The Presidential Debates: To Be Or Not To Be?

Listen Bush can't debate Kerry because Bush has been busted for misleading,misconduct,preaching about war while cutting Vet.benefits,promoting out-soucing while refusing to extending unemployment benefits,telling the Judicial Branch that they have no rights to do their duty when the Constitution gives them that right,purposing an admendment to the Constitution against gay marriage,not enforcing the laws on Corp. CEO's for misconduct. I really don't see much to debate about.

If anything, Mr. Bush is avoiding "doing his duty" by being on vacation half the time and then campaigning for the other half. I'm sure he could take an hour off to debate.

Bush will debate Kerry eventually...he won't be able to pass up the opportunity to get more great quotes out of Kerry like last Tuesday's:

From the NY Times today:

"On Tuesday he responded to Republican attacks that he had voted against an $87 billion appropriation to support, in part, American troops in Iraq. 'I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it', he said.

He then promptly disappeared to ( unlike Bush who takes "holidays" when he's away) "regroup" on the slopes of Sun Valley Idaho.

He sure DOES need to regroup, even those on HIS side are saying he needs to get out of town:

Art Torres, the California Democratic chairman said " I think that some of John's offhanded comments about foreign leaders are becoming a caricature for cartoonists and others. Once people start making fun of you, you're in real trouble and it's hard to move forward"

And you think Bush will pass up the chance for more of this? Not on your life. Even if Bush just sits on a stool & hums "Down in the West Texas town of El Paso" at a debate, Kerry'll dig his own grave.