Stephen Harper's Hypocritial Oath

LOL Obviously it's a poor measure if a paltry 125 can get you the prime ministership!

What's your point?

I have to ask who's sponsoring those ads and why. If it's the Conservatives attempting to impress folks with his brilliance, it ain't working.

You haven't seen the one's with Sarah Palin, John McCain, Barack Obama and Joe Biden?

I am assuming that the company is guessing. I doubt very much it is some sort of conspiracy to scare up votes..

Anyways, my point was clear. You thought Harper's alleged IQ was low for someone leading the country.

My counter was three-fold:

1) His alleged IQ would be in the top 6-7% of the country.

2) regardless, IQ is a bad measure of success and finally,

3) anything over the 120 mark, the difference is largely moot.

Harper would have been able to understand my points.

;)

Edited by White Doors

Being in the top 6 or 7% is certainly nothing to be ashamed of, why would anyone with an average or above IQ even think it is?

As for hypocrisy, well the subject reminds me of Paul Martin and his comment that being against taxes is to be "un-Canadian". This being said while he has all his ships registered under foreign flags in order to avoid the associated taxes.

In short, politics is the arena of hypocrisy.

ROTFLMAO

You keep saying that anything over 120 is moot. On what grounds?

(And while we are at it, while high IQ is a poor indicator of success, low IQ does tends to indicate limits fairly accurately.)

Curious why you find my points so funny though? Anyways, 125 IQ is certainly not low.

Low IQ of 80 and below can certainly be detrimental to one's future, you will not get an argument from me on that one.

As to anything over 120 the difference is largely moot according to research that I can't seem to find right now, but there are a couple of papers out on that very subject. Also, they used to break down IQ in the upper echelons into different categories but now tend to say that anything over 128 IQ is 'vastly superior'.

I am assuming you took an IQ test and scored higher than this?

"People that brag about their IQ are losers" - Stephen Hawking

Also, is rolling on the floor and laughing your ass off a smart thing to do?

Edited by White Doors

I read that people with high IQ's are usually people gifted in that one sector which they usually make a career in but take them out of their element and they come across a 'normal". Now Harper has an degree in economics and he said he knew this economic slow down was coming last fall so why didn't he plan a better plan? Why did he lie to the voters about deficit when he knew there was one or going to be one?

I read that people with high IQ's are usually people gifted in that one sector which they usually make a career in but take them out of their element and they come across a 'normal". Now Harper has an degree in economics and he said he knew this economic slow down was coming last fall so why didn't he plan a better plan? Why did he lie to the voters about deficit when he knew there was one or going to be one?

Harper has his degree in economics but never worked as an economist. That being said, many believe he knew the recession/economic crisis WAS coming so called an early election before Canadians found out.

As to hypocrisy, I stated that he was not the first two-faced politician by a long shot. However, he and his supporters hold him up to being a man of integrity, but his entire campaign of hatred to save his job has been exposed as one big lie after another big lie. He can no longer use (and in fact no longer is) the whole "I'm being picked on", "deals with 'Separatists'", "unDemocratic", "Unpatriotic", "bad food in Peru", "not my fault", etc. deception.

It brought him a brief period of public support, but talk around the water cooler is not flattering to a man exposed as a complete fraud.