Bill Richardson withdraws as Commerce Secretary

I doubt he'd be able to use campaign money for his court case regardless.

-k

No if he is a Senator he can collect contributions to put toward this case although it looks like he is going to challenged this Franken thing and if he loses he will have to not only pay for his court costs but Frankens too so he will be tapped. Hopefully he can stay out of jail I mean 75 000 aint really all that much it is much less then the Liberals stole.

Becuase he is a minority and appointing a prominent Hispanic to a Cabinet post would be a nice change from Bush just like Obama promised. We will see if Richardson is innocent I hope if he is you are the first to rush to this board and proclaim it. Just as you one of the first to proclaim his guilt. Something tells you weren't.

PS. My problem with Coleman is not his house building it is that he is a shitty Senator and he is a opportunist.

:ph34r:

You mean, change from Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell... One of the Attourney Generals was hispanic too right?

anyways, your post is crap.

Yeah, because Alberto Gonzales former Attorney General, and Linda Chavez former Secretary of Labor aren't Hispanic. :rolleyes::blink:

Not to mention, Colin Powell, Condolezza Rice, and former Secratary of Education Rod Paige, as other minority appointments.

You just been punked!

That's it! thank you

They don't count though Shady, they are evil republicans dontcha know?

;)

I love how Bush has had over 30 cabinet positions and you guys can name 3 minorities, and claim victory. Any gays? Any Muslims? Nope would not want them to taint the rest of the cabinet right? Bush has had at anyone time at most 1 Latino Cabinet minsters, Obama has two right now. CHANGE!!!!

PS. You named 4 over the course of 8 years. Obama already has more then that number. BRING ON THE CHANGE!!!

Carlos Gutierrez former Secretary of Commerce (the position Richardson was appointed to), Norman Mineta former Secretary of Transportation, Viet Dinh former Assistant Attorney General. Not to mention that Powell, Rice, and Gonzales were the FIRST African-American and Hispanics appointed to their repsective positions. So thanks Obama, but that type of change has already taken place under George W Bush.

BRING ON THE CHANGE!!!

Bill Richardson - former Clinton Administration retread

Leon Panetta - former Clinton Administration retread

Rahm Emanuel - former Clinton Administration retread

Eric Holder - former Clinton Administration retread

Lawrence Summers - former Clinton Administration retread

Peter Orszag - former Clinton Administration retread

Carol Browner - former Clinton Administration retread

Hillary Clinton - biggest former Clinton Administration retread

Yeah, bring on the change! :rolleyes::blink::lol:

I love how Bush has had over 30 cabinet positions and you guys can name 3 minorities, and claim victory. Any gays? Any Muslims? Nope would not want them to taint the rest of the cabinet right? Bush has had at anyone time at most 1 Latino Cabinet minsters, Obama has two right now. CHANGE!!!!

Irrelevant..

You stated:

Becuase he is a minority and appointing a prominent Hispanic to a Cabinet post would be a nice change from Bush

Clearly insinuating that Bush was racist and or his administration was too whitebread.

What you did do was demonstrate your ingnorance on the matter to everyone who will ever read this thread.

You were and are wrong and are apparently too stubborn to fess up.

Irrelevant..

You stated:

Clearly insinuating that Bush was racist and or his administration was too whitebread.

What you did do was demonstrate your ingnorance on the matter to everyone who will ever read this thread.

Nope not at all I know who Bush has in his and has had in His Cabinet. I saw in Obama's two terms he at least doubles the number of Minorities Bush had including the first openly Gay Cabinet member. CHANGE!!!!

Irrelevant..

You stated:

Nope not at all I know who Bush has in his and has had in His Cabinet. I saw in Obama's two terms he at least doubles the number of Minorities Bush had including the first openly Gay Cabinet member. CHANGE!!!!

We have

Attorney General Eric Holder

Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis

Secretary of Energy Steven Chu

Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki

United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk

Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice

Give it 8 years I bet I can make that list 3 times as long. CHANGE!!!

We have

Attorney General Eric Holder

Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis

Secretary of Energy Steven Chu

Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki

United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk

Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice

Give it 8 years I bet I can make that list 3 times as long. CHANGE!!!

I see. So you're counting the appointment of past Administration appointees as ground breaking, but George Bush, who appointed the first African-American Secretary of State, the first female African-American Secretary of State, the first African-American National Security Advisor, and the first Hispanic Attorney General, somehow gets your disdain? Priceless.

I also see that you included non-cabinet level appointments in your list. Also priceless.

I see. So you're counting the appointment of past Administrat

ion appointees as ground breaking, but George Bush, who appointed the first African-American Secretary of State, the first female African-American Secretary of State, the first African-American National Security Advisor, and the first Hispanic Attorney General, somehow gets your disdain? Priceless.

I also see that you included non-cabinet level appointments in your list. Also priceless.

Which ones of mine were not Cabinet posts?

Was it? United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk

Those are Cabinet level offices not assistants Bush has 7 of them all of them are white. Do you no know your US office make up?

Change we can believe in

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/06/s...e_n_155701.html

Which ones of mine were not Cabinet posts?

Was it? United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk

Those are Cabinet level offices not assistants Bush has 7 of them all of them are white. Do you no know your US office make up?

It's not technically in the Cabinet. Do you know your US office make up?

Anyways, I repeat, so you're counting the appointment of past Administration appointees as ground breaking, but George Bush, who appointed the first African-American Secretary of State, the first female African-American Secretary of State, the first African-American National Security Advisor, and the first Hispanic Attorney General, somehow gets your disdain?Priceless.

Consider yourself punked again!

It's not technically in the Cabinet. Do you know your US office make up?

Anyways, I repeat, so you're counting the appointment of past Administration appointees as ground breaking, but George Bush, who appointed the first African-American Secretary of State, the first female African-American Secretary of State, the first African-American National Security Advisor, and the first Hispanic Attorney General, somehow gets your disdain?Priceless.

Consider yourself punked again!

But appointed only white people to cabinet level positions where Obama has already appointed 3 minorities out of his 7 picks. CHANGE!!!

But appointed only white people to cabinet level positions where Obama has already appointed 3 minorities out of his 7 picks. CHANGE!!!

Yes because race is a relevant factor in the running of a country. I thought we were all equal, so race shouldn't matter. Why are you pointing out race when no one else has?

So Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, Secretary of Education, and Secretary of Transportation, and Attorney General aren't cabinet level positions? :blink:

Edited by Shady

So Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, Secretary of Education, and Secretary of Transportation, and Attorney General aren't cabinet level positions? :blink:

No they are Cabinet positions. Cabinet level positions are people have the right to sit in on Cabinet meetings but run their own show outside. IE VP, Ambassador to the UN and so on.

Screw buy me a house Colmen let's go with buy me a house Bush

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/06/b...s_n_155734.html

He owns the house. He's asking that a gate be built to provide security. Considering the extent to which some people hate the man, it's not an unreasonable request.

-k

No they are Cabinet positions.

Good, we're making progress. And if they are indeed Cabinet positions, in which African-American, Hispanic, and Asian officals were appointed (Powell, Rice, Gonzales, Gutierrez, Chavez, Mineta) then it makes your claim that...

But appointed only white people to cabinet level positions

...rather idiotic doesn't it?

Anyways, enough with your fixation on race. Whatever happened to Dr. King's 'judge a person on the content of their character, not the colour of their skin? You're all about the skin. Shame on you.

Hmmm… don’t you think the message that Obama is simply an extension of the peace and prosperity of the Clinton years runs counter to your message that Obama is a radical Muslim terrorist?

When have I EVER considered Obama to be a radical Muslim terrorist? I'm not sure if you know, but he's Christian. And if you're referring to the Clinton years of psuedo-peace and psuedo-prosperity, then no. Sticking your head in the sand, and refusing to tackle diffcult issues for fear of unpopularity, and then leaving said issues for somebody else to have to deal with down the road, doesn't qualify. Enron type firms, and internet companies valued at $70 dollars a share, without a cent of profit didn't equal prosperity. It equalled the dot com bubble burst in 1999 and 2000, and Greenpan's famous insistance of 'irrational exuberance.'

I wonder at what level Punked will feel the cabinete is sufficiently diverse. Is there a quota? Is there some point at which Punked would declare the cabinet to be too diverse? And is "not white" the only criteria that is important in determining whether the cabinet is sufficiently diverse, or should care be made to be sure that every ethnic group has representation in cabinet?

-k