McCain picks woman for VP slot

There you go again, another "smug and superior" whine. What's it about those two words that so frightens you? What are you so insecure about?

It's just that while you are not the first member to exhibit this nauseating posture, you actually seem to believe it! :lol:

Why are you here on Mapleleafweb? It's a Canadian forum. And whenever we talk about American politics you get all rattled and upset and defensive. You could just go away. What's it to you what Canadians discuss or think about? Do you think America is so weak she needs you to defend her from Canadians? You should see what your fellow Americans (I assume you're American) are saying about Americans on The Well or over at Volconvo.com.

Why am I here? For entertainment, of course. It is delightful to take the smug and self righteous types like you and shove your noses in Canadian made crap even while you bemoan other nations and the choices of their citizens.

I represent the reality of raw American economic and political power, not fantasies about what America was, is, or should be.

I've been here a while son....you are just a rookie.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that while you are not the first member to exhibit this nauseating posture, you actually seem to believe it! :lol:

Why am I here? For entertainment, of course. It is delightful to take the smug and self righteous types like you and shove your noses in Canadian made crap even while you bemoan other nations and the choices of their citizens.

I represent the reality of raw American economic and political power, not fantasies about what America was, is, or should be.

I've been here a while son....you are just a rookie.

There you go again, obsessing over "smug" and "self righteous".

You are "the reality of raw American economic and political power"? Really? Talk about smug and self-righteous. Well, at any rate, I'm glad we Canadians can, at least, entertain one American.

And, as for me being a "rookie", just goes to show that experience is no indicator of competence?

Tell that to a judge... next time (really if I believed you) you are in chambers or in court, ask the judge about "con" law.

Seriously. The judge will ask... do you mean "contractual law"? And will proceed to reprimand you for using unclear language. As a lawyer (if I believed you) you would know how important clear, concise language is. You are not a lawyer or you would know this.

Cheers!

Hey Sulaco, you started it with the fumbling aging hippy slur. How exactly did you become a high-powered law practitioner when all your professors were aging fumbling hippies again?

How did that work?

Did you go to the Dean and tell her/him that you were smarter than the professors? How did that work out for you? :lol:

Given that the judge also probably attended law school prior to entering his vocation chances are when he referred to constitutional law he also called it con law. But your concern with my professional advancement is welcome. If you tell me what you do I too can begin advising you on how you should carry on with your business.

Why would I go to the dean? I just took the mandatory minimum of constitutional law classes I could.

There you go again, obsessing over "smug" and "self righteous".

Thank you for the Ronald Reagan reference....long live the Gipper.

You are "the reality of raw American economic and political power"? Really? Talk about smug and self-righteous. Well, at any rate, I'm glad we Canadians can, at least, entertain one American.

It's a living...and path to dual citizenship.

And, as for me being a "rookie", just goes to show that experience is no indicator of competence?

No, but rookies can be smug from the 'git go.

She also has more "executive experience" (whatever that means) than John McCain.

Well, McCain is a war veteran. Obama is a....wait, what is he again?

Bush has been in office for eight years and still comes off as mildly retarded (with my deepest apologies to the mildly retarded).

Awe sour grapes! How sweet (sic). If Bush is so stupid, just think how stupid the Dems would have to be to keep losing elections to him! mwaaahh!.

By the way, DOGGY, besides your one line cynical BS criticizing other viewpoints, do you actually ever posit your own thoughts on here?

Cheers!

:lol:

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

Well, McCain is a war veteran. Obama is a....wait, what is he again?

Awe sour grapes! How sweet (sic). If Bush is so stupid, just think how stupid the Dems would have to be to keep losing elections to him! mwaaahh!.

By the way, DOGGY, besides your one line cynical BS criticizing other viewpoints, do you actually ever posit your own thoughts on here?

Cheers!

:lol:

McCain is a skeltal aged freak held together by chemicals - much like Cheney is held together by a hearing aid battery in a pace maker...McCain needs a human body ( female ) seeing his has run it's course and is just a ghost of a being attempting to be vital - he has no vital signs to speak of - so the woman full of life will be him - wonder if he will have his brain transplanted into this upstart Alaskan? :huh:

Well, McCain is a war veteran.

But since McCain, unlike previous presidential candidates, is afraid to release his full military record, we don't what kind of veteran he is do we? We only have his word and stories about his military career. Which would be OK if we knew that McCain wasn't such a liar.

So you agree then, that the USA is old, washed up, with cake makeup melting, prayin' to gawd for salvation and Jebus' return... as in a "Tammy Faye Baker" type.

I still don't get where your pseudo-superiority comes from. Or is it just the trolling you enjoy? Not getting enough attention at home? :(

But since McCain, unlike previous presidential candidates, is afraid to release his full military record, we don't what kind of veteran he is do we? We only have his word and stories about his military career. Which would be OK if we knew that McCain wasn't such a liar.

Doesn't matter....he would still be a war veteran with an honorable discharge.

Don't you love the irony from the complainers about "swift boating", who then try the same tactic against John McCain?

Seeing it was the guy's first and only post, I don't see how you can define him as a complainer about "swiftboating" so I don't see the irony. I do, however, see the reaffirmation of the common image of conservatives creating an artificial "us versus them", you're-either-with-us-or-against-us environment where their opponent is collectively packaged in a neat stereotype to be swiftly boated.

But is it really swiftboating to ask to see McCain's military record, or does he have something to hide, like Cindy McCain and her tax returns.

Edited by BubberMiley

Doesn't matter....he would still be a war veteran with an honorable discharge.

How does being a veteran make you more or less qualified to be President? George W. Bush is a veteran and recognized by most Americans and historians to be very poor president. Franklin D. Roosevelt was not a veteran and considered by most to have been a great president. FDR's background was in law, like Obama's, not the military like McCain's.

To be even more accurate, they broke them many more times after. :)

Well, that's McCain's story isn't it? And we know he's a liar. Have you seen the footage of his release? Looks pretty good, wouldn't you say? Even lifts his arm above his shoulder to salute.

The problem is that McCain is afraid to release his military records which include his POW debriefing. We, in fact, don't know the truth about McCain's time as a POW. All we know is the stories he tells. And, as I say, we know McCain's a liar.

How does being a veteran make you more or less qualified to be President? George W. Bush is a veteran and recognized by most Americans and historians to be very poor president. Franklin D. Roosevelt was not a veteran and considered by most to have been a great president. FDR's background was in law, like Obama's, not the military like McCain's.

Has little bearing at all except when one's political opponent is not. Then it matters huge in the US of A. POW is even better. But I was specifically responding to your post relative to undisclosed military records, as this is irrelevant to Senator McCain's status as a Vietnam War veteran. I'm sure his DD214 is just as valid as mine.

FDR's background served him well when it came to interning 120,000 Japanese Americans and resident aliens.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Don't you love the irony from the complainers about "swift boating", who then try the same tactic against John McCain?

They don't realize that, by definition, Senator John McCain in invulnerable to such tactics. He never spit on his fellow veterans in front of Congress or threw his medals on the White House lawn or consorted with the enemy in Paris while in the service of his country.

Well, that's McCain's story isn't it? And we know he's a liar. Have you seen the footage of his release? Looks pretty good, wouldn't you say? Even lifts his arm above his shoulder to salute.

The problem is that McCain is afraid to release his military records which include his POW debriefing. We, in fact, don't know the truth about McCain's time as a POW. All we know is the stories he tells. And, as I say, we know McCain's a liar.

Hmm, sounds like you're kinda swift-boating him there. Actually, I shouldn't use the term swift-boating, because that should be reserved for when your fellow servicemen actually speak truely about your war record. Like in the case of John Kerry.

They don't realize that, by definition, Senator John McCain in invulnerable to such tactics. He never spit on his fellow veterans in front of Congress or threw his medals on the White House lawn or consorted with the enemy in Paris while in the service of his country.

Don't forget about the picture mocking the Iwo Jima flag raising either. Can you believe he had some problems with the veteran vote? :blink:

John McCain, "Songbird" as the Vietnamese called him, collaborated with enemy to such an extent that under the U.S. Constitution's 14th amendment, he's probably prohibited from being the President. Section III of the 14th Amendment states,

“Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability. ”

By his own admission, McCain gave aid to the Vietnamese. That fact is not in dispute.

So unless McCain gets a 2/3 majority of both Senate and the House of Representatives to "remove such disability", he can't serve as a President. Perhaps he can claim he acted under duress of torture. But the "torture" he alleges to have received does not rise to the level of torture under current US law, laws McCain supports.

Wow, if the Democrats go down this road they might as well save money and stop campaigning now and give the keys to the white house to McCain and Palin.

Unreal.

So... you think the 'torture' in Abu Ghraib was 'worse' than what the Vietcong N NVA gave McCain?

And you still expect us to take you seriously?

Seriously?

Those are the facts. Read McCain's own accounts of his alleged torture. Read the reports of Abu Ghraib. Compare the two. Bear mind, too, that while we have facts and pictures of Abu Ghraib, we only have McCain's story about his POW experience. He won't release his military records which includes his POW debrief.

You don't have to take me seriously, but you might want to consider taking the facts seriously.

Here's McCain's story: John McCain's account of Viet Cong torture. Here's Abu Ghraib: Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse.

Edited by Barts

Those are the facts. Read McCain's own accounts of his alleged torture. Read the reports of Abu Ghraib. Compare the two. Bear mind, too, that while we have facts and pictures of Abu Ghraib, we only have McCain's story about his POW experience. He won't release his military records which includes his POW debrief.

But Senator McCain has already held US federal office, making your point moot, even if it had any substance. Any association with Abu Ghraib would be a very amateur "swiftboating" effort anyway. You would have better luck with the Keating Five.