Knives out for Palin

I disagree with your premise. Who are you to tell people what their interests are? And who are you to know what their interests are?

While I was in Michigan, I was talking to guys who haven't voted for a Republican in three or four election cycles and yet were enthralled by this crazy, fundy fascist in a skirt who is on the far, far right wing of the political spectrum. It's one thing if you're a Limbaugh fan - this would be your perfect candidate (if she was competent), but why would some left wing Democrats even entertain the idea of voting for her?

No, that's quite alright. Don't bother posting your DailyKos references. Most of what you posted was lies anyways.
Sure they are! All the bad news about her is lies! I could have included more dirt, but I avoided the off the record stuff that other people claim she said.
Looks like Palin Derangement Syndrome is still thriving, despite the election being long over.

I wonder if conservatives back in 1933 were talking about Hitler Derangement Syndrome? This election may be over, but Palin is already campaigning for the Republican nomination in 2012. Present trends indicate that her luck is running out. If Ted Stevens had won and had to be replaced because of his convictions, Sarah Palin was expected to try to take his seat in the Senate, so that she would have a continued presence in Washington. Campaigning from Alaska will be more difficult, especially now that oil revenues are dropping and the mainstream media has shone some light on her conduct as Governor.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're reading it that way, it's either because you're not very good at reading, or intent on willfully misconstruing what she actually said. There's no reason to make yourself look foolish by pursuing this topic when there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Palin.

-k

I'm a little late to the discussion, but have to side with kimmy on this. I don't think an honest reading of Palin's statement could allow anyone to claim she thinks we're doing God's work. I think a fair reading is that she's praying the work we do is God's will.

If she is unsure of God's will and needs to pray for instruction - then that is a problem - If she is sure of herself and trusts in her own God given ethics and principles there is no need to worry about what God expects. Seems that she may not have such a good connection with the big Papa. If Palin was mature and secure - she would avoid any metion of God - It's a very private matter - Old Christian doctrine specifially states that you are to prey in private- not public.

I wonder if conservatives back in 1933

Yes of course, it always leads back to Hitler. :rolleyes:

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states:[2][3]

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[5] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki talk pages.

For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress

Wikipedia

You lose! :lol:

Yes of course, it always leads back to Hitler. :rolleyes:

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states:[2][3]

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[5] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki talk pages.

For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress

Wikipedia

You lose! :lol:

So the Nazis win? Jezzz the Nazification of America was so easy - took about two days - Those guys will believe in anything as long as it's dressed up in black and sinister. By the way don't believe anything you read on the net.

I'm a little late to the discussion, but have to side with kimmy on this. I don't think an honest reading of Palin's statement could allow anyone to claim she thinks we're doing God's work. I think a fair reading is that she's praying the work we do is God's will.

Really! Then why does she claim the building of an

is doing God's will? Or, why does she say:
unless she thinks she has the hotline to God?

Old Christian doctrine specifially states that you are to prey in private- not public.

The point of that scripture being that you should not pray simply to be seen. Not literally that one ought not to pray in public with fellow christians. Nowhere does it say it should be a private matter.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/05/poll.2012/

Huckabee might be a great guy, and Palin's a semi-decent governor. However if this is the future for the RNC I can't help but wonder if conservatism will be put back a generation. What conservatism needs are people with new ideas about the future with strong conviction, not some faux-populist drivel.

While this might not be "knives out for Palin", it seems like somebody thought she (and many other governors) deserved the fake anthrax letter panic treatment:

White powder mailed to Palin's office. Oddly, the letter was addressed to Palin's predecessor, Frank Murkowski, even though he has been out of office for over 2 years.

Palin is not alone: at least 30 governors have been targetted. All of the letters have Dallas-area postmarks.

In at least one case,

the powder has been found to be flour.

-k

What is that? A plea for attention or something?

Yes.

I didn't even think this merited a response, but if you insist...

Correct.

While you obviously fancy yourself a real scholar, you frankly don't convey that impression.

LOL

Second off, I will point out that only a complete idiot would make assumptions about somebody's religious beliefs based on what province they're from.

Well, people in Quebec...

And finally, even though it shouldn't be an issue, it bugs me to be accused of being a religious kook. I'm an atheist, raised by atheists, and I have strong feelings about religion intruding into the public sphere.

Being religious doesn't make one a "kook".

-k

?