Green leader Elizabeth May only became Canadian citizen at age 24

So am I....

No.. this is what you said

"Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. The United States contributed directly and substantially to the UK's Falkland War effort in 1982 all while publicly denying such help."

I was talking about the current Falkland Islands dispute, not the one in 1982

I was talking about the current Falkland Islands dispute, not the one in 1982

..and I am telling you that the UK is getting all kinds of direct and indirect support from the Americans all over again. That would include intel collection, analysis, communications intercepts, economic pressure, military support, etc.

The UK will not be caught flat footed again.

..and I am telling you that the UK is getting all kinds of direct and indirect support from the Americans all over again. That would include intel collection, analysis, communications intercepts, economic pressure, military support, etc.

The UK will not be caught flat footed again.

I highly doubt that, U.S & Argentina are allies now, wait, I can see the U.S playing both sides, okay maybe you're right

Canada sent defoliants, herbicides, napalm, boots, and other war materials instead. Made a bundle off of that war, eh?

you try your best to make Canada sound just as bad as the US but even with harper canada is still the cute lil puppy dog you see in the window, the one with the waggly tail

Edited by olpfan1

you try your best to make Canada sound just as bad as the US but even with harper canada is still the cute lil puppy dog you see in the window, the one with the waggly tail

Yep...it's fun to play with the young ones like you...mostly clueless about the history of such things. The older members know better.

• 7 years later...
On 2/16/2012 at 3:14 PM, guyser said:

Who are you? Ann Coulter?

No , 'we' were never in Vietnam.

I grew up in a military family, raised on bases.  I had friends who's Fathers served as Canadian soldiers IN Vietnam.  That was on an artillery base, but there were infantry units there as well.   I don't know the numbers nor their actual duties, but you can rest assured a teenage kid who's old man wore our uniform in theater at the height of US involvement doesn't make mistakes about such things.  Being strongly anti-Vietnam myself, hearing such a shocking thing from an extremely credible and reliable source is not the kind of thing I will ever forget.  It was something that was definitely NOT supposed to be known or discussed.  Another thing I remember very well was my Father's multiple exchanges with US forces of new weapons systems, tactics, strategies, etc. during lengthy visits and assignments in USA.   The Canadian Army worked VERY closely with the US in the '50s and '60s.  

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

I grew up in a military family, raised on bases.  I had friends who's Fathers served as Canadian soldiers IN Vietnam.  That was on an artillery base, but there were infantry units there as well.   I don't know the numbers nor their actual duties, but you can rest assured a teenage kid who's old man wore our uniform in theater at the height of US involvement doesn't make mistakes about such things.  Being strongly anti-Vietnam myself, hearing such a shocking thing from an extremely credible and reliable source is not the kind of thing I will ever forget.  It was something that was definitely NOT supposed to be known or discussed.  Another thing I remember very well was my Father's multiple exchanges with US forces of new weapons systems, tactics, strategies, etc. during lengthy visits and assignments in USA.   The Canadian Army worked VERY closely with the US in the '50s and '60s.  

33,000 Canadians served in Vietnam.  33,000 Americans dodged the draft in Canada.  1 for 1 replacement.

My Canadian uncle, mothers brother, served in Vietnam. 65' - 66'

Helicopter pilot.  The First Team .  1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile)

Any leader of a federal political party should only have Canadian citizenship for obvious reasons. I’m surprised by Andrew Scheer still having US citizenship and giving such a lame excuse for being in this embarrassing position:

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/conservative-leader-andrew-scheer-is-a-dual-canadian-u-s-citizen

The one thing about being a dual American Canadian citizen, which I am, is that you have to side with America first.

America takes no position against undertaking additional obligations to the British Crown, but that's on me.

None the less, you still have to fulfill your obligations to America, the additional obligations to other sovereigns is my problem.

It's not just about filing with the IRS, America is simply more vital than Canada is, Canada is just an American protectorate, Puerto Rico North.

No foreign giant shall drink a drop from the Mississippi, ultimately Canada is no man's land.

United Kingdom - United States Security Agreement.   Canada is neither here nor there.

God bless America.  God save the Queen.  In the darkest hour, for the free world.

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

How/why the dual citizenship ?   I believe you mentioned that you were born in Vancouver ?   Just curious . . . .

My grandparents moved the family to America after the Second World War.  To California. Became Americans. 

My father was raised in California.  He came back to Canada to marry my mother, who is from Nova Scotia, but moved to BC.

My father was American, my mother is Canadian. 

My American grandfather was originally from Hamilton.  He served in the RCAF in the war.  Decided to seek his fortune in America after.

My American grandmother was originally from Vancouver,  they met out West when my grandfather was training with the RCAF.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I however have no memory of being a child in BC, my parents moved to Halifax when I was a baby, so for me, it's like I was born in Nova Scotia, that's my earliest memories.

You don’t like Canada and should renounce your Canadian citizenship.  Canada first or get out.  

Canada is falling under the undue influence of the Communist Chinese.  This is no longer about cross border rivalry, this is at the threshold of national security.

I still hold to my oath to Her Majesty and those who are loyal to Her.   American come to their aid, in the face of a communist takeover.

I serve the free world, against the enemies of freedom, and I always have.

Edited by Dougie93