McCain picks woman for VP slot

I just wonder how the Palin could accept the VP position when she was for Alaska to separate from the US??? Also, if McCain gets in, the stress could bring back the cancer for a third time and everytime it comes back and he gets treated, it shortens his life and Palin may find herself as president and deal with the Middle-East and that stress does cause her raging hormones to strike out militarily!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SurveyUSA: Palin Gets an 'A'

24 hours ago, independent voters nationwide were split on whether Palin was an asset or a liability to McCain's campaign. Today, by a 2:1 margin, independents say Palin is an asset. Overnight, the percentage calling the Alaska governor an asset to the campaign climbed 13 points; the percentage calling her a liability fell 17 points.

The numbers are similar among moderates, who 24 hours ago viewed Palin as a liability by an 11 point margin; today, Palin is seen as an asset by an 18 point margin.

RCP

37.2 million watched Palin

:)

As well, last night was meant to bring perceptions of Obama back down to earth. Part of what this barage of attacks is intended for is to say to the country "this guy isn't a messiah above attacks, he's a thin-resume junior senator of four years with a nice smile and a good stage presence."

If this was the goal, it was successful.

Exactly, Seinfeld. The VP race is a minor sideshow.

Obama is far too left wing radical to get elected president. He's a tax-and-spend, bring-the-troops-home Democrat. About 40% of Americans think like this but they don't represent the majority. Obama is McGovern with a solid black vote.

I couldn't care less about how "good" her speech was. It was written by someone who met her a week ago, so if her speech was good, it tells me that he wrote a good speech. I'm much more interested in her words, which so far haven't impressed me in the least.

If you're "not sure," I guess you have no point.

JFK had Arthur Schlesinger write his speeches. Maybe Churchill, de Gaulle, Lenin and Lincoln wrote their own speeches but I'd be surprised if they didn't take advice. What's your point?

Palin ultimately decided what to say. It seemed obvious to me that she spoke naturally in her own "voice", to use a hackneyed leftist expression.

I object to the way some leftists always belittle anyone on the right: "Palin is just a Stepford Wife trained to read from a teleprompter." "Reagan was just an airhead actor." "Chimps are smarter than Dumbya."

These Leftists are playing the man, not the ball. It's a losing strategy so maybe I shouldn't object. Then again, I think Obama is smart enough not to describe Palin as an empty, talking head weather girl. I suspect that many of the Obama's advisors probably view her that way though. That will be their error if they do. Many of Kerry's people probably made the same mistake about Bush Jnr.

The American Left just doesn't get it.

Edited by August1991

Obama is far too left wing radical to get elected president. He's a tax-and-spend, bring-the-troops-home Democrat. About 40% of Americans think like this but they don't represent the majority. Obama is McGovern with a solid black vote.
I am curious how many moderate Americans realize this. I also think his race is a big advantage in his favour. He will get 95%+ of the black vote and for every red neck that won't vote for a black guy there is a middle of the road white yuppie who feels obligated to give the black guy a chance even if his policies are dubious. IOW - I think Obama will win but McCain has made it a race by picking Palin no matter what her faults. I think McCain would have been facing an electoral collage shutout If he had went with a 'experienced-white-guy' for VP.

Palin ultimately decided what to say. It seemed obvious to me that she spoke naturally in her own "voice", to use a hackneyed leftist expression.

August, the speech was written before she signed on. Very little was from her, apparently the lipstick pit bull part was.

Nothing new of course, none of them write their speeches. Frankly, with her learning curve in the last few days she could never find the time to write that.

Normal operations.

Obama is far too left wing radical to get elected president. He's a tax-and-spend, bring-the-troops-home Democrat.

What's this tax and spend bull? It's the liberals who, every time, pull countries like the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom out of the fiscal mess left by conservatives who tax, spend, and borrow.

As well, do you have a problem with bringing the troops home? Or do you prefer that they be killed and maimed for no good reason in illegal wars that can't be won?

Why to conservatives believe and spread such nonsense?

August, the speech was written before she signed on. Very little was from her, apparently the lipstick pit bull part was.

Nothing new of course, none of them write their speeches. Frankly, with her learning curve in the last few days she could never find the time to write that.

I'll go further than Shady above saying that she was part of the writing team.

She gave the speech. That is, in Hollywood terms, she had control over the final cut.

-----

Sarah Palin reminds me of a rural woman, northern variety. She does things her own way because she's used to having to cope on her own.

No one can really write a speech for someone like that, or put words in her mouth. She's her own woman.

In some ways, I think this is what irritates the Left. Freedom to choose means just that: people may not choose what you would like. Or as NOW described her:

A spokeswoman for the National Organization for Women, noting Palin’s opposition to abortion rights and support of other parts of the social conservative agenda, told Politico, “She's more a conservative man than she is a woman on women's issues. Very disappointing."
Link

I just wonder how the Palin could accept the VP position when she was for Alaska to separate from the US???

Oh that's an easy question to answer....it's just like so many of your Prime Ministers being from Quebec! :lol:

Also, if McCain gets in, the stress could bring back the cancer for a third time and everytime it comes back and he gets treated, it shortens his life and Palin may find herself as president and deal with the Middle-East and that stress does cause her raging hormones to strike out militarily!!

And that's a problem because.....????

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Now you're just being silly. If he had said "we need to have enough troops so we're not running around in circles." would you think he meant they were literally running around in circles? or could it be that he's using hyperbole to make a point?

Oh instead of being clueless you think he was being crass ,insensitive and clueless?

Good CinC.....will go over weel in the boost the moral quotient

Thanks for the clarification

What's this tax and spend bull? It's the liberals who, every time, pull countries like the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom out of the fiscal mess left by conservatives who tax, spend, and borrow.

As well, do you have a problem with bringing the troops home? Or do you prefer that they be killed and maimed for no good reason in illegal wars that can't be won?

Start another thread, Stephen.

But first, "no good reason in illegal wars"? Huh. As Palin said last night, victory in Iraq is in sight and Obama wants to forfeit. I think that I can safely put you down as someone who wants to "bring the troops home". McGovern's slogan was "Come Home America". Look where it got him.

Second, Clinton raised taxes to cover existing government spending - and Clinton was a fiscal conservative. Obama has X, Y, Z scheme to improve America by making the US government bigger and spending more. Obama will raise taxes and spend more money. He's tax and spend.

If Obama became president, there would be a long, long line of people, bowl extended, who will expect payback. Barack Obama is the Bob Rae of US politics. If Obama ever makes it to the the White House (and he won't because American voters are wiser than Ontario voters), he would be a one-term president.

Stephen Best, as I say, let's start another thread on this. If you don't, I may.

Now that even bald-headed, pinstriped womanizers like Rudy Giuliani are playing the sexism card, CBS is going to have to issue an apology for fact-checking her speech. Maybe if they follow the Politico's example, it would be helpful:

On behalf of the media, I would like to say we are sorry.

On behalf of the elite media, I would like to say we are very sorry.

We have asked questions this week that we should never have asked.

We have asked pathetic questions like: Who is Sarah Palin? What is her record? Where does she stand on the issues? And is she is qualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency?

We have asked mean questions like: How well did John McCain know her before he selected her? How well did his campaign vet her? And was she his first choice?

Bad questions. Bad media. Bad.............................

uh, has this dude been living in a cave the past week?

He does a swell job of mentioning legitimate aspects of their coverage of Sarah Palin, but seems to have a rather selective memory about other aspects of their coverage. He'd be a more credible defender of the media coverage if he'd actually bothered to follow it.

-k

Dancer:

Oh instead of being clueless you think he was being crass ,insensitive and clueless?

Good CinC.....will go over weel in the boost the moral quotient

Thanks for the clarification

I see you're half in the bag again, so I'll cut you some slack for being obtuse.

August

I object to the way some leftists always belittle anyone on the right: "Palin is just a Stepford Wife trained to read from a teleprompter." "Reagan was just an airhead actor." "Chimps are smarter than Dumbya."

These Leftists are playing the man, not the ball. It's a losing strategy so maybe I shouldn't object.

Yeah, you don't see anything comprable coming from the right vis Obama. Or at least you wouldn't if you were blind and illiterate. Unless you're one or both, I can't fathom how you can write this rubbish with a straight face.

Sarah Palin reminds me of a rural woman, northern variety. She does things her own way because she's used to having to cope on her own.

No one can really write a speech for someone like that, or put words in her mouth. She's her own woman.

Yessir. She's a strong and independent women who just happens to spew out shopworn Republican cliches on demand.

Were we talking about your cousin? For all I know your cousin's a better mom than Sarah Palin. Is your cousin a better mom than Sarah Palin?

You're cavalierly denigrating the decision that countless women have made, including both Sarah Palin and my cousin. You better believe you're talking about my cousin.

-k