Cheney: Dress US seals as Iranians in mock Iranian PT boats

obsidian

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don't we build, we in our shipyard, build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can't have Americans killing Americans. That's the kind of, that's the level of stuff we're talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.

Allbeit, it was rejected, but this is their mindset. Nice.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/07...07fa_fact_hersh

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...va&aid=9725

Edited by obsidian

So, you've taken what could have been an interesting discussion and turned it into a vehicle for your personal attacks against BC. Nice, just carry on impressing everyone with your juvenile whining. By the way, I may not always agree with BC but I have to say that he shows way more class than the more challenged people attacking him in this thread.

Just grow the f*ck up junior.

There is a precedent than has been set in my mind. Every open discussion I have attempted to enter before has quickly been hijacked into an off topic thread where the original post has never been discussed. Or conversely after the 2nd page there will be no remnant of the original thread. I take that satirical post light heartedly as I do with many of the tinfoil hat "truther" comments I have come to accept. I apologize if I offended you BC. I will delete that comment. There is no excuse for assuming he would post anything of that nature and that is truly not the direction I intended to direct this thread. It was juvenile.

If you think this could possibly lead into an interesting on topic discussion I see no reason why it still can't. Let's see.

I like the grow the f*** up junior, has a nice flare to it.

Edited by obsidian

....I apologize if I offended you BC. I will delete that comment.....

But you didn't offend me, since I never saw it. A tip of me hat to Angus for maintaining some semblance of an adult decorum 'round here. I'm sure it was magnificent, y'know, like when people who crave attention bare it all on the Jerry Springer adventure hour.

I'm sure you will "flash" us again.

And that is exactly what I'm talking about angus. He didn't even see the comment but he can't move on and discuss the thread. Did he read it? I don't think so, but can't know for sure. I was correct in my assumptions, and although that doesn't excuse them, they prove my point. It has yet to be proven wrong. I haven't flamed him, I don't know how it could of been considered an insult rather than an observation. N just so you aren't left in the dark BC I insinuated you would either say its a non-issue, not discuss the issue, or blame/contrast it to Canada. You seem to of opted on ignoring/not discussing the issue as usual. And from this point on there's now a 75% chance Cheney's proposal won't even be mentioned....

And that is exactly what I'm talking about angus. He didn't even see the comment but he can't move on and discuss the thread. Did he read it? I don't think so, but can't know for sure. I was correct in my assumptions, and although that doesn't excuse them, they prove my point. It has yet to be proven wrong. I haven't flamed him, I don't know how it could of been considered an insult rather than an observation.

Prove what wrong? All you have proven is an obsession with one member of this forum. Why is it so important to you that any of us engage your thread on your terms? That's not how this game is played.

N just so you aren't left in the dark BC I insinuated you would either say its a non-issue, not discuss the issue, or blame/contrast it to Canada. You seem to of opted on ignoring/not discussing the issue as usual. And from this point on there's now a 75% chance Cheney's proposal won't even be mentioned....

Look son, there are bigger fish to fry around here and even bigger laughs to be had. I actually prefer VP Cheney's more straightforward approaches....invade and pillage just because we can. If it's a "jihad" they wish, then lets make it one to remember!!

Did I mention that I like VP Cheney? He was a free agent just when America needed the biggest prick available.

Do you live by the tennet everything is permissable?? It appears so even if it is blatant in your face war crimes or lies you either chose to deny, or if its undeniable you say "I actually prefer VP Cheney's more straightforward approaches....invade and pillage just because we can. If it's a "jihad" they wish, then lets make it one to remember!!" The quote disgusts me as I am sure it does many others. I guess you think thise whole thing is working out great for America?(empire building)

economic trumps virtue....no human empathy and compassion. But that doesn't matter when fiat money exists right?

And what would your bigger fish be? Bush?...or should I just take your word for it and ignore that Cheney had proposed using a false pretext to enter into a nuclear war with Iran...which is extremely serious and has grave implications. It shows what they have in mind, and if they could concieve it now why not in 2001 when Cheney and Rumsfeld were calling for a "new pearl harbour"...

Edited by obsidian

Obsidian ... you need some advice. Same advice I gave another older member who posted in the same manner as you.

You are never going to get your views across if you keep up this style of posting. BC is a little more tougher as a poster than many of us here. I don't like many of his views and ideals, but the sucker is consistant and always plays like he does. Obsidian, you need a different approach. I was like you in the beginning, and now I have had to adjust my posting style because of some posters in here. I have to take some time to respond to many posts.

OH and the other poster left a long time ago... I am still here :)

-----

IN any case I agree with you Obsidian. We should take this thread in the direction of talking about false flag operations and what they were intended for and the results. Carried out? Against who? For what purpose? These are the important questions to pursue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, at least from now on, the question can be closed, and all doubts settled.

Surely, in a case of genuine incident, they'll follow their own preaching and exercise restraint; proportional response; refraining from hostilities; observance of peace; and so on and yada yada.

And so, if we ever see some mirky incident or "provocation" that should require strong and clear response, to defend, protect, and assist, yada, yada, there should be no doubts what it's all about.