Iranians aren't starving in winter or have one cash export industry.

Can you clarify what you mean here?

It is pretty stupid to compare a single terrorist acting alone, to the leaders of Iran or NK. So your nuking Canada is just another smack against your hated neighbours.

No, it was a logical construct that finds you with your pants down.

If they are both real, then they should be treated the same correct??

No, of course not. Each circumstance and response would be evaluated on merits.

A nuke attack on the US won't be through a missle delivery system. I will put money on that.

Where were you in 1962?

Korea need to do what the Americans did - get themselves some old style Nazi rocket scientists to make them some real cool missles...they are probably in their 90s by now - the ones that still live - wait --- how about importing some of the Hamas rocketeers to work for them? :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...