"Catastrophic Drug Plan"

betsy

When I heard the newscaster saying the Liberals have announced their catastrophic drug plan....well I assumed the newscaster was just repeating what critics had been saying - that this new plan is a catastrophy!

Catastrophic Drug Plan? Who wants that? :lol:

It's just another proof that shows how the Liberals are making new policies on the fly, their policies are as half-baked or ill-concieved as the names that they come up with.

First was the use of the name "Green Shift." For something supposedly so important, that was supposed to be the main focus of their platform, no one even had the presence of mind to check if they can use the name.

Second, something about the "Green Farms Farm" which Dion mentioned while explaining the details of his Green Shift vision.

And now, this Catastrophic Drug Plan.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard the newscaster saying the Liberals have announced their catastrophic drug plan....well I assumed the newscaster was just repeating what critics had been saying - that this new plan is a catastrophy!

Catastrophic Drug Plan? Who wants that? :lol:

It's just another proof that shows how the Liberals are making new policies on the fly, their policies are as half-baked or ill-concieved as the names that they come up with.

First was the use of the name "Green Shift." For something supposedly so important, that was supposed to be the main focus of their platform, no one even had the presence of mind to check if they can use the name.

Second, something about the "Green Farms Farm" which Dion mentioned while explaining the details of his Green Shift vision.

And now, this Catastrophic Drug Plan.

Don't forget millions promised for the fisheries when there are no more fish to catch.

It doesn't even come close to making me think about voting for him, but the catastrophic drug plan is the first sensible thing I've heard Dion say since he was elected Liberal leader. It would be nice if he could manage to get that plan implemented as leader of the opposition.

I agree 100%. if their estimates are correct, it doesn't even come at that terribly high a cost.

Well, other than in the case of the gun registry, they are...or rather were, usually pretty good at it. Of course, without Paul Martin, I'm not sure.

One of my very favorite Liberal 'estimates' was their unilateral calculation(announced by Paul Martin) that the Liberal Party of Canada had actually only stolen $1.4 million of the $200 million or so that went missing in adscam.

Did they ever actually return that money to the Receiver General?

Do they have an estimated timeline for it?

One of my very favorite Liberal 'estimates' was their unilateral calculation(announced by Paul Martin) that the Liberal Party of Canada had actually only stolen $1.4 million of the $200 million or so that went missing in adscam.

Did they ever actually return that money to the Receiver General?

Do they have an estimated timeline for it?

Yeah, they did return the money.

Smallc and Bryan, you're missing my point. I'm not talking about whether it is a good plan or not.....but judging from the lack of planning on how they chosed to name that plan, "CATASTROPHIC Drug Plan," I'm not surprised at all if the whole policy is based on that: lack of planning.

In other words, Harper was just stating facts that the Liberals are making up new policies as they go along.

That's what's so scary about the Liberals. Their desperation.

To promise whatever it takes to win.

And if they win, they'll be playing with taxpayers' money and you can be sure, it'll be another boondagle...and this time....catastrophic boondagle.

Well, at least we can't say that Dion did not warn us. After all, he described his plan as such: Catastrophic. :lol:

Edited by betsy

Funny how the media were talking that Dion apparently runs the whole campaign. He decides on everything.

And I tend to believe that. His English is bad. It's reflecting on the names of projects/policies that he approves.

This names wre not coined by marketing experts.

Btw, not one media described him in such an inflammatory description like what they did to Harper.

Not one media ever labelled Dion as CONTROLLING.

Edited by betsy

Great idea. Free cancer drugs. One in three will need it before we die. How is this less important than bailouts to the auto industry, Bombardier, what have you?

Sure if you lose your job at the bomber, you are unemployed. But if you die from cancer because you can't afford the drugs, YOU ARE FRIGGIN DEAD.

No brainer. Screw Bomber, GM and Ford. Drugs for cancer patients. What am I missing here?

I was listening to the Podcast version of Politics w. Don Newman. Apparently, this plan has already been announced more than once by the Liberals, going back as far as the 1997 Red Book. <_<

Indeed, LOL

However, doesn't Ontario have such a plan with Trillium, I'm sure we do have it.

Smallc and Bryan, you're missing my point. I'm not talking about whether it is a good plan or not.....but judging from the lack of planning on how they chosed to name that plan, "CATASTROPHIC Drug Plan," I'm not surprised at all if the whole policy is based on that: lack of planning.

This type of plan has been talked about by parties for a long time. They haven't just made it up. You didn't think that the Liberals were only about the environment did you?

It is a name insurance companies have used rather than one that was created by Dion or the Liberal party.

Only a hyperpartisan would take issue with the name.

Indeed, LOL

However, doesn't Ontario have such a plan with Trillium, I'm sure we do have it.

Of course we do, our neighbour whose drugs cost upwards of $20,000 a year gets help from them and my daughter who developed leukemia and lost her benefits after Mr. Harris laid off 20% of the "Bimbo" got it as well. What do the other provinces do with their lottery takes.

I smell another big bureaucracy to fund and administer this proposed drug plan. I mean, you couldn't leave such a plan in the hands of the private sector. We wouldn't want two-tier health care in Canada. :P

Do you think all catastrophic health risks are insurable by the private sector?

It is a name insurance companies have used rather than one that was created by Dion or the Liberal party.

Only a hyperpartisan would take issue with the name.

Can't they come up with a better name than that? :rolleyes:

It's one thing for it to be used by insurance companies....but when you're on a campaign trail, trying to sell the idea and you know political opponents will try to shoot it down, why provide the opportunity?

Especially when the party is well-known for boondagles, this name really invites mockery. It can easily be twisted about to mean something else, like a catastrophic drug plan.

Jane Taber described what she saw and sensed in the campaign plane. She said the Liberals are so dis-organized. Nobody seems to know what they're doing.

It may seem petty to be taking issue with a name. But it is telling. It speaks volumes.