McCain picks woman for VP slot

Guest American Woman
Bush never comes off well but he's been a fantastic president.

I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't come across well and he didn't do well. His approval rating supports my view. The fact that even McCain and Palin are trying to pretend they are for "change" adds even more support to my view.

It was her first national interview.

And the election is in less than two months. Should we give her the benefit of the doubt and see how well she does three months from now? :rolleyes: If the fact that this was her first interview is a factor in how well she's able to answer questions such as those posed to her, she's not ready to lead. She's not qualified for the job.

I think she'll get better exponentially as she does more of these.

Well that certainly relieves my mind. Hopefully she'd "get better" before she'd have to lead. Normally in order to be "qualified" one has to do well right from the git go. But if she needs more practice, she should be doing in in a lesser position than VP and come back when she's ready.

Frankly Charlie Gibson sat there like a beauty contest judge, looking down his nose at her, unlike the gushing east coast media cush given to The Annointed One (Obama), even though he's never led anything in his life.

And there it is. What it all comes back to when the Palin supporters have nothing relevant to say. Out comes the Poor Palin is a Victim card. Boring as hell, totally off the wall, and I'm not wasting my time going there.

At least Palin has been a governor. What has Barack ever led?

If you don't know, I suggest you spend less time posting here and more time getting informed. As I said, I'm not going down a different road every time one of you attempts to divert from the actual topic.

Edited by American Woman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tpoic is pretty straightforward. Palin answers questions better than hillary and has more executive experience than barack obama.

next.

Palin does not answer questions better than Hillary Clinton. If you think that you're hard of hearing and have poor sight.

Also, the "executive experience" card is interesting. What is this executive experience you speak of and what evidence do you have that this executive experience is an indicator of how well a person would serve in high office. The Rabid Right just makes things up, and expects the rest of us to accept their pronouncements.

Define executive experience, and demonstrate that it's important to have in order to be a Vice President or President. Also tell me if it's executive experience that's important or executive skill. A person can have one without necessarily the other.

I have pointed out that Governor Palin has more executive experience Barack Obama. Shall we discuss?

She also has more "executive experience" (whatever that means) than John McCain.

Bush never comes off well but he's been a fantastic president.

Well, you're half right.

It was her first national interview. I think she'll get better exponentially as she does more of these.

Bush has been in office for eight years and still comes off as mildly retarded (with my deepest apologies to the mildly retarded). Is there any reason to think Palin will do better?

Frankly Charlie Gibson sat there like a beauty contest judge, looking down his nose at her, unlike the gushing east coast media cush given to The Annointed One (Obama), even though he's never led anything in his life.

This has my vote for most petulant sentence ever written on this board.

Edited by Black Dog

(with my deepest apologies to the mildly retarded)

Is it possible for one to apologize to one's self? :lol:

I must also disagree. Obama's clearly the Messiah, not The Annointed One. "The rise of the oceans will begin to slow, and the planet will begin to heal." - Barack Obama

I'm also hoping for lightning bolts out of his ass! :lol:

Fully 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about McCain running mate Sarah Palin, serving her second year as Alaska governor after being a small-town mayor

They don't know Sarah Palin yet, and they're starting to realize that most of what they think they know is a lie.

I understand that you don't think an understanding of the Bush Doctrine matters. What matters is Sarah Palin's demonstrated ignorance of fundamental foreign policy issues, including the Bush Doctrine, and what that ignorance says about her, and McCain's decision to choose her, someone so ill-prepared.

If you want to change the subject to Obama and his security bona fides, start another thread. It's truly annoying when someone unable to refute an argument takes the specious route and hides behind another issue.

The issue is not understanding or interpreting or quoting the Bush doctrine. It is knowing that people who mention these two words together are talking about foreign policy. That she didn't seem to know that shows that she is not quite ready to face the press or to enter a debate.

No. since Palin, McCain had a five point spread. Today, Obama is pulling even and the spread is down to just over two.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20..._obama-225.html

Exactly how is being down by a couple of points, pulling even? And what evidence do you have that connects it to Sarah Palin? Go take a look at what the polls were like before the convention and before the Palin selection. Also, go take a look at what the electoral vote counts were as well. Go take a look at McCain's Republican support compared to now, and go take a look at his support from Independents, and women, compared to now. You'll find a significant shift. Nice try though.

I did refute it. I said it does not matter, and it does not say anything about her. You do not agree. OK. And then I addressed your comment about me being so biased that I do not care about the security of the nation by pointing out that Obama (that's the guy at the top of the democratic ticket, in case you didn't know) may not be the best choice when it comes to security. For me, Bush Doctrine takes a back seat to the deliberate crippling of the ability of national intelligence to do its job.

I think Obama is a bit naive on some foreign affairs issues. But when he hears the words "Bush Doctrine", he most probably knows right away the question is about foreign policy.

Edited by CANADIEN

Well said. It's her first interview, and what it shows is a decided lack of knowledge regarding foreign issues.

Questions about Palin's knowledge of foreign policy dominated the interview with ABC's Charles Gibson. Palin repeated her earlier assertions that she's ready to be president if called upon, yet she sidestepped questions on whether she had the national security credentials needed to be commander in chief.

Asked three times what her position would be if Israel felt threatened enough to attack Iranian nuclear facilities, Palin repeatedly said the United States shouldn't "second guess" Israel's steps to secure itself.

What is that supposed to mean? What is her position? Seems as unclear now as it was before she answered the question.

I take that as meaning "Israel can do whatever they want". A bit simplistic, but that's a position.

So in this particular comparison between Hillary and Palin, Palin answered more directly than did Hillary; Hillary refused to answer at all, while Palin indeed did provide some insight into her thinking.

Yes, and I think we got an insight into her thinking when she made that deer-in-the-headlights gaze after being asked for her opinion on the Bush Doctrine.

Palin's responses in the interview weren't nearly as interesting as her delivery of them, which has been best described as "deer in headlights". She's been briefed to say nothing alright, but you could smell the fear through the TV screen. It reminded me a bit of Dubya when he gets it a tight spot and has to scramble to remember his bullet points. But that's not really all that telling.

A bit uncomfortable, perhaps. Fear, not quite.

Obama was ahead by 7 before the convention. McCain was ahead by 5 after. As of today, he's ahead by just over 2. By "pulling even," I was referring to today's poll results that have them both at 48. McCain's lead is shrinking as Palin's lies are exposed. Now that she's finally admitted her bridge to nowhere lie

you will find his lead disappear and you will soon be back to criticizing the media and questioning the authenticity of poll results. Edited by BubberMiley

Bush's presidency is for another thread. This thread pertains to Governor Palin as McCain's VP selection.

The recent posts have focussed upon experience and readiness to lead.

I have pointed out that Governor Palin has more executive experience Barack Obama. Shall we discuss?

The interview with Charles Gibson revealed that even after a few days cramming for this exam, she knows little or nothing besides energy issues. That may be fine for a governor of Alaska, but the fact that John McCain picked someone who knows nothing about foreign policy as his backup, is a big strike against his executive abilities, since picking a qualified vice president is the first evidence that a candidate shows sound judgement in decision making.

The interview with Charles Gibson revealed that even after a few days cramming for this exam, she knows little or nothing besides energy issues. That may be fine for a governor of Alaska, but the fact that John McCain picked someone who knows nothing about foreign policy as his backup, is a big strike against his executive abilities, since picking a qualified vice president is the first evidence that a candidate shows sound judgement in decision making.

Right..."first evidence"....you can't be serious. Why so much drama...if you don't like the pick, just say so. Democrats picked an inexperienced Obama as well...he should have picked Hillary Clinton!