Obama in Europe, and with Foreigners

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drudge report noted that the Obama campaign team's numbers for the crowds are off when compared to the German media. And if media there are anything like here when reporting crowd size of a favored person such as Obama, you know they are overestimating as well. We all know campaign teams love to count creatively, but it's rather transparent when you go over the media's inflated numbers.

The Eurpope trip struck me as pretty egotistical. He's not the president yet, and the citizen of the world crap is just window dressing on an attempt to manipulate American voters by showing them Germans like Obama. Think it'll fly? Not likely. And as commentators have pointed out, McCain has been over there and elsewhere many times and the media has ignored this, because Obama is THE FIRST CANDIDATE TO VISIT EUROPE! REALLY!!

Guest American Woman
The Drudge report noted that the Obama campaign team's numbers for the crowds are off when compared to the German media.

Good ol' Drudge and their selective "developing stories." Gotta love him! Especially since the stories that have prove to have nothing to them aren't corrected, just never heard about again-- making them as reliable as neighborhood gossip.

But speaking of Germany's media, Berlin's Der Tagesspiegel reported that It's unlikely that so many young people have ever gathered for a political event in Germany before.

The Eurpope trip struck me as pretty egotistical.

Yep. Obama should have ignored Europe completely so as to appear humble. Can't have a Presidential candidate of the only Super Power showing any interest outside his country!

:rolleyes:

He's not the president yet, and the citizen of the world crap is just window dressing on an attempt to manipulate American voters by showing them Germans like Obama.

Yes, because one of the first things American voters think about on election day is 'what do the German's think of the candidates?' Of course Obama couldn't be genuinely concerned with world affairs. It's all about ego and manipulating American voters.

Think it'll fly? Not likely. And as commentators have pointed out, McCain has been over there and elsewhere many times and the media has ignored this, because Obama is THE FIRST CANDIDATE TO VISIT EUROPE! REALLY!!

McCain has been to Europe too? That egotistical, manipulative bastard! :lol:

If the media "ignored" his visits, perhaps it's because his visits didn't generate the same interest as Obama's, making them less news worthy. Makes one wonder why the commentators pointing out that McCain has been over there and elsewhere ignored it though, eh?

....If the media "ignored" his visits, perhaps it's because his visits didn't generate the same interest as Obama's, making them less news worthy. Makes one wonder why the commentators pointing out that McCain has been over there and elsewhere ignored it though, eh?

McCain's international visits were not "ignored".....he was traveling as the senior member of taxpayer funded Congressional delegation, not as a "rock star" presidential candidate emulating Jack Kennedy.

Guest American Woman
McCain's international visits were not "ignored".....

I'm not the one who said they were, which is why I put "ignored" in quotes.

he was traveling as the senior member of taxpayer funded Congressional delegation, not as a "rock star" presidential candidate emulating Jack Kennedy.

Translation: McCain didn't generate nearly the interest that "rock star" Obama did. :lol:

I'm not the one who said they were, which is why I put "ignored" in quotes.

I used "quotes" too...seems you ignored them. It's not all about you.

Translation: McCain didn't generate nearly the interest that "rock star" Obama did. :lol:

Correct...McCain was just doing his job as a senior US Senator on a fact finding mission. Obama was too busy fighting it out with another junior senator.

Guest American Woman
I used "quotes" too...seems you ignored them. It's not all about you.

Correct...McCain was just doing his job as a senior US Senator on a fact finding mission. Obama was too busy fighting it out with another junior senator.

Oh, come on. Of course it's all about me. You know that as well as I do. ;)

It's always so obvious by your responses when you're annoyed by the turn of events-- in this case the attention Obama is getting. If you feel as if your man didn't get the attention Obama did, which of course he didn't, perhaps he too could arrange a European "rock star" campaign tour. :P I'm sure the masses would fall all over him in adulation.

Face it. Obama is a young, good looking man with charisma and appeal that McCain is lacking as a "senior" US Senator. He's also delivering a message that people want to hear-- "change."

It's always so obvious by your responses when you're annoyed by the turn of events-- in this case the attention Obama is getting. If you feel as if your man didn't get the attention Obama did, which of course he didn't, perhaps he too could arrange a European "rock star" campaign tour. :P I'm sure the masses would fall all over him in adulation.

Why would I be annoyed? McCain is not a rock star, yet he still got plenty of attention. Enough attention to contend for the office of US president. Abe Lincoln was asked "How long should a man's legs be...."

Face it. Obama is a young, good looking man with charisma and appeal that McCain is lacking as a "senior" US Senator. He's also delivering a message that people want to hear-- "change."

Hmmmm...seems you have easily abandoned your first boy toy choice...John Edwards. LOL!

Guest American Woman
Why would I be annoyed? McCain is not a rock star, yet he still got plenty of attention. Enough attention to contend for the office of US president. Abe Lincoln was asked "How long should a man's legs be....

Good for Abe Lincoln. :blink:

As long as you keep up with the "rock star" comparison, your annoyance will continue to show-- because the only comparison between Obama and a rock star is the attention he's generating,* and obviously it's a sore spot with you. But do keep it up. It's amusing to say the least. But if McCain got plenty of attention, you should be telling that to the commentators who said he was ignored, not me. I wasn't aware that it was his attention overseas that got him in the running for POTUS, though. LOL! Keep bringing up totally irrelevant comments. That hides your annoyance well, too.

Hmmmm...seems you have easily abandoned your first boy toy choice...John Edwards. LOL!

Boy toy?? omg. You're even more upset than I first realized. I guess any guy who's good looking and not old enough to collect social security must be a "boy toy" to you. I don't know if that's hilarious or sad. Most likely both-- hilarious to me, but sad for you. :D

*unless you're referring to that three pointer he made with ease. Much cooler than falling off a bike or choking on a pretzel, eh? LOL!

Edited by American Woman

Good for Abe Lincoln. :blink:

As long as you keep up with the "rock star" comparison, your annoyance will continue to show-- because the only comparison between Obama and a rock star is the attention he's generating,* and obviously it's a sore spot with you. But do keep it up. It's amusing to say the least. But if McCain got plenty of attention, you should be telling that to the commentators who said he was ignored, not me. I wasn't aware that it was his attention overseas that got him in the running for POTUS, though. LOL! Keep bringing up totally irrelevant comments. That hides your annoyance well, too.

Somebody here is certainly annoyed, and it's not me. I posted a position maintaining that McCain was not ignored at all, and is not dubbed a "rock star" by the media as is Obama.

Boy toy?? omg. You're even more upset than I first realized. I guess any guy who's good looking and not old enough to collect social security must be a "boy toy" to you. I don't know if that's hilarious or sad. Most likely both-- hilarious to me, but sad for you. :D

*unless you're referring to that three pointer he made with ease. Much cooler than falling off a bike or choking on a pretzel, eh? LOL!

This speaks for itself....

Why would I be annoyed? McCain is not a rock star, yet he still got plenty of attention. Enough attention to contend for the office of US president. Abe Lincoln was asked "How long should a man's legs be...."

It seems you can't figure it out yet that McCain - the candidate - is essentially irrelevant in the poll numbers! The Republicans could have nominated a sock puppet or a scarecrow, and they'd be polling equal numbers with John McCain. The poll results reflect the approval or disapproval of making Barach Obama the next president.

Buried in those numbers are a substantial segment of Americans who hate blacks, but won't say it out loud, so they will claim he is too far to the left (even though many of them supported John Edwards and Hillary Clinton), and a surprisingly high number - 12% in the latest poll - think that Obama is a Muslim; so the smartest thing John McCain could do is keep his mouth shut and stop whining about not getting enough attention!

If the press (and the general public) does start paying attention to what John McCain says, they may start asking why he needs Joe Lieberman at his side to inform him regarding the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, can't get it through his head that Czechoslovakia is now two separate countries, misrepresents or is uninformed about the "Surge" timeline, and yet he confesses to being 'a little weak on domestic issues!' If he gets his wish, and becomes something other than the vote against Obama, he'll wish he had kept his mouth shut!

It seems you can't figure it out yet that McCain - the candidate - is essentially irrelevant in the poll numbers! The Republicans could have nominated a sock puppet or a scarecrow, and they'd be polling equal numbers with John McCain. The poll results reflect the approval or disapproval of making Barach Obama the next president.

Nonsense.....the only thing that is irrelevant are non-American voters....like you.

Buried in those numbers are a substantial segment of Americans who hate blacks, but won't say it out loud, so they will claim he is too far to the left (even though many of them supported John Edwards and Hillary Clinton), and a surprisingly high number - 12% in the latest poll - think that Obama is a Muslim; so the smartest thing John McCain could do is keep his mouth shut and stop whining about not getting enough attention!

Oh sure...let me count the number of "black" Canadian PMs.

If the press (and the general public) does start paying attention to what John McCain says, they may start asking why he needs Joe Lieberman at his side to inform him regarding the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, can't get it through his head that Czechoslovakia is now two separate countries, misrepresents or is uninformed about the "Surge" timeline, and yet he confesses to being 'a little weak on domestic issues!' If he gets his wish, and becomes something other than the vote against Obama, he'll wish he had kept his mouth shut!

And Senator Obama may get the same wish.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman
Somebody here is certainly annoyed, and it's not me. I posted a position maintaining that McCain was not ignored at all, and is not dubbed a "rock star" by the media as is Obama.

So we've reached beyond the point where you've got nothing to say in rebuttal and are now trying to turn the tables. :D You really don't know when to exercise your right to remain silent, do you?

I mean really, "rock star" and "boy toy" .... what more can one say than LOL!

So we've reached beyond the point where you've got nothing to say in rebuttal and are now trying to turn the tables. :D You really don't know when to exercise your right to remain silent, do you?

I mean really, "rock star" and "boy toy" .... what more can one say than LOL!

Both terms were coined by the media, not me. Remaining silent is boring, particularly when their is so much fun to had. I'm still laughing about your last favorite "rock star"...John Kerry.

Guest American Woman
Both terms were coined by the media, not me.

Who said anything about coining the terms? You were the one who used them. So do you always let the media speak for you rather than thinking for yourself?

Remaining silent is boring, particularly when their is so much fun to had. I'm still laughing about your last favorite "rock star"...John Kerry.
Because Al Gore, an American, invented the Internet.

Methinks you need to learn the difference between "fun" and "incredibly stupid."

Have a nice day. :)

Who said anything about coining the terms? You were the one who used them. So do you always let the media speak for you rather than thinking for yourself?

Yes, and even then, it is easy to run circles around you.

Methinks you need to learn the difference between "fun" and "incredibly stupid."

Have a nice day. :)

Bye!

The whole world (not just Canada) is looking at America and what her citizens are going to do come November.

Those who think like BC 2004 are PROUD that hundreds of thousands of Americans have lost their homes (our economy is just FINE!) they are PROUD when a child dies because his parents don't have medical (they shouldn't have kids!) . They are PROUD when they see images of mutilated Iraqi children (collateral damage!). They are PROUD of every atrocity that has been committed in their name... I think there must be heavy duty drugs in your guys' water...

Funny how those who think like AW are not proud of what the Bush Republicans have done to their country and those abroad. They are hoping beyond hope that the new guy (who cares his name, his history, his religion, his colour!) will be able to put the country back on track... moving forward with the rest of the world.

Do you drink bottled water AW? Keep it up! And don't use those suspicious smelling brain-altering mist *thingies either LOL

*SOMETHING must affect the brains of those who support Bush's regime... cause people normally just are-not-that-stupid no matter what country they reside in.

The whole world (not just Canada) is looking at America and what her citizens are going to do come November.

They watch our movies too...so what? It's our choice....all you can do is watch...as always.

Those who think like BC 2004 are PROUD that hundreds of thousands of Americans have lost their homes (our economy is just FINE!) they are PROUD when a child dies because his parents don't have medical (they shouldn't have kids!) . They are PROUD when they see images of mutilated Iraqi children (collateral damage!). They are PROUD of every atrocity that has been committed in their name... I think there must be heavy duty drugs in your guys' water...

You would certainly know more about "heavy duty" drugs than I.

Funny how those who think like AW are not proud of what the Bush Republicans have done to their country and those abroad. They are hoping beyond hope that the new guy (who cares his name, his history, his religion, his colour!) will be able to put the country back on track... moving forward with the rest of the world.

Back on track? You obviously do not know much American history. It is one helluva "track".

*SOMETHING must affect the brains of those who support Bush's regime... cause people normally just are-not-that-stupid no matter what country they reside in.

Bush's "regime" is America's "regime".....you just pay more attention to it than your own.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

What is more interesting to watch?

A. Grass growing

B. A car wreck

... now I will explain this for you... *sigh*

-- politics in Canada is like watching grass grow - kinda boring, not much changes from party to party.

-- politics in the US is like a car wreck... you know your going to see something ugly but you look anyway.

You with me so far hon?

Again.... politics in Canada is boring. No towers are demolished by presidents, no children butchered -- b-o-r-i-n-g.

In the USA there are terrorists around every corner, buildings fall (miraculously in their own footprints at freefall speed!) of their own accord, people die because they have no healthcare, people lose their homes because they have no jobs -- e-x-c-i-t-i-n-g.

Get it now? It is more fun to watch your horror movie than our documentary on the speed of grass growth. LOL

In the USA there are terrorists around every corner, buildings fall (miraculously in their own footprints at freefall speed!) of their own accord, people die because they have no healthcare, people lose their homes because they have no jobs -- e-x-c-i-t-i-n-g.

People in Canada also die while awaiting medical treatment. And I don't doubt some out of work auto workers will be losing their homes.

Guest American Woman
QUOTE=Drea : In the USA there are terrorists around every corner, buildings fall (miraculously in their own footprints at freefall speed!) of their own accord, people die because they have no healthcare, people lose their homes because they have no jobs -- e-x-c-i-t-i-n-g.

People in Canada also die while awaiting medical treatment. And I don't doubt some out of work auto workers will be losing their homes.

You're right, and as far as I can see, Americans aren't salivating over the "excitement" of it when it does happen.

I noticed you're from Heybridge Basin. Are you British?

You're right, and as far as I can see, Americans aren't salivating over the "excitement" of it when it does happen.

I noticed you're from Heybridge Basin. Are you British?

I have both British and Canadian citizenship. And I have worked and lived extensively in the US. In NY and MN. Yes, and I was working on the railroad.

Each year many Canadians go to the US for medical treatment not available in Canada or because of shortage of facilities. Without the US as a safety valve the shortcomings in the Canadian medical care system would be even more apparent.

And if the G8 were being reconstituted Canada and Italy would get the heave to be replaced by China and India.