Canadian Political Polls

Accept the policies passed speak very differently Dobbin. You don't think free trade is toward the center? How about a small business tax cut? You do know when your party moves to the right it doesn't get to take the center with it don't you?

I am thinking of all the policies that were deferred.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will either be decided next convention or by our Federal body. Until then they aren't party anythings.

There is still room in the party for you Dobbin.

The NDP is too far left for me. It is too far left for many people.

Not for 1 in 5 Canadians and climbing. I think having sound fiscal policy and strong social policy shouldn't scare you Dobbin I think it should make you happy.

The anti-Israel part doesn't make me comfortable. The heckling if Judy Waslycia-Leis was a fine example of that.

So it is just Israel which stops you from being NDP?

Overall foreign policy. Anti-large business attitude. Too closely linked to unions.

It is why they never rise in the polls above a certain mark.

Edited by jdobbin

Overall foreign policy. Anti-large business attitude. Too closely linked to unions.

It is why they never rise in the polls above a certain mark.

Sorry don't see it. Defending working Canadians should never be an issue. Supporting peace should never be an issue. Not letting Canada be sucked of its resources should never be an issue.

Sorry don't see it. Defending working Canadians should never be an issue. Supporting peace should never be an issue. Not letting Canada be sucked of its resources should never be an issue.

Well, other Canadians do. Under 20%.

Defending working Canadians? Sorry I don't see how being pro-union anti-big business defends me and other working Canadians like me. There are many working Canadians who work for big businesses that are NOT unionized. The NDP would regulate us all right out of a job if given half a chance. Regulation is needed but it needs to be limited.

Supporting peace? How precisely would they be doing that? Peace isn't as simple as not fighting a war, sometimes we need to fight for the peace we have, and that often means war. What if we had implemented the NDP's peace policies back during the WWI and WWII?

Not letting Canada be sucked of its resources is a primary example of the NDP standing in the way of big business which again many Canadians derive their livelihood from. We are well paid for our resources and we have more than we could ever use ourselves.

Do you honestly believe that the only "real" workers in this country are those who are in a union or those who support the NDP? The success and profitability of big business in Canada is also the success and profitability of many working Canadians, until they understand this basic principle they will garner precious little more support than what they already have.

Defending working Canadians? Sorry I don't see how being pro-union anti-big business defends me and other working Canadians like me. There are many working Canadians who work for big businesses that are NOT unionized. The NDP would regulate us all right out of a job if given half a chance. Regulation is needed but it needs to be limited.

Supporting peace? How precisely would they be doing that? Peace isn't as simple as not fighting a war, sometimes we need to fight for the peace we have, and that often means war. What if we had implemented the NDP's peace policies back during the WWI and WWII?

Not letting Canada be sucked of its resources is a primary example of the NDP standing in the way of big business which again many Canadians derive their livelihood from. We are well paid for our resources and we have more than we could ever use ourselves.

Do you honestly believe that the only "real" workers in this country are those who are in a union or those who support the NDP? The success and profitability of big business in Canada is also the success and profitability of many working Canadians, until they understand this basic principle they will garner precious little more support than what they already have.

I would like to reply but then, I would be off-topic!

I would like to reply but then, I would be off-topic!

Clever - and very regimented thinking. Looks like this writer spends more time looking for technical weakness - then time spent on real contributions. Like a flea that looks for the opening in the fur. If this keeps up - this writer will have us all banned from our own site and home. What does benny have to offer Canada - There are only two types of people in the world - Those that come to take and those that come to contribute - The moderator that closed the ban benny thread states that benny contributes - I have not seen any evidence of that thus far.

Clever - and very regimented thinking. Looks like this writer spends more time looking for technical weakness - then time spent on real contributions. Like a flea that looks for the opening in the fur. If this keeps up - this writer will have us all banned from our own site and home. What does benny have to offer Canada - There are only two types of people in the world - Those that come to take and those that come to contribute - The moderator that closed the ban benny thread states that benny contributes - I have not seen any evidence of that thus far.

grossly off-topic

Anyone else hearing beyond this article that the new IR poll has the Liberals being crushed and the Cons opening up the lead? If true it means Ignaiteff is fallowing the Dion pattern to a T.

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/column...1d-faf0c2d84788

/at least until a new Ipsos-Reid poll came out yesterday that showed the Conservatives surging ahead and flirting with 40% voter support.
Edited by punked

Anyone else hearing beyond this article that the new IR poll has the Liberals being crushed and the Cons opening up the lead? If true it means Ignaiteff is fallowing the Dion pattern to a T.

I know of no poll. The last one listed anywhere is Ekos.

He mentions it was suppose to come out friday, maybe he made it up but I think it was issued by global and IR is waiting until they release to show the numbers. I have no reason to think Don is lying.

I have no idea if he was just making a passing reference to a possibility. As I said, I see no mention being made in any media including the Post, Canwest and Global sites.

Harper’s Tories open big lead over Liberals, poll says

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1922420

The Conservatives now command 39% in support among decided voters, compared with 28% for the Liberals, according to the survey, conducted exclusively for Canwest News Service and Global National by Ipsos Reid. Since the last Ipsos poll two months ago, the Tories have climbed five percentage points, while the Grits have slumped seven points.

The NDP stand in third at 14% of the vote, up one point; followed by the Green party at 10%, up two points. The Bloc Quebecois posted 8% in support nationally, while 7% of respondents were undecided.

The poll comes amid speculation that the government

The Conservatives now command 39% in support among decided voters, compared with 28% for the Liberals, according to the survey, conducted exclusively for Canwest News Service and Global National by Ipsos Reid. Since the last Ipsos poll two months ago, the Tories have climbed five percentage points, while the Grits have slumped seven points.

Well, at those numbers, we could see Harper call a snap election.

As I've said from the beginning, Liberal numbers always go down in the summer and then as soon as Parliament is in session, things settle back again.

Harper might want to take the opportunity now to get that majority.

Why? Harper can get what he wants done with a minority backed up by strong polls. Calling an election is risky even with strong poll numbers and Harper would dumb to force an election at this point in time.

So you think it is impossible?