Conservatives give grant to conservative magazine

Equally "treasonous". Anyone who makes an argument in favour of dismantling this country is against Canada. Those who wish for Quebec's separation are working towards the death of a country.

I’m all in favour of debate, but threats merely demonstrate the weakness in one’s underlying argument.Separatist arguments are the mark of a weak mind.

I couldn't agree with yoou more. Take it up with JDobbin if you wouldn't mind.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equally "treasonous". Anyone who makes an argument in favour of dismantling this country is against Canada. Those who wish for Quebec's separation are working towards the death of a country.

I’m all in favour of debate, but threats merely demonstrate the weakness in one’s underlying argument.Separatist arguments are the mark of a weak mind.

I couldn't agree with you more. Take it up with JDobbin if you wouldn't mind. This is his thread in connection with Separatists!

It is called = Irony. Obviously some fail to recognize same.

`

Take it up with JDobbin if you wouldn't mind. This is his thread in connection with Separatists!

Take it up with your leader who plays it fast and loose with western separatists and hard with eastern ones.

I think it would be interesting to see a poll of how B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan feel about separating from Canada and giving up all benefits they have paid into! I don't think any province right now is seriously think of separating, even Quebec. Most province are deep in debt and can't afford of thinking that way.

Neither am I. Neither is the editor of the magazine which you are well aware of and if not, should be. Did you not know that discussing separatists/ism is 'treasonous'? tsk, tsk.

The editor of said magazine regularly fans the flames of western separatism. And your leader has flirted with it all his life.

The editor of said magazine regularly fans the flames of western separatism. And your leader has flirted with it all his life.

Well of coarse you leader has never gotten into the fray, all of his life has been lived out side of Canada, how could he.

Because the money was needed in the east and was available in the West. Yes, the NEP was probably a bad idea, but I have severe doubts that it was a hateful attack on Western Canada.

The idea that it was about hate is a stretch for the right wing but it seems a horse they want to keep beating.

Edited by jdobbin

The idea that it was about hate is a stretch for the right wing but it seems a horse they want to keep beating.

Election: year 2752....."The Conservative party leader again today hammered on the Liberals for their failed NEP saying that it proves that all Liberals hate western Canada......" :lol:

Edited by Smallc

I couldn't agree with you more. Take it up with JDobbin if you wouldn't mind. This is his thread in connection with Separatists!

It is called = Irony. Obviously some fail to recognize same.

`

No, it's called hypocrisy.

And it is being exercised in heavy doses by the conservative apologists in this forum. If Le Québécois was given $30,000 by the feds, many conservative supporters would go absolutely ape. And that reaction would be somewhat reasonable and perfectly understandable. Yet when this monetary grant is given to a publication the reputedly gives voice to western separatist, the reaction is disappointingly benign and not in keeping with the outrage often expressed a Quebec separatism.

There are many possible explanations for this. I offer some below:

1- these conservatives are too self-serving to maintain ideological consistency

2- these conservatives simply hate Quebec and Quebec separatism provides a convenient and politically acceptable target for their rage

3- these conservatives lust for power as both the means and ends of what is good for themselves, country be damned

Anyone else want to add to the list?

How come there was no National manufacturing policy? How come there was no NEP regarding Quebec's hydro. Face it the Liberals hate Western Canada, and any real western Canadian wouldn't vote for them based on their disdain for the west.

Sounds like the cart is going before the horse in your world. You believe the LIberals hate the west because westerners hate the Liberals so damn much it has to be only natural for the reverse to be true.

Jdobbin you know how I was saying in the other thread how you'll dig hard and deep for anything, no matter how small you can find, to criticize the CPC?

Remember how I said the effort you put into finding even trivial and meaningless articles, no matter how obscure, underlines a VERY emotional and fanatical support for the Liberal Party?

Remember how I said you deliberately misrepresent and misinterpret information on a regular basis here?

Well THIS is a perfect example. As was previously stated, it was a tiny fraction of the total amount of money doled out for magazine bailouts, although you tried to imply that the CPC was deliberately funding separatists and not normal Canadian media. Barf man.

A WHOLE $27,000. It's almost a certainty that Harper was behind this as well. I'm sure high-level cabinet ministers read this magazine all the time and that's why they gave them that gargantuan amount.

This is DEFINETLY newsworthy material to be posting here. :blink:

A WHOLE $27,000. It's almost a certainty that Harper was behind this as well. I'm sure high-level cabinet ministers read this magazine all the time and that's why they gave them that gargantuan amount.

I have no doubt that high level cabinet ministers read the magazine and sympathize with the material.

Posts like these are why the forum community at large has trouble taking you seriously.

And it is posts like yours that show you do take them seriously and lash our personally as a result.

Edited by jdobbin

And it is posts like yours that show you do them seriously and lash our personally as a result.

It's not lashing out to mock your assertion that we have a separatist conspiracy within cabinet and that these same cabinet ministers apparently read separatist magazines. :rolleyes:

There's very little anyone can say when you start going down that road. It's far beyond the realm of intelligent argument or discussion. You bring the so-called 'personalization' on yourself.

Edited by Moonbox

It is probably why he is favourably regarded in Quebec compared to Harper.

Quebecers probably believe now that they've extorted as much money from Harper as is possible, Iggy is another new sucker to come along to fleece.

No, it's called hypocrisy.

And it is being exercised in heavy doses by the conservative apologists in this forum. If Le Québécois was given $30,000 by the feds, many conservative supporters would go absolutely ape.

What is "le quebecois?" Are you stupid enough to believe that federal money has not been dumped into Quebec by the truckload for decades to sustain an enormous variety of "artistic and cultural" endeavors, many of which have a lot of seperatist connections and sympathies?

And that reaction would be somewhat reasonable and perfectly understandable. Yet when this monetary grant is given to a publication the reputedly gives voice to western separatist,

The only report that it does so comes from a ultra-zealous Liberal party member who seems to spend all day on the internet propogating this sort of weaselly accusations in hopes of convincing fools to vote for his party.

the reaction is disappointingly benign and not in keeping with the outrage often expressed a Quebec separatism.

There are many possible explanations for this. I offer some below:

1- these conservatives are too self-serving to maintain ideological consistency

2- these conservatives simply hate Quebec and Quebec separatism provides a convenient and politically acceptable target for their rage

3- these conservatives lust for power as both the means and ends of what is good for themselves, country be damned

Anyone else want to add to the list?

Yeah, you don't have a clue about what you're talking about and are too intellectually lazy and partisan to actually look into it.

Edited by Argus