Understanding George Bush

NOT MUCH TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT HIM

He is the kind of guy that I would not like. However, after Iraq broke the cearfire he made a good call. Lucky? No, I think he had good advisors and was smart enough to listen as like you, I really doubt his integrity or intelligence.

its been reported (And never refuted) that he got into yale with a c- average. hell you cant even get into many canadian universities with a c- average. was a drunk till he was 40? or something. then turned born again christian or something. not a very impressive record. i dont see anything impressive about the man, just another guy in power who does what his system of power tells him to do. but then again, only the people who play the game make it big in politics/corperations, so its the question of teh chicken or the egg. there is also significent accounts of the conservative christian movement warning him not to give land to the palestinians, else they would not turn out in 2004. one reason why he isnt engaged in the peace talks, it will surely lead to land concessions.

i dont see anything impressive about the man, just another guy in power who does what his system of power tells him to do.

LOL, welcome to politics Riff. Churchill is dead, I suppose you expected another great leader like Cretien or Martin?

Comon, name some good ones that are alive today, dare you.

Comon, name some good ones that are alive today, dare you.

well i liked clinton cause at least you could tell he was smart.

i like cretien because he used to say all those stupid things when abroad. at least it was amusing

i actually respect blairs loyalty to the US, however misplaced it is

but all in all none of them are great men i think. but then again, even the men thought to be great men are just blown up by history. real great men never get so much power, cause they dont sell out.

sirriff

I get amused when I read a variety of opinions on George Bush - usually from non-Americans or from the 'Left' side of the political spectrum.

Ignoring the politically motivated hatred (remember the Rabid Republican 'Impeach Clinton' movement) it seems that the opinions expressed have much to do with the simple fact that George Bush is not a "TV Personality", is not a public speaker, a Snake Oil Salesman or 'Slick Willie' !

For the last fifty years, with the coming of the TV Age, the Media has insisted that a 'Politician' must be photogenic and it is doubtful that an "Abe Lincoln" (not a pretty boy) would make it far in a photogenic contest. Fortunately, the Public has not always agreed with this Media opinion.

We will never know how George Bush would have been judged as a President absent 9.11; perhaps he would have been a one-termer remembered as one unable to get anything thru a divided Congress. Or perhaps not but we will never know.

With 9.11, a challenge was made of him and his response, based upon his individual strengths has been exceptional. I suggest you consider the following:

1) President Bush does not believe he is the smartest one in the White House or in America. With this lack of an oversized ego, he has been free to seek the best advice which can be found, at home and abroad, and chart a course based upon this advice consistent with his view on an appropriate direction for America in the World today, as he sees it. Political expediency has not been allowed to be a factor in the defense of America no matter how stupidly (Steel Tariffs) it has been exercised domestically.

2) His "Born Again Christianity" has imbued him with a world view and morality which can be simply expressed as a belief in "God, Home and Country". Despite the sneers of the Media and the Elite, the vast majority of Americans respond to this belief.

3) His "Focus" is strong and unlike his predecessor who could see six sides to every problem, he remembers his purpose is to drain the swamp of Islamic hatred.

All in all, George Bush is no Carter or Clinton - thank God. Both were so intelligent and so involved in seeing every option, they were ineffectual when it came to tough decisions on National Security. Both were too smart for their own good or for the good of America.

Give me a man with the courage of his convictions (convictions with which I agree) and the ability to make hard decisions consistent with his beliefs. George Bush is such a man and he continues to be misunderestimated by a great many people.

Good post Ned. I often wonder what it would be like if 911 ever happened as well. I agree that he is no Chomsky but also agree that he is smart enough to seek advice and not afraid to take it. I feel that when you are that high up on the food chain you are smarter than most normal people anyhow and the difference between one thing or another is a combination of luck and public sway.

What will be interesting to see, provided he is re-elected is what new weapon the Left will use in place of 'Illegal Government' and how he has gone against the wishes of the people of the USA.

I don't know if I posted this here before but i feel personally that he has a severe character flaw that would make him unsuitable to me as a friend, however, I don't imagine that i will ever have to deal with that.

1) President Bush does not believe he is the smartest one in the White House or in America. With this lack of an oversized ego, he has been free to seek the best advice which can be found, at home and abroad, and chart a course based upon this advice consistent with his view on an appropriate direction for America in the World today, as he sees it. Political expediency has not been allowed to be a factor in the defense of America no matter how stupidly (Steel Tariffs) it has been exercised domestically.

Paugh. Bushy is a tool, pure and simple. His lack of intelligence or, indeed, independent thought makes him the ideal president for the special interest groups represented by the likes of Perle, Cheney, Wolfowitz et al.

2) His "Born Again Christianity" has imbued him with a world view and morality which can be simply expressed as a belief in "God, Home and Country". Despite the sneers of the Media and the Elite, the vast majority of Americans respond to this belief.

Yeah, and seperation of church and state be damned. After all, it's not like that's written down anywhere....

3) His "Focus" is strong and unlike his predecessor who could see six sides to every problem, he remembers his purpose is to drain the swamp of Islamic hatred.

All in all, George Bush is no Carter or Clinton - thank God. Both were so intelligent and so involved in seeing every option, they were ineffectual when it came to tough decisions on National Security. Both were too smart for their own good or for the good of America.

Give me a man with the courage of his convictions (convictions with which I agree) and the ability to make hard decisions consistent with his beliefs. George Bush is such a man and he continues to be misunderestimated by a great many people.

This is, bar none, the scariest, most disturbing thing I've ever read on this board (and that's saying something). God forbid a leader posess intellect, perspective, compassion: nosirree, give us a smirking simpelton who can provide simple solutions to complex problems anyday. :blink:

Bush = Stupid...mostly for going to war with Iraq...here is my take on it

Countries, in Africa have many more problems then Iraq. With aids, mass murders, and many troublesome horrors. Iraq, on the other hand has a dictator, who kills his own men and women. That in itself is horrid. You should never kill your own people. But just because a country has this going on, does not give us the United States the right to ‘but’ in. That is what the Europeans did to Africa. They used ethnocentric ideas, which is believing your society is better then any other; thus it’s your common duty to change their ways of life. That is something that I long to disagree with. If we were going to be true to that statement we would pick African countries over Iraq. But then the game comes in, raw materials. Africa does not have oil…, which America needs. Making Iraq a prime target for American war.

Not having actual factual information against Iraq makes this war a huge mistake. When a country strikes war, you must always have facts. Not having facts that they were tied to September 11, and not having facts that they have weapons of mass destruction makes this war more and more invalid. In the mean time, Iraq never had the weapons bush said they did. Did we forget North Korea? They have weapons, but what they don't have is oil!

Muslim 97% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christian or other 3%

Those are the percents of religions in Iraq, and if we were to have a democracy, what do you think would happen? Wouldn’t they just vote in someone of their religion, and then it just may turn into a dictatorship once again? Democracy is impossible in Iraq, at the very moment.

So then we invade Iraq, to ride a murder. In doing so we bomb buildings that civilians work at, and kill innocent lives (10,000). We have now become no better then Saddam, we are ridding a murderer to become one ourselves. Yes Saddam has killed more then 10,000, but look at the amount of time he has had compared to ours.

If you notice our terror alerts have gone up, even though they were suppose to go down once we got Saddam Hussein. Oh and our prime target Osama Bin Laden is now shoved into our memories.

America has suffered the civil war, and the revolution. All of these wars were not fought on a world platform or considered a world war. All the people that lived through these wars are thus not living. We choose not to listen to Europe, when they speak out against our war. We don’t give two cents to the people that have had massive wars, that also have people who are still alive that have suffered a home front war.

The United Nations, we left. We leave an organization that we are committed too. Then now asking for help in return.

The only correct way to fix iraq, is to do it on a world platform.

Iraq needs to be fought with the world support not just American and British support. Although most people in the United Kingdom don’t agree with this war...

If you notice we got military support from Germany and France when we attacked Afghanistan. Those are the two countries that have fought out against our war. So my taking is we should maybe listen to the wise. Maybe that’s a wake up call, in saying this war isn’t correct…for they don’t support us like they did previously.

The protests that were throughout America, and all around the world mean nothing. Thousands protested. None were heard. This brings me back to; bush senior didn’t get the job done. So now bush is getting it done for him. And in doing so, it’s costing billions to destroy Iraq, and billions more to rebuild it.

:angry:

What will be interesting to see, provided he is re-elected is what new weapon the Left will use in place of 'Illegal Government' and how he has gone against the wishes of the people of the USA.

Perhaps the economy.

The average worker has seen millions of high-paying jobs shipped overseas. The replacement jobs, according to economics, are supposed to pay more but they haven't materialized.

Tax cuts and wage cuts do help the economy but there's a point at which they don't help anymore.

Where is that point ?

Who would invest in an economy where the consumers had no money to spend ?