Israel PM protecting soldiers from war crimes!

wulf42

And i say damn good thing! If anyone should be convicted of war crimes it should be Ham-ass they hide in civilian populated areas on purpose so Israel will have to hit civilians to get to the Terrorists or firing rockets at Israeli civilians if that isn't a war crime what is! Funny nobody is saying Hamas should be held accountable.War is war it isn't pretty!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7850085.stm

Edited by wulf42

Hamas should be held accountable for war crimes too.

But you and i know that will never be the case, instead the Arab world cries fowl and Israel is the evil boogieman

when Ham-ass started the whole thing in the first place!

Edited by wulf42

Neither will Israel so the whole war crime thing is probably moot and nothing to get excited about.

War is a crime no matter who throws the first punch and it always takes two to tango. That's what I learned in kindergarten. Who started fights first didn't matter when we were kids so I fail to see why it should now that we're grown-ups.

Maybe we went to different kindergartens or something.

But you and i know that will never be the case,

Mainly because they can't leave the Gaza strip, hence they can never be arrested by a foreign state and brought to trial. If they did visit Rome, I'm sure the Carabinieri would show up.

instead the Arab world cries fowl and Israel is the evil boogiemanwhen Ham-ass started the whole thing in the first place!

Erm, you're aware that it's European nations that are considering war crimes charges, right? That's why Israel is warning it's top military brass not to travel there for fear of arrests.

And i say damn good thing! If anyone should be convicted of war crimes it should be Ham-ass they hide in civilian populated areas on purpose so Israel will have to hit civilians to get to the Terrorists or firing rockets at Israeli civilians if that isn't a war crime what is! Funny nobody is saying Hamas should be held accountable.War is war it isn't pretty!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7850085.stm

where would you suggest that the hamas fighters should go and hide?

in their base?

maybe they can hide in their tanks?

maybe they can fly away in their helicopters or planes?

why do some people treat this situation like it's 2 armies fighting against each other?

the hamas military wing is nothing more than a group of young men fighting the occupation and the treatment of the occupier. i see them like the jewish militias in warsaw's ghettos during their resistance against the nazis. the jewish militias only had guns and homemade bombs while the nazis had state of the art guns, tanks and planes.

why do some people treat this situation like it's 2 armies fighting against each other?

Because it is.

the hamas military wing is nothing more than a group of young men fighting the occupation and the treatment of the occupier. i see them like the jewish militias in warsaw's ghettos during their resistance against the nazis. the jewish militias only had guns and homemade bombs while the nazis had state of the art guns, tanks and planes.

But the "jewish militias" didn't call themselves the "military wing"....see how that works?

Because it is.

But the "jewish militias" didn't call themselves the "military wing"....see how that works?

Hamas is the democratically elected government, and it has a military for protection.

This is quite normal for any state, but Israel doesn't want Gaza armed to defend itself, so they surround, harass and call them terrorists, and the world follows.

What's notable is that Hamas is transitioning to a negotiating body too.

This is quite normal for any state, but Israel doesn't want Gaza armed to defend itself, so they surround, harass and call them terrorists, and the world follows.

Nope...following your own logic....Hamas' military is getting some payback...just like any other "state".

What's notable is that Hamas is transitioning to a negotiating body too.

That's great.....because it will be motivated by the experience of the other "body"....boom!

Hamas is the democratically elected government, and it has a military for protection.

No! Hamas is a self serving terrorist group who hides behind the people it says they are protecting (human shields)

and provokes Israel into confrontation with the hopes of getting as many Gazan's as possible killed so that the Arab world will get angry! its not rocket science here! Hamas is the problem and Israel needs to ELIMINATE the problem!

Edited by wulf42

No! Hamas is a self serving terrorist group who hides behind the people it says they are protecting (human shields)

and provokes Israel into confrontation with the hopes of getting as many Gazan's as possible killed so that the Arab world will get angry! its not rocket science here! Hamas is the problem and Israel needs to ELIMINATE the problem!

"Eliminating the problem" is not an option, since Palestinians in Gaza elected Hamas and support Hamas.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=84057...ionid=351020202

Hamas offers long-term truce for Gaza freedom

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:50:34 GMT

Hamas leader Ghazi Hamad

A senior Hamas official says the movement is willing to negotiate a long-term truce with Israel if Gazan borders are opened to the world.

"We want to be part of the international community. I think Hamas has no interest now to increase the number of crises in Gaza or to challenge the world," Hamas official Ghazi Hamad told AP.

Hamas leaders in the past have spoken about a long-term truce with Israel, saying they want international recognition as much as an end to the blockade of the impoverished Gaza Strip.

Israel nonetheless abominates the notion of engaging the Palestinian resistance movement.

Edited by tango

"Eliminating the problem" is not an option, since Palestinians in Gaza elected Hamas and support Hamas.

We all need to keep in mind that tango's opinion on this is born of the fact that she considers Six Nations to be in a similar boat, and for the world to start dealing more directly with petty terrorist states would create a climate in which Six Nations would be dealt with as it should be.

Yes, they did. And the fact that Palestinians voted for a party who has, as its charter, the destruction of Israel, it greatly reduces my sympathy for them.

MAYBE they didn't know what they were getting into. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=84057...ionid=351020202

Hamas offers long-term truce for Gaza freedom

Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:50:34 GMT

Hamas leader Ghazi Hamad

A senior Hamas official says the movement is willing to negotiate a long-term truce with Israel if Gazan borders are opened to the world.

Given the fact that Hamas imports weapons from surrounding countries, if I were Israel I'd certainly be very cautious.

"We want to be part of the international community. I think Hamas has no interest now to increase the number of crises in Gaza or to challenge the world," Hamas official Ghazi Hamad told AP.

Well, maybe they learned their lesson (much as Hezbollah did a couple of years ago.) Or maybe they're just trying to look peaceful so they can rearm and get themselves retrenched.

Hamas leaders in the past have spoken about a long-term truce with Israel, saying they want international recognition as much as an end to the blockade of the impoverished Gaza Strip.

Anyone find it ironic that Hamas would "want international recognition" at the same time it has, as its charter, the destruction of Israel?

Yes, they did. And the fact that Palestinians voted for a party who has, as its charter, the destruction of Israel, it greatly reduces my sympathy for them.

MAYBE they didn't know what they were getting into. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Given the fact that Hamas imports weapons from surrounding countries, if I were Israel I'd certainly be very cautious.

If the Fatah was back in power in Gaza, would you allow them weapons?

Well, maybe they learned their lesson (much as Hezbollah did a couple of years ago.) Or maybe they're just trying to look peaceful so they can rearm and get themselves retrenched.

I think Israel learned to leave Hezbollah alone, so they are picking on tiny Gaza instead.

Anyone find it ironic that Hamas would "want international recognition" at the same time it has, as its charter, the destruction of Israel?

To be fair, Hamas and the Palestinian people want to be able to return to their homes, and live in an integrated state without discrimination and blockades and attacks.

The Hamas 'destruction of Israel' propaganda card has been much overplayed, especially in the midst of the very real Israeli destruction of Gaza is the issue now.

Edited by tango

Given the fact that Hamas imports weapons from surrounding countries, if I were Israel I'd certainly be very cautious

If the Fatah was back in power in Gaza, would you allow them weapons?

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified things...

When I was talking about Hamas importing weapons, I was referring specifically to weapons that could be used in terrorist attacks (components for rockets, mortars, etc.). Since those types of weapons have been used almost exclusively on Israeli civilian targets, I would not let them have those type of weapons regardless of who was in charge.

Of course, any organization that is responsible for policing territory will require small arms (such as sidearms). Those are acceptable (of course, there should already be enough of those in the Gaza strip to last for years and years.)

I think Israel learned to leave Hezbollah alone, so they are picking on tiny Gaza instead.

Then you'd be thinking wrong.

The number of rocket attacks coming from Lebanon had pretty much dropped to zero since the Israeli invasion a couple of years ago. No the 'temporary' cease fire Hamas was pretending to engage in (while at the same time digging tunnels under the border). Hezbollah has actually gone out of their way to avoid antagonizing the Israelis.

To be fair, Hamas and the Palestinian people want to be able to return to their homes, and live in an integrated state without discrimination and blockades and attacks.

Actually, according to opinion polls, the majority of Palestinians no longer want the 'right to return' (only about 10% want that right.)

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/...8034939264.html

As for living in an 'integrated community', doubt it would be a good idea... Hamas is not exactly a 'fair, democratic' organization (I've posted links before to them cutting off freedom of speech, engaging in summary executions, etc.) They certainly wouldn't be considered 'democratic' by any measure we have in the western world. Yet given the growth in the Palestinian population, any Jewish-Palestinian state would eventually be overwhelmed by the Islamic side of things.

The Hamas 'destruction of Israel' propaganda card has been much overplayed,

Ummm... I see.

Words escape me.

Amazing. Just totally amazing.

Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel, and you consider that, well, irrelevant.

I just need to repeat that... the leadership of a significant part of the palestinians basically says "We want violence against dem evil jooosss", and you shrug it off. Just incredible. Wow. Is there anything that Hamas can do or say that you won't be willing to give them a free pass on?

How do you feel about Tomorrow's pioneers? Think that's some innocent children's programming coming from Hamas?

... especially in the midst of the very real Israeli destruction of Gaza is the issue now.

Yes, destruction that was initiated by the actions of Hamas and other groups (digging tunnels into Israel and firing rockets).

Please point to me, anywhere in any sort of international legislation, that suggests that casualty accounts must be the same on both sides of a conflict.

Edited by segnosaur