In/Out committee meetings

Topaz

Has anyone watched the meetings for the IN/OUT scheme of the Cons? It's just like watching the daily question period!! On the Con's side , today all they did was run down the chairman, a liberal, and used the time to complain about the way the committee was being handle by the chairman person. It was just another ploy to use time up so there wouldn't be alot of time for questioning the witnesses who were people who ran for the Conservative Party in the last election. The HQ of the Conservatives were telling witnesses that they didn't have to appear, wwhich was untrue because if they didin't, they were issued a summons! The more I listen to Cons, the more they sound like the Bush gang trying to defend their reason for going to war... a lot of bull!

Imagine what it will be like after the House resumes. Time for an election to clear the air. And not let's just blame the CPC. The Oppos in the committee voted down any witnesses proposed by the Conservatives.

That might be true but I wonder if the opposition parties have passed around a how-to booklet on how to stall, thwart and disrupt?

Imagine what it will be like after the House resumes. Time for an election to clear the air. And not let's just blame the CPC. The Oppos in the committee voted down any witnesses proposed by the Conservatives.

The CPC are clearly to blame if an election is called.

1. It is against the law - that they created - to call an election before November of 2009

2. They were given a "minority" government to work with and Harper has repeatedly tried to government both the government and his party like a dictator. He has had temper tantrums and slapped members of his own caucus when compromise would have seen important Bills passed. He has ignored democratic rule by ignoring both the Kyoto implementation and the Kelowna Accord(both of which passed by a majority of the House after his election).

If he attempts to call an election then I would support the opposition to maintain parliament. He can't run a minority government democratically, how can we trust him to run a majority government democratically.

Can you say: Abortion Laws and Gay marriage prohibition?

After watching the preceding for the two days, I wonder how the Conservatives on this committee ever got elected and I wonder what their supporters think of their "performance" during this session on the hearing. The Libs and the Bloc have been respectful and at times NDP Pat Martin has been very frustrated that he said "Holy Christ" to the Cons, to which the member from Peterborough, Ont. said he was Catholic, went to church and was offended by the language. Martin apologized but the reasoning for doing was very clear. The Cons kept calling point of order, just to debate over and over again and by doing so, the time to ask questions of witnesses was put off for 10 minutes each time they it it. The chair kept saying, that was NOT a point of order, it was a debate and not allowed. It did come out that what the Cons did was charge for advertisng at the local level for federal advertising that was done. At the local level they can deduct up 60% and be refunded but NOT at the Federal level. This is were the in/out scheme money went, into the locals as advertising and out the next day, were it was used as advertising at the FEDERAL level and the taxpayers were charged 1.2 Mil by the refund which they weren't entitled to, which is fraud.

This is were the in/out scheme money went, into the locals as advertising and out the next day, were it was used as advertising at the FEDERAL level and the taxpayers were charged 1.2 Mil by the refund which they weren't entitled to, which is fraud.

Another group of Crooked Politicians and crooked political operatives?

After watching the preceding for the two days, I wonder how the Conservatives on this committee ever got elected and I wonder what their supporters think of their "performance" during this session on the hearing. The Libs and the Bloc have been respectful

Ueah right. Can you even tell me why there are any hearings? It's not like the Tories haven't admitted what was being done, nor that it hasn't been documented. The only question is whether that was legal, and the courts are in the process of deciding that. So what's with the big witness list? What exactly is this committee trying to figure out?

The "hearings" are nothing more than political propoganda